What are you listening to?

killiefan27

Realised we didn't have any music threads, so I thought I'd start one.

Like the title says: what are you listening to right now? Can be old or new, just a way for people to share what they're currently enjoying!

I've mainly been listening to 'Painkillers', the first solo album by Brian Fallon of The Gaslight Anthem.

(EDIT: Sorry if the YouTube vid takes up bandwidth, mods, on the old forum it didn't automatically embed on the forum...)

Edited by killiefan27

3 hours ago, Scooter said:

Primal Scream's new tune Where The Light Gets In is pretty good. Looking forward to the new album.

Not what I was expecting, going by the stuff Bobby Gillespie posts on social media. It's got a Some Velvet Morning vibe, mixed in with later New Order releases. I was expecting something a lot less polished. 

11 hours ago, mathematics said:

Last song I listened to was Frank Zappa's "Jesus thinks you're a jerk".

Listened to The Mothers' "Were Only In It For The Money" last week after being recommended. 

I know it was meant to be experimental but it sounded like a Minions rock opera satirising American politics.

Diddle iddle eee, diddle iddle eee!

15 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

Something worth doing, we have a WhatsApp group of best pals and we enriched our lives at the start of the season by starting our WhatsApp group syndicate.  A couple of months ago we further enriched our lives by having a WhatsApp group Spotify playlist.   It's collaborative, the 8 of us all like the same music(ish) and we can all add to the playlist at any time, old, new, classic, never heard before obscure stuff, whatever... It's up about 800 tunes now and nobody has went daft adding too much bollocks.  That's mainly all I listen to the now and have done for weeks, you discover loads of stuff never heard before but trust who's selected it interspersed with stuff you've not heard for ages or your own picks.  Also great for when your all together and whack it on and play guess who picked that tune.   I'd recommend it, a wonderful addition to our lives.  

can we set up a Killiefc.com playlist ''Songs We Enjoy And Then Share''

does one of us just make a playlist on Spotify and post a link? 

hows this?

Edited by bKb

• 1 month later...
On 23 March 2016 at 7:13 PM, seedsy said:

Aye. Its banging. Pleasantly surprised by the new album. Dont think they have released anything that good since XTRMTR

Been a massive fan for years. Not happy with the way he is now allowing his music to be used in a tawdry way for ads, commercials and other promotions. He's very well off already and should not be selling his soul. I will be having a word. 

On 22/03/2016 at 10:55 PM, mathematics said:

Last song I listened to was Frank Zappa's "Jesus thinks you're a jerk".

I saw him play that in 88 at Birmingham. Bunch of guys just behind us had T-Shirts on that spelled out "Swaggerts an Asshole". Frank had a chuckle. The band also played a great version of "Stairway To Heaven".  Just as Frank stepped up to play the big guitar solo he took the cigarette from the head of his guitar stood back & the brass section played the solo.

• 6 months later...