POLITICAL FOOTBALL: Lawrie McKinna's Dangerous Truth

Grishnakh

Lawrie McKinna was a Killie striker between 82 and 86 before he emigrated to Australia to play in the old NSL. Made quite a name for himself as a player, but then went into coaching where he really shone. He was the inaugural coach of the Central Coast Mariners in the A-League - the smallest club with the smallest budget - and yet they punched way above their weight during Lawrie's five years in charge. After that, Lawrie coached in China, then returned to the Central Coast, went into politics and was elected mayor four years running. He was recently appointed CEO of the Newcastle Jets.

Lawrie's story is incredible. It is also very funny and has a lot of football insight from both a player's and coach's perspective. The first five chapters are set in Scotland. (The back cover has a picture of Lawrie with his boys before his last ever game at Rugby Park.)

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by advertising it here. I expect there will be many in your community who'd be interested in the book, which will be available through Book Depository in about a month.

LM full.png

• 1 month later...