...my two bob's worth!

WIGHT and BLUE

Just got back to the Isle of Wight after another break, back in Neilston.

Saw the Dundee away game and Thistle at home - about six months ago I saw the Thistle away game and St.Johnstone home game. Three wins and a draw - perhaps you should adopt me as your lucky(ish) mascot??

However, I have to wonder at the COMPLETE LACK of SELF BELIEF amongst the players on the field and amongst the fans.

Can someone explain it in a few sentences - and not just launch (another) tirade against the mythical MJ..... 

20 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Just got back to the Isle of Wight after another break, back in Neilston.

Saw the Dundee away game and Thistle at home - about six months ago I saw the Thistle away game and St.Johnstone home game. Three wins and a draw - perhaps you should adopt me as your lucky(ish) mascot??

However, I have to wonder at the COMPLETE LACK of SELF BELIEF amongst the players on the field and amongst the fans.

Can someone explain it in a few sentences - and not just launch (another) tirade against the mythical MJ..... 

Perhaps LC is the person to answer your question about lack of self belief amongst the players, it is his job to promote that and get to know each player's individual strengths and weakenesses and work on them. There are around 15 new players to the squad, a large percentage of whom are young and inexperienced, therefore it will take time for them to adapt and by drawing/winning and not losing matches, that alone should build their self belief. 

The fans, some not as patient as others, want the team to win every match and get exasperated by losing silly goals (like we did on Saturday - note annoyance of the goalie at defending in front of him). The team is starting to show signs of gelling together, we are scoring goals and making chances but need to tighten up at the back, only working with each other on the training ground will help.