Big Crowds for the run-in

kfc_superteam

Obviously its been well documented that we don't get big crowds for home games for various reasons. With the likelihood we will be involved in a winner takes all relegation decider again like Falkirk a few years ago, do we expect that fans will return to the game to support the team for this game. We got 10,000 at the Falkirk game, 16,000 for the cup final. Is this likely or have we lost even these fans that turn up  for the really big games.

Don't get me wrong, I want bigger crowds and our survival in the league... but once again it'll be the supporters who bail out MJ with their attendance.

I want this man hung drawn and quartered and his body parts displayed at the four corners of Rugby Park!!

Okay a little carried away there, but I want him held accountable for Kenny leaving and all proceedings following that. Let's turn out in numbers but let's start the protests again!!

14 minutes ago, Killiesub said:

More Killie supporters going to the games between now and the last league game gives us the better chance of avoiding the playoffs

There may be some truth in that but my experience is that a seriously large number of fans have found something better to do with their time.

"Big, important games" just isn't going to work the "Get out of jail free" magic it once did for MJ. People have just lost interest.  

5 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Not at the game on Saturday or Aberdeen I guess? Otherwise I can't understand your comment

I agree the players put in a really good shift on Saturday and Football can be unbelievably cruel at times. After 50 years of watching KFC I know that very well.

Sadly I believe the apathy has become so deep rooted now it's going to take more than a couple of decent performances to get people's attention. 

Clark Coming onto the park to acknowledge the fans at the end was a good sign and shows he is prepared to try and reach out to people who have been taken for granted for way too long.

Faubert looks like he could turn out to be a decent investment.

Still there is a fundamental problem in that we don't have anybody who can put the ball in the net. The way the Ceptic defence played the last 20 minutes on Saturday they really did not deserve to be at 0-0 when they scored. If we had had the right ability level up front the game should have been over in our favour by 90 minutes. Unlike many on here I don't believe Boydie is the answer. He has got the instinct but the sharpness has gone and based on his fitness is woeful. Mageniss is not a goal scorer and as for Tope, if he is the answer, it's the wrong question.  Really I hope Clark has got a plan because I really cant see an answer here.

2 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Not at the game on Saturday or Aberdeen I guess? Otherwise I can't understand your comment

I watched Saturday's game from the comfort of home, I didn't see much that would tempt me to part with £25. 

How many points did we get from those games btw?

53 minutes ago, Killiesub said:

Call youself a supporter and you don't know how many points we got

Oh I knew how many points we got. I was making the point that the players hadn't done enough to get us a single point from a possible six. But you must have known that anyway. Nobody is that stupid. 

Btw I'm a customer rather than a supporter nowadays. 

36 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Oh I knew how many points we got. I was making the point that the players hadn't done enough to get us a single point from a possible six. But you must have known that anyway. Nobody is that stupid. 

Btw I'm a customer rather than a supporter nowadays. 

I was hoping with the new manger that changes in the mind of our support would take place

we have a guy in the managers job who is clearly making a difference on and off the park

we just need to give the guy a chance and get behind him and the team        the best way is to get to the games and support Killie 

i hope you can become a regular customer + a happy 1 at that

2 hours ago, Killiesub said:

we have a guy in the managers job who is clearly making a difference on and off the park

Now that's not entirely accurate is it? Yes he does seem more willing to engage with the support and yes he is a lot more articulate than either Gary or AJ were, but....

1 point from a possible 15. 1 goal after 450 minutes of football.

I know you are going to tell me the team looks more organised but to the stay away fans what clear difference is there?   

2 hours ago, Killiesub said:

I was hoping with the new manger that changes in the mind of our support would take place

we just need to give the guy a chance and get behind him and the team        the best way is to get to the games and support Killie 

i hope you can become a regular customer + a happy 1 at that

Talk is cheap, and for all Clark's rhetoric, I've yet to see any significant change in style or results from the team. The last minute goal against Celtic encapsulates our season in a microcosm; a midfield gone missing and defenders standing-off to give Rogic all the time in the world to line up his shot and pick his spot. Ok it took a great strike to beat us, but it was the result of our same old failings  

There's been no "new manager bounce", we don't look any sharper, we aren't any more organised, there's certainly no more effort than when McCulloch was in charge. While motivational posters in the dressing room might work in the long term, we need points now, if we're going to stay up. This team don't look capable of getting them.

While it's admirable you've retained your enthusiasm, and want to give Clark a chance; as a customer rather than a supporter, I find it all a bit "emperors new clothesy". I've heard and seen it all before; "it's a new dawn, things will be done differently, we just need the fans to get behind us", Jim Mann was saying exactly the same things a few short months ago. You could probably find Locke or AJ saying the same if you could be bothered looking. Nothing's changed, take off the blue tinted specs and you'll see we're still standing here butt naked, our arse available to anyone looking to bend us over to give us a pumping. We are a shambles from top to bottom, but I'm not blaming manager for that. 

When Clark got the job, I put forward the opinion, it didn't really matter who got the job, the players weren't good enough. Much of the blame for that can be laid at the feet of our two previous managers, but there's also an air of general malaise lingering about the club. We've stood still too long and stagnated.  There's not enough new killie blood coming thorough, either in the team or in the stands. We lack heroes, people you'd pay good money to see or wish to emulate if you were a kid coming through. Anyone with the clubs best interests at heart have been purged. The integrity binned as we chased the easy money.  There's no link with town. There's no engagement with fans. We're still seen as the enemy rather than the lifeblood. I've used the term turnstile fodder before, because sadly that's how we're seen. Everything about the place is just so dispiriting that I can't envisage me ever becoming a regular again, unless there's meaningful change. Looking at our crowds, I don't think I'm the only one. 

9 minutes ago, Zorro said:

There's been no "new manager bounce", we don't look any sharper, we aren't any more organised, there's certainly no more effort than when McCulloch was in charge. While motivational posters in the dressing room might work in the long term, we need points now, if we're going to stay up. This team don't look capable of getting them.

How do you know this if you don't go to the game

r u basing this on a 4 min highlight on sportscene

if you are basing this on the Celtic game, u haven't watched many Killie games over the past few years