What are you listening to?

killiefan27

9 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Spotify only has his albums from the Warner Bros. catalogue... I think The Gold Experience, along with Chaos And Disorder and The Black Album have contractual obligations to NPG Records too.

rely to heavily on Spotify these days when they dont have something you want to hear you're almost disgusted at the thought of having to buy an album

• 2 weeks later...

All my Record Store Day purchases, Bowie  - Cracked Actor, Gem Promo & No Plan 12", Pink Floyd - Interstellar Overdrive, Springsteen at Hammersmith Odeon 4LP, Frank Zappa Rollo 10", Ocean Colour Scene - Live At The Hydro pic disc, Chemical Brothers 12".

Non Record Store day, The Orb - Live 2016 & Ian at Big Sparra Vinyl introduced me to Psychic Lemon - Psychic Lemon LP.

and yes, I was a teenager in the 70's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since the early 90s i was a fan of Hootie & The Blowfish, saw them at the Armadillo, now the lead singer Darius Rucker is a solo country singer, this is a video of him performing Hootie song "Let Her Cry"

I have been listening to Hooties first album "Cracked Rear View" alot recently

Met him after a show at the 02 in Glasgow 3 years ago, was brand new.  when we had bought the tickets it was about 8 month in advance, then shortly after we found out the Mrs was pregnant so by the time the gig came around she couldn't go.  I was best man at my brother's weddind the day after the gig so he came along with me.  When i told Darius the story he recorded a video message on my phone for the Mrs.

Edited by Sp3ckyh0td0g81

Loved Lucinda up to and including World Without Tears (2003).

Since then, I've bought West, her live album, Little Honey and Blessed and have seen her a couple of times live. The live album aside - which was older material - I didn't like any of them. 

Her voice has become courser, her songwriting cruder, imo. I used to love her guitarist Doug Pettibone but he left the band around the same time.

I've given up on her which is sad because she gave me some great times with her earlier albums and live shows. 

What have you been listening to @DuncanEwart?

Edited by skygod

Just now, Scooter said:

Played this a few times today... pleasantly surprised, this is the Liam we all know and love, ten times the singer Noel will ever be... As you were!

I have listened to this a lot today it's a proper tune 

hope the album has a bit of respectability about it shut Noel up for a wee while 

2 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

I have listened to this a lot today it's a proper tune 

hope the album has a bit of respectability about it shut Noel up for a wee while 

Am just wondering who he's got this time on the actual instruments. He's a lad who needs to be in a band... bet he misses being Oasis.

21 hours ago, skygod said:

Loved Lucinda up to and including World Without Tears (2003).

Since then, I've bought West, her live album, Little Honey and Blessed and have seen her a couple of times live. The live album aside - which was older material - I didn't like any of them. 

Her voice has become courser, her songwriting cruder, imo. I used to love her guitarist Doug Pettibone but he left the band around the same time.

I've given up on her which is sad because she gave me some great times with her earlier albums and live shows. 

What have you been listening to @DuncanEwart?

The Ghosts Of Highway 20, Down Where The Spirit Meets The Bone, and Car Wheels On A Gravel Road @skygod. Going by your recommendation, I'm going to check out her earlier work now. I really love The Ghosts Of Highway 20 and Car Wheels On A Gravel Road. If she plays in Scotland again, I'm definitely going to see her.

The earlier stuff is more Country and her voice more melodic. Great songwriting too.

The two albums before Car Wheels - Lucinda Williams and Sweet Old World - and the one after - Essence - are particularly good, I think. And Car Wheels, of course.

She's in the UK soon - no Scottish date?