New signing??

killiehippo

Carlisle Utd boss says he won't rush into offering deal to Nathan Tyson

Keith Curle insists he won't be pressured into offering a deal to hitman Nathan Tyson before he is ready.

That is despite having been told that 34-year-old Tyson has been made an offer by a Scottish club, who he met last week.

Tyson had initially scored in a trial outing for Carlisle's reserves - but Curle would prefer a longer look at the former Nottingham Forest man before deciding whether to join the race for his signature.

The Blues manager said: "The agent told me exactly what the offer was that he had been made, and was considering that offer.

"Basically he is waiting for me to say, 'We'll counter that offer and we're putting this in'.

"I don't work like that. If it comes down to finances, that's not what I'm about."

(Carlisle News & Star)

Just days after an account claiming to belong to Nathan Tyson advertised his services on LinkedIn, Kilmarnock have signed the 34-year-old.

Kilmarnock have signed former Nottingham Forest striker Nathan Tyson after an account claiming to belong to the player advertised his services on LinkedIn.

The 34-year-old has scored over 100 Football League goals in his career, representing the likes of Forest, Derby County and Doncaster Rovers.

However, Tyson was left without a club after being released by Doncaster and he apparently turned to the business-orientated social network in the hope of earning a contract.

"Hi. Anyone know of any teams that are looking for a striker? I'm still a free agent, willing to train with a team if they want to have a look at me first," the post read.

"Also have my CV and video footage of my last two seasons."

And the move appears to have paid off, with ex-Huddersfield Town manager Lee Clark taking Tyson to Scotland.

He had previously been on trial with Carlisle United, before Killie stole in to clinch the signing.

(fourfourtwo)

2 hours ago, Oldkillie said:

Don't you feel like a total pr1ck right now

Actually no, I beleive we should NOT be signing people who think playing for Carlisle is a bigger stage or better for their career than playing top flight football at killie.  Anyone who has no issue with someone seemingy willing to choose lewgue two over Killie is the one who should feel like a prick.

Edited by Beaker71

Guy's at the end of his career, he'll be looking for the best pay packet aswell as competitive football. Carlisle will probably have been offering similar if not more in wages so it's not mental for him to consider them. Less of a move for him and his family (if he has one). 

He's come to us quoting top flight football as the reason so happy to have him.

I'd expect he'll be playing on weeks Boydy needs a rest.

10 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Actually no, I beleive we should NOT be signing people who think playing for Carlisle is a bigger stage or better for their career than playing top flight football at killie.  Anyone who has no issue with someone seemingy willing to choose lewgue two over Killie is the one who should feel like a prick.

You don't half talk sh1te.

12 hours ago, skygod said:

Just days after an account claiming to belong to Nathan Tyson advertised his services on LinkedIn, Kilmarnock have signed the 34-year-old.

Kilmarnock have signed former Nottingham Forest striker Nathan Tyson after an account claiming to belong to the player advertised his services on LinkedIn.

The 34-year-old has scored over 100 Football League goals in his career, representing the likes of Forest, Derby County and Doncaster Rovers.

However, Tyson was left without a club after being released by Doncaster and he apparently turned to the business-orientated social network in the hope of earning a contract.

"Hi. Anyone know of any teams that are looking for a striker? I'm still a free agent, willing to train with a team if they want to have a look at me first," the post read.

"Also have my CV and video footage of my last two seasons."

And the move appears to have paid off, with ex-Huddersfield Town manager Lee Clark taking Tyson to Scotland.

He had previously been on trial with Carlisle United, before Killie stole in to clinch the signing.

(fourfourtwo)

Huh! I guess this LinkedIn is the modern day equivalent of ceefax. Mind that Wycombe fella?