Kris Boyd has 137 goals...

Dillinger

3 hours ago, TroonKFC said:

I trust that's a joke.

Seems like this guy has no idea the kind of job Millen seems to be doing. The young lads seem fit hungry and well instructed in their roles. Im also very impressed with Millen's in game coaching style. Short clear instructions and he never seems to lose his rag with players and seldomly at all to be fair. Maybe Boyd could take over the job Gary Dicker is doing if he goes in the summer. 

On 13/12/2017 at 10:12 PM, Estragon said:

Agreed. I can't help but feel the Boyd-sceptics in our midst will rethink their criticism of him during the decades we'll spend waiting for another forward as good who'll play here for any amount of time. 

I was a sceptic, and still am:

1) He getting auld for a striker, and it shows. I watched him in his debut season for us. A raw, gangly boy gamboling about and getting shoved aff the baw frequently.  

2) His voice in the meeja is woeful and is too often about another club;

3) You've made the point yourself. We need a replacement. Who?

9 hours ago, warwickboy said:

I was a sceptic, and still am:

1) He getting auld for a striker, and it shows. I watched him in his debut season for us. A raw, gangly boy gamboling about and getting shoved aff the baw frequently.  

2) His voice in the meeja is woeful and is too often about another club;

3) You've made the point yourself. We need a replacement. Who?

1) He's older certainly, but he's been the victim of a system that doesn't suit him anymore. It's not 2013/14 anymore when he was outstanding as a lone striker. Playing that position for the last two years without a midfield willing to step up and support him was dreadful, but now it seems like Brophy provides the energy and enthusiasm for Boyd to pick up the scraps, and age won't necessarily be a barrier to him doing this effectively for as long as we play in the way we've been doing.

2) I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I've seen nothing that suggests his media commitments hamper his ability on the pitch. As long as he's asked questions about Rangers, he's got a professional duty to answer them - and this really doesn't bother me. 

3) A replacement for the first guy to score 100 goals in 40 years? Honestly, I don't know if he's even been born yet.

3 hours ago, Estragon said:

As long as he's asked questions about Rangers, he's got a professional duty to answer them - and this really doesn't bother me. 

I'd take issue with this on two grounds.

Firstly, if he's an interviewee and is asked about Rangers he can simply say that he'd rather talk about the club he is employed to play for.

Secondly, as is much more frequently the case, he is not an interviewee but the "author" of a newspaper column or presenter of a TV programme and has some editorial control over what he talks/ writes about.

I think you're correct that his media activities don't interfere with his playing activities, although some might say that extra fitness sessions would have been more beneficial earlier in the season than doing TV work.

However, what I take issue with is the awkward position it puts him in as a current player commenting in the media on other clubs, players and managers. Either he can be bland and boring and risk lose his jobs, or he can be controversial and risk making an arse of himself. Too often it has been the latter.

I can't be cynical about big Sammon, never gave anything less than 100% for Kilmarnock. 

Although I was glad we didn't sign his pal after all when I saw the nick of this bunnet. Imagine the club letting him wear something so ridiculous in his first official photo. Might be a bit old fashioned, but I think that hints at a poor attitude...

067_324__13774216_1502724471_standard.jpg

On 14/12/2017 at 12:59 PM, cammy_boy said:

Seems like this guy has no idea the kind of job Millen seems to be doing. The young lads seem fit hungry and well instructed in their roles. Im also very impressed with Millen's in game coaching style. Short clear instructions and he never seems to lose his rag with players and seldomly at all to be fair. Maybe Boyd could take over the job Gary Dicker is doing if he goes in the summer. 

Like his style. Swears like an absolute trooper!

46 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I can't be cynical about big Sammon, never gave anything less than 100% for Kilmarnock. 

Although I was glad we didn't sign his pal after all when I saw the nick of this bunnet. Imagine the club letting him wear something so ridiculous in his first official photo. Might be a bit old fashioned, but I think that hints at a poor attitude...

067_324__13774216_1502724471_standard.jpg

Agreed mate. Couldn't believe he wore that in an official photo. Do people still wear caps like that? Looks like he should be in a Justin Beaber video!

It's good to see him having a bit of an Indian summer. Whether he has the motivation or legs to go on another season is another matter.

Seems Clarke has got him hungry again. So not put of the question. If he scores another 3 or 4 this month it may all be moot as Rangers will come in to buy him. They need someone younger to replace Kenny Miller.