Kodi streaming

fraz65

I've subscribed to sportsmania and tried to use it to watch the Killie game last night. The Kodi stream stated that it was in SD but seemed to be HD so wouldn't stream on my computer.

I've got broadband but it's not as fast as i'd like. Is there any way to change the kodi stream to a lower definition or speed up my broadband stream or should I just change to a different broadband provider?

The source of the stream might be an HD channel, but the actual resolution probably wasn't.

In any case, you generally can't change it - the only alternative is to try a different stream. With some add-ons you see a bitrate in KBps per sec - the higher the figure, the higher the picture quality, but the faster your broadband will need to be.

Your broadband speed depends on lots of things - if it's 'normal' broadband, then it depends on how far you are from the exchange, how good the wiring is in your house and your provider. With fibre, there are less issues as even the slowest package should be more than fast enough to stream games.

On 3/20/2016 at 8:13 AM, fraz65 said:

I've subscribed to sportsmania and tried to use it to watch the Killie game last night. The Kodi stream stated that it was in SD but seemed to be HD so wouldn't stream on my computer.

I've got broadband but it's not as fast as i'd like. Is there any way to change the kodi stream to a lower definition or speed up my broadband stream or should I just change to a different broadband provider?

If you go to the settings on your add on then you can configure it so it only streams in whatever quality you desire.  

12 hours ago, Auld Killie Fan said:

If you go to the settings on your add on then you can configure it so it only streams in whatever quality you desire.  

Thanks. I've tried that but still can't stream games.

Tried again with the Scotland game tonight but it doesn't work.

All of the channels work fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded Kodi on the advice of a pal, got the moneysports add on and it worked fine the first time I used it. Tried it the other night and it wouldnt connect. I uninstalled and re-installed the add on and only get one channel, some mad Euro-Sport channel that shows figure-skating.

Any help? I'm bamboozled by the whole thing

24 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

I downloaded Kodi on the advice of a pal, got the moneysports add on and it worked fine the first time I used it. Tried it the other night and it wouldnt connect. I uninstalled and re-installed the add on and only get one channel, some mad Euro-Sport channel that shows figure-skating.

Any help? I'm bamboozled by the whole thing

Watch YouTube videos on installing add on's. Its pretty straightforward . Did it come preloaded? Try downloading the following add ons;

castaway - sport

exodus -films/tv

phoenix - films/tv/sport

UK Turk - films/tv/sport

That is just the way it is with these streams.

Someone develops a new add-on (or gets sources for streams), it gets popular and struggles, or gets shut down.

Someone else then develops a new add-on (or gets sources for streams)..........

You could try the paid add-ons - perhaps get a pre-paid credit card to cover your back though.

5 hours ago, CapitanColumbo said:

I've got a few add ons which work fine for me, however Mrs C is complaining she can't find anything. 

Anyone know of decent build that will work, as last 2 I've had to scrub and do over. 

Have you tried phoenix & exodus? I've found plenty of s**te in them that my worse half watches

See all these paid add-ons... why would anybody get involved in any transaction with somebody they can't know or trust? This throws up all sorts of reliability, technical and privacy issues.

While it might be a bit of hassle trying to find reliable streams, these things aren’t meant to be easy and free at the same time. Sports streams are legally enforced much stronger than other streams, and for that reason they’re highly unreliable.

Instead of paying some fly-by-night that’s going to run with your money, why not just pay for Sky?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Bhamkillieken said:

My kodi box has stopped working. Cant use Kodi or Netflix has anyone else had this problem? It is till connected as I can get on line but nothing else is working? Any suggestions?

Have you changed internet provider? Sometimes their security settings need to be changed in your router, wouldn't have stopped Netflix though i wouldn't have thought