Drinking at the fitba in Irvine...

azert

For some reason they have decided Irvine (of all places) to be used as a guinea pig for re-introducing booze at football.

1 - Junior fitba 
2 - Irvine Meadow v Irvine Vics
3 - Friday night
4 - In the midde of the s**tty ned fest Marymass.

Well, it'll give the cops a good excuse not to allow booze at football for another 10 years at least.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/irvine-meadow-set-first-football-8600408#Hev06KvKs6x6mfAT.97

It's about choice. It's about restriction of trade. You don't honestly think that people can't go for a couple of hours without a drink, you are just trying to make your point, badly. If 40,000 rugby fans or fans of other sports are allowed to wander down to the kiosks and have a beer then football fans should be allowed to do it to. You can buy a beer sitting in your seat at huge American sporting events, the only ones who should be banned are the ones who are guilty of abusing it. Why can't I enjoy a beer watching the football because some arseholes from Glasgow or Edinburgh can't handle their drink? There were 5,000 grannies pished out of their nut at the recent Rod Stewart concert, there were also a few incidents that were a bit untoward. Should we now ban anyone ever having a drink at a Rod Stewart concert again? Don't answer that, I should say should we now ban everyone ever having a drink at a music concert again? They can manage it in England and Italy where the hooligan element is rife, so we can manage it here with even less bother I'd imagine, and if fans of teams abuse it then deal with them separately.

This has to be the most ill informed post I've seen in years on this forum. The reason for the application is simple. Meadow have a small social club at the ground but it is not big enough to take all the folk who would normally attend this fixture. It's just a smaller version of the sports bar at Rugby Park, which attracts the same type of support. I've been attending this fixture for fifty years and have never seen any trouble. To say A & E will be busy because of this game is just ridiculous. The Marymass Festival is a community event which involves the whole town,  something which is sadly lacking in Kilmarnock. 

8 minutes ago, daviefaekillie said:

It's about choice. It's about restriction of trade. You don't honestly think that people can't go for a couple of hours without a drink, you are just trying to make your point, badly. If 40,000 rugby fans or fans of other sports are allowed to wander down to the kiosks and have a beer then football fans should be allowed to do it to. You can buy a beer sitting in your seat at huge American sporting events, the only ones who should be banned are the ones who are guilty of abusing it. Why can't I enjoy a beer watching the football because some arseholes from Glasgow or Edinburgh can't handle their drink? There were 5,000 grannies pished out of their nut at the recent Rod Stewart concert, there were also a few incidents that were a bit untoward. Should we now ban anyone ever having a drink at a Rod Stewart concert again? Don't answer that, I should say should we now ban everyone ever having a drink at a music concert again? They can manage it in England and Italy where the hooligan element is rife, so we can manage it here with even less bother I'd imagine, and if fans of teams abuse it then deal with them separately.

I feel there are bigger issues facing Scotland as a country and Scottish football than whether or not you can have a beer at a game. The ban works. If you want a beer, go to the pub before and after. Problem solved

10 minutes ago, Max1869 said:

This has to be the most ill informed post I've seen in years on this forum. The reason for the application is simple. Meadow have a small social club at the ground but it is not big enough to take all the folk who would normally attend this fixture. It's just a smaller version of the sports bar at Rugby Park, which attracts the same type of support. I've been attending this fixture for fifty years and have never seen any trouble. To say A & E will be busy because of this game is just ridiculous. The Marymass Festival is a community event which involves the whole town,  something which is sadly lacking in Kilmarnock. 

Yes its sadly lacking because of the corrupt cooncil.

1 hour ago, Max1869 said:

AandE busy whenever that gypofest is on

It's the Juniors FFS!

At least they didn't trial it at Auchinleck v Cumnock..

I'm all for bevy in the juniors.

However, after the 1980 cup final in the senior game, bevy should be administered before and after the game + maybe at half time if there's a stadium bar!

Edited by RAG

1 hour ago, Max1869 said:

Agreed. Marymass had 1 bad year about 10 years ago which happened to be on the same day as an OF early kick off. Sure these can be trouble with the odd clowns. Ive started going back in recent years and enjoyed it.

On the drinking at the game front........never heard of any trouble at the Marymass fixture. Although you will always get the odd bellend or two like any event.

27 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

People can go 90 minutes without it.  But why should we? Are we worse than music fans? Are you OK with football fans being treated like c**ts. 

Going on the s**te you post on this site, I'd ban you from drinking and allow it at the fitba. Haven't you got a power point to be doing?

Edited by bute-killiefan

2 hours ago, Fridge Magnet said:

Irvine..... derby match... at Marymass.... at night after a day on the sauce. I also see a flaw in the cunning plan

It's on a Friday most people work so it's no like a weekend auld firm game!as for the ones slagging merrymas when were you last there the moor is alcohol free except the beer tent