NFL 2016/17

Lroy

I'm a hipster Patriots fan from before it was cool. Lroy Snr worked for Digital in Ayr and often went to Boston on business. He brought back Patriots presents (and a ghostbusters car once.)

I'd like to see the Panthers do well again. I've got a soft sport for Cam because I had him in my fantasy team a couple of years ago. I like his style.

Chicago Bears for me from 1984, coming out of a bad era but had exciting players like Walter Payton at Running Back, Jim McMahon at QB and William Perry (The Refrigerator) in Defense. Won Super Bowl in 1985. Coached by Mike Ditka, the only Bears player to have won Super Bowl as player and coach. Sadly don't get time to watch as much over the past few seasons but still look out for results. Also have soft spot for Tampa Bucs as been to see them 3 times when in Florida.

Tampa Bay Bucs. Debuted the same year as me. Like me, did little of note 'til the late 90s. Some old Claymores players wound up there to varying degrees of success. (Stecker allocated from TB part of the superbowl team in '03. Rob Hart had 2 pre seson games in '02 before being shown the door. Yo Murphy spent most of his time on special teams in the very late 90s.)

Finsider since Channel 4 started showing the NFL at 6pm on a Sunday night back in the 80s.

Sisters were 49ers fans and my father chose the Houston Oilers (he always loved the underdog).

As to the Fins prospects for the season I have to go with KillieFan27. They will probably flatter to deceive but will be out of the playoff race before the final weekend.

I am off to Wembley for the 3rd year in a row. Last two years I have been lucky enough to see the Fins play (1 win and 1 loss, so better stats than watching Killie). This year we are watching the Redskins (mate is a fan) v Bengals.

If you have not been to one of the games at Wembley I strongly recommend it. As a sporting experience I have not been witness to anything half as good (and I have seen Killie win both Scottish and League Cups). They are lovingly referred to as the "32-shirt games" as it is a good-natured meeting for UK NFL fans of all teams. The entertainment inside and outside the stadium has to be seen to be believed.

Wembley is a great day out, went to see 49's v Broncos in 2010. Haven't been able to go since they are usually during term time. Tried to get Rams/Giants tickets for this year (during holidays) but they were long gone.

Texans/Raiders at the Azteca this year will be a great atmosphere. Best ground I've ever been to.

I sort of look out for the Indianapolis Colts, but only because a dad, from my sons football (soccer) team, comes from there, and he invites us round for "tailgate" bbq's every so often. Personally i think it's a s**t sport but it would be rude not to feign interest. 

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:41 AM, Zorro said:

I sort of look out for the Indianapolis Colts, but only because a dad, from my sons football (soccer) team, comes from there, and he invites us round for "tailgate" bbq's every so often. Personally i think it's a s**t sport but it would be rude not to feign interest. 

Mine was at 8:30.

Not too bad a roster.

Highlights (hopefully) are Cam Newton and Odell Beckham Jr. Even got Tom Brady as back-up QB.

Im a Dolphins fan because I used to get a drink of juice out a Dolphins mug at my Uncle Ronnies house in the 80s.

Watched Bills v Jets in Skydome when I live in Canada, and also went to see the CFL once. the over riding impression I had watching it live was that I wasn't clever enough to watch it. the whole game for me is built on the offence trying to con the defence of its intentions. So after the snap, the rb makes a convincing job of kidding on he is carrying the ball as the qb wheels round and throws it up field. I only knew he had done that when the receiver caught it, my eyes were watching the rb, as was the offences intention. So it felt like I was always watching the wrong thing.

Still, was a decent enough night out.

On 05/09/2016 at 9:08 AM, Sandman396 said:

Mine was at 8:30.

Not too bad a roster.

Highlights (hopefully) are Cam Newton and Odell Beckham Jr. Even got Tom Brady as back-up QB.

How the hell did you get all 3 of them in the same team? My 2 drafts went:

QB  Rodgers
RB  E Lacy
RB  M Jones
RB  L Blount
RB  J Forsett
RB  J White
RB  J McKInnon
WR  J Jones
WR  K Allen
WR  M Wheaton
TE  T Kelce
D  Rams
K  B McManus

QB  A Luck
RB  M Ingram
RB  L Murray
RB  M Gordon
RB  T Hightower
RB  D Johnson
RB  J Langford
WR  A Brown (3rd overall WTF)
WR  D Hopkins
WR  G Tate
TE  C Fleener
TE  E Ebron
D  Jets
K  M Crosby

The 2nd league they've taken a bunch of Ks and Ds on the bench. They don't have a clue. I'm going to mop up the waivers.

• 3 months later...

Fantasy playoff time! 50/50 I'm going to make the semis in my 1st league. Need 23pts from Pats D, Blount and Smith Sr tonight.

I was sitting 2nd or 1st all season in the 2nd league, but I think I'm going to drop to 5th on "Points For" before the play offs. Night mare

Fantasy playoff time! 50/50 I'm going to make the semis in my 1st league. Need 23pts from Pats D, Blount and Smith Sr tonight.

I was sitting 2nd or 1st all season in the 2nd league, but I think I'm going to drop to 5th on "Points For" before the play offs. Night mare

Used to love it when the only coverage was C4's highlights package. Only the Superbowl was shown live, as I recall.

Once Sky started to show live regular season matches, the attraction waned as it registered just how long and dull (to me) the unedited matches are.

I used to like the 49ers of Joe Montana and Jerry Rice era.

I'll try to go to the match at Twickenham next season, if there is one.