12th September 2015 - Killie thrashed at Tannadice

Harrogate Peter

Things are so grim that maybe an alternative history is the way to go?

What if, instead of getting a lucky win at Tannadice last September, we'd lost 4-2?

If the Hippo at the time was right we had Mixu lined up for a return and instead of him going to Dundee Utd. and not keeping them up he'd have come to us?

We might have done better (Even won the cup replay against Rangers) signed better players and by now be flirting with mid table?

All that whilst trying to play football!!!

I know it's odd wishing away a rare victory but maybe that one was the worst thing that happened?

Mixu and Kenny were the right blend together at the right time with decent youth coming thru and an international class signing. Break any part of that and it does not work evidenced by Mixu since, Kenny since Killie and Alexei since Killie. Know what you mean though I would have taken Mixu back in a heartbeat just in case......

Great idea, it can work only issues I see. 1. we don't win the first ball very often. 2. When we do we even less often with the second 3. When we occasionally win the 2nd ball we then gift it away very quickly.

Other than that it's a brilliant plan !

I'll always support a manager, many here want to bin him, but I don't now see progress. I'm happy for him to get time if he's building something. Even a safe 10th place finish rather than the recent bomb scares would be a start.

We have for a few seasons now we have not been too difficult to score against. Brief flashes of it, Rangers cup last season as an example. Clark needs to get that sorted first. Solid at the back and don't lose many goals is the key to building confidence. Does he know how to do that with the players, many of whom look out of there depth ?

We are better in some ways than under Locke last season but if his points total is less with no obvious plan is he the man?

18 hours ago, IMO said:

Mixu and Kenny were the right blend together at the right time with decent youth coming thru and an international class signing. Break any part of that and it does not work evidenced by Mixu since, Kenny since Killie and Alexei since Killie. Know what you mean though I would have taken Mixu back in a heartbeat just in case......

To be fair to Shiels, he seems to be doing pretty well where he is - maybe Derry City is below his level but they seem to be doing well, they've only lost 5 in 29 league games.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

To be fair to Shiels, he seems to be doing pretty well where he is - maybe Derry City is below his level but they seem to be doing well, they've only lost 5 in 29 league games.

Thanks did not know he was there, always like to look out for ex killie to see how they are doing