Team line up face Aberdeen 

Craigieboy

Anybody seeing any sign of a team to be proud of yet?

Back four with three loan players. Another in midfield. Any of them any good - be honest?

Why the hell did Clark sign Kayode who we have yet to see hide or hair of? He's been injured but is he any better than the other three RBs?

Everyone seems to think we need a creative midfielder but Clark seemed to make it clear at the talk-in that he wouldn't be signing some fat guy spraying passes around. Maybe that's what we need.... Do Adams or Green offer anything better?

Edited by skygod

First half I thought we were competing. Not great but in the game. Second we've been all over the place. 

Its long ball football but no one near the target to support. Not one player thinking about the pass just hitting it. Aberdeen players are carrying the ball 20-30yards where I've yet to see a Killie player take it anywhere near ten in possession.

12 minutes ago, Big G said:

At long last people are opening their eyes to our so called manager.  

It's only reasonable to give him a fair chance, especially with so many new players.

It seems like most of his new players are no better than those he got rid of so he has to take responsibility for that. The standard of the league is so indifferent that you would expect an astute manager to make a better fist of it than Clark has so far.

Edited by skygod

I chose not to go today because the Partick game was diabolical plus since the play-off win we've played Albion Rovers, Morton, Motherwell, Rangers and Partick and won none. I don't think it's too much to expect a win or two from that.

Clark's a better manager than Locke IMO but as I said before on here he's snookered himself by getting rid of too many and replacing them with not any better; in fact arguably worse. 

I think Killie will be bottom after the first round of 11 games. I don't imagine they'll need to concern themselves with the play-off this season. 

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

It's only reasonable to give him a fair chance, especially with so many new players.

It seems like most of his new players are no better than what he got rid of so he has to take responsibility for that. The standard of the league is so indifferent that you would expect an astute manager to make a better fist of it than Clark has so far.

Skygod you are 100% correct  the players he has brought in are no better than what  he got rid off and I include McHattie in this

He's needing to address central midfield now. He's managed to pick players for every other position apart from there.

We are far too lightweight and guys like McKenzie should have been launched at the end of the season. With exception of Dicker do we actually have another centre mid??

3 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

I chose not to go today because the Partick game was diabolical plus since the play-off win we've played Albion Rovers, Morton, Motherwell, Rangers and Partick and won none. I don't think it's too much to expect a win or two from that.

Clark's a better manager than Locke IMO but as I said before on here he's snookered himself by getting rid of too many and replacing them with not any better; in fact arguably worse. 

I think Killie will be bottom after the first round of 11 games. I don't imagine they'll need to concern themselves with the play-off this season. 

i don't think he is better than locke

3 minutes ago, Richie242KFC said:

12th straight defeat to Aberdeen?

I can remember when we had a really good win ratio versus Aberdeen....feared no-one and RP was a fortress.......

Changed days.....but days that showed WE CAN compete IF we have the right infrastructure in place (manager, budgets, support)

That was atrocious " football " today. 3G / 4G pitches do not lend themselves to long ball football. Style of play needs changed completely. Agree with above posters , our midfielders must have sore necks watching the ball get pumped over their heads all day. Can I have my £20.00 back please , absolutely honking from Killie today.

42 minutes ago, piffer said:

First half I thought we were competing. Not great but in the game. Second we've been all over the place. 

Its long ball football but no one near the target to support. Not one player thinking about the pass just hitting it. Aberdeen players are carrying the ball 20-30yards where I've yet to see a Killie player take it anywhere near ten in possession.

I thought we were under pressure right from the off and could have been a couple of goals down before that ludicrous penalty. However, you are spot on with the tactics - it is simply get the ball forward as quickly as possible. It is totally ineffective and torturous to watch.

Hardly ever does anyone put their foot on the ball and look for a player and MacDonald kicks long every time. Not once in the games I've seen as he ever played it out to a defender.

We don't play through the midfield and we don't even try to keep the ball on the deck. This is down to Clarke - it's his team and its's his tactics and both are extremely poor. 

In Mixu's first season we were an absolute joy to watch for a few months from October onwards, this season it is brutal route one stuff and we don't even have a big strong team to make it effective. 

I would give him to Christmas but I really can't see anything changing between now and then to be honest. 

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Anybody seeing any sign of a team to be proud of yet?

Back four with three loan players. Another in midfield. Any of them any good - be honest?

Why the hell did Clark sign Kayode who we have yet to see hide or hair of? He's been injured but is he any better than the other three RBs?

Everyone seems to think we need a creative midfielder but Clark seemed to make it clear at the talk-in that he wouldn't be signing some fat guy spraying passes around. Maybe that's what we need.... Do Adams or Green offer anything better?

Someone who can make a pass is exactly what we need. On the strength of today it is certainly not Adams, Green is gone and Smith wasn't even on the bench. 
Extremely irritating as he was, Maddison was miles above our players - why couldn't Clarke get someone like that from his contacts in England? However, looking at our style of football I doubt any manager would send us a young player to develop unless he really needed to practice his heading for 90 minutes.

Horrendous display , baffling changes, no set team pattern ..plus team gave up a game yet again..

clark has signed numerous midfielders since last season......yet none hve so far added any quality .....and we were left in that second half with Dicker who. Is getting worse game by game and McKenzie who .......is not a midfielder ........

32 minutes ago, historyman said:

Maddison was miles above our players - why couldn't Clarke get someone like that from his contacts in England? However, looking at our style of football I doubt

Maddison is a £2m + player sent out for development to a quality club with a good manager.

I'm not surprised English clubs won't loan us quality players with our s**tey plastic pitch when they are banned in the EFL.     

Very disappointing. I’m not usually one to blame results on the ref but that penalty really did change everything today. Really interested to see the highlights.

It’s so important because, for all Aberdeen had the better, we actually did a good job of stopping them from open play. It goes from a game where Aberdeen would have, maybe, been getting frustrated and committing men forward to one where they could sit comfortably back. Didn’t see that result coming at half time.

That said, disappointed by the way the players reacted. Heads went down, everyone tried to kick Madison. It got petty and scrappy when we needed to be focussed. Add to that two bad errors from the corners and we really gifted them that.

Substitutions were wrong. Totally sacrificed the midfield and did so too early – they ran over the top of us after that.

Don’t get McKenzie in the centre at all. Kiltie did well but was trying a bit too hard and burned out.

What has happened to Gary Dicker? The number of times he completely needlessly gave the ball away was unreal. Something needs to change in the middle.

Plenty to work on.