Kris Boyd has 137 goals...

Dillinger

put in a decent shift , worked best he could and took his goal well , would have been good if he at least acknowledged the fans applause when coming off despite his possible "annoyance" at both recent events and some of the criticism this season of his off the field media  persona but fact he didn't was no big deal 

Though with the change of Management team -do think some of the rumoured easy going and relaxed training atmosphere will change which most players may welcome , a few may not 

His gesture when he scored was none to friendly either.

Aimed at the fans or at the new gaffer? Or BB? Has he been told something we don't yet know?

The club has been very accommodating with his commitments to The Sun, the BBC and Sky Sports. Some would say - and have said - too accommodating.

At least he doesn't lack a forum if he wants to air his views in public. 

His commitment to killie over the years is unquestionable. He always give 100% and is always talking the rest of the team through the game. Some fans on here, like squirrelhumper,should be ashamed of the guff the spout in his direction. 

It will be a long time till we see a goal scorer like Boyd in killie colours. We should be grateful for the service and goals over the years.

Too many with narrow minded bigoted views on here imo 

Edited by boydiesback

Agree he sometimes drags the team along and has done great things for many years for Killie. If he was still banging in 25 goals a season then he could do what he liked.

As it is he is stepping on toes with his media stuff and abusing his own fans is a huge mistake (if thats what he was doing).

I didn't pay the guts of £80 to take my family to the game yesterday to be told to Eff off by a senior player. 

It hasn't taken the shine off a great day for Killie bit he should be made to explain his actions.

1 hour ago, boydiesback said:

Hi commitment to killie over the years is unquestionable. He always give 100% and is always taking the rest of the team through the game. Some fans on here, like squirrelhumper,should be ashamed of the guff the spout in his direction. 

It will be a long time till we see a goal scorer like Boyd in killie colours. We should be grateful for the service and goals over the years.

Too many with narrow minded bigoted views on here imo 

Well said mate, some of the abuse he gets on here and at the games is laughable. One things for sure I bet those particular supporters were celebrating yesterday when he opened the scoring. Short memories indeed!

2 hours ago, red_dug said:

Agree he sometimes drags the team along and has done great things for many years for Killie. If he was still banging in 25 goals a season then he could do what he liked.

As it is he is stepping on toes with his media stuff and abusing his own fans is a huge mistake (if thats what he was doing).

I didn't pay the guts of £80 to take my family to the game yesterday to be told to Eff off by a senior player. 

It hasn't taken the shine off a great day for Killie bit he should be made to explain his actions.

Nah, the guys that dish out absolute pelters, and booed when he got subbed on the other week, need to be able to take it back as well as dish it out. 

Fans have this unreasonable expectation that abuse is a one way thing with footballers. Think if that's what Boyd was doing then he has every right to do a GIRUY. Must be satisfying 

I like boydy, i was seething with those idiots booing him on the other week. 

Cant expect 900 fans to take flak aimed at a dozen clowns who probably don't go to away games. I think there's a bigger picture here and going by his instagram post last night on top of his attitude yesterday i wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him again.

3 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Nah, the guys that dish out absolute pelters, and booed when he got subbed on the other week, need to be able to take it back as well as dish it out. 

Fans have this unreasonable expectation that abuse is a one way thing with footballers. Think if that's what Boyd was doing then he has every right to do a GIRUY. Must be satisfying 

Spot on. Too many wee keyboard warriors on here who post all sorts of rumour, nonsense and lies about the club and players. The poor wee souls are easily offended if someone dishes it back. 

Wr should be praying Boyd can score a few more this season, it will likely be his last in killie colours, and support him to do so. He might have an off game but I've never seen him not give 100% to the killie cause.

rory is another who suffers from these keyboard fools but also showed yesterday what an important player he can be for us.

Have no problem with him choosing to hit back if he feels he's been unfairly criticised.

The fact is though he just hasn't been good enough in his third spell.

His goal record makes him a bona fide Killie great, but he just doesn't look good enough anymore.

If that was indeed his last game, going by his Instagram post, we won't miss him.

That doesn't mean though that he doesn't deserve respect for what he's done in a Killie shirt.

Boydie has been brilliant for us over the years. The only reason he takes flak during games now is because of his fitness level. Yesterday there were quite a few times where a fitter striker would've got the ball or put the defender under real pressure. Look at the goal again. A fit boydie would've been on the end of that cross. Got lucky that ball broke to him imo. No mistaking his quality finish but he's not the same player now. No.1 striker under his pal LM but knows Clarke will have other ideas.

His GIRUY is pretty pathetic. He was part of the management team yesterday so should be leading by example.

Not fussed about what he does in the media. It's what he does on the pitch that bothers me.