Which ISP would you recommend ?

Wrangodog

Sky fibre contract ends soon and I was looking around at the various deals available. Can't get Virgin in our area so that is out. Was thinking about BT but there appears to be complaints about their customer service on some websites. Would be interested to hear how other posters rate their ISP's.

Edited by Wrangodog

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking from personal experience I have been with BT for 2 years now after 15 with AOL.

Never had any bother with either of them. Made the switch for purely financial reasons.

From a technical point of view both have provided perfect service i.e. always available.

I have had issues with routers when with AOL but that was my equipment not theirs. Since the move to BT their provided router has been (touch wood) 100%.

I do take the time to reset the router every couple of weeks just to be safe.

My house is device-laden - Xbox One, 2 mobiles, an IPad, 4 Kindles, two Sky Boxes with On-Demand, Smart TV, 3 laptops.

Never any issues with any connection or lag.

Good.

I had to make a decision since I cancelled Sky so I went with BT. Their router gets good reviews unlike the Sky hub which is hopeless. I phoned Plusnet who had a good deal on fibre on Broadband Choices but when I phoned the price wasn't the same and although unlimited it also had a fair usage policy unlike BT.