M.J. The Lawyer.

Charlie's Dad

I've asked on other threads 2 questions that I don't think have been answered(unless I missed them)so here goes :

1. Can M.J.simply be removed as the company lawyer, removing a large chunk of his income ? (I'm led to believe that we account for about 80% of his firms income).

2. Can we not simply remove him as Company Secretary so he's not there daily ? (Or can he not be voted out due to the voting structure).

46 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Doubt it seeing as these things will need a shareholders vote, and BB and him wouldn't vote for it

Don't think this would apply.

I have never known of shareholders being involved in choosing the club lawyers or company secretary, so on that basis I don't see us being consulted about changing them.

When MJ was a one man board he may have agreed a long term deal with J&A Boyd (conflict of interests anyone!). Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

The man himself has said many times he is not a paid member of staff but claims expenses. Why he is not removed from the position of Company Secretary is a mystery only the board can answer.

On 28 September 2016 at 2:53 PM, a1killiefan said:

The man himself has said many times he is not a paid member of staff but claims expenses.

That probably benefits him as he doesn't charge the club a salary for his role as Co Secretary (maybe around £50k) but bills them for his time as a Partner in the firm (i.e. top whack), which on a per hour basis would net his firm (i.e. him) far more.