Miles Addison & Alex Henshall Sign

Panman

44 minutes ago, LH31 said:

If you do nothing,  nothing will happen. 

They may or may not work out but it's refreshing to see him being proactive instead of telling us that a little bit of hard work is all that's required. 

This!

I heard some management consultant come out with this once and found it a useful guide. I know, management consultants and talking sense are not things most of us would pit together but there you are.

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got."

Or, in other words, if you want something to change then you need to change something. This, "We just need to work harder" does ma heid in and is really just code for, "Don't ask me what's wrong, ah huvnae got a scoobie."  

OK..maybe i didn't really convey what i was trying to say. All i was trying to say was at least LC isn't giving out stupid contracts to people before they've proved their worth whilst still keeping an eye on others who might be available at the close season. He is trying to fix a problem that he inherited whereas GL created the problem from the last season to this season on the back of sitting on his fat arse picking up the phone and asking if someone fancied a joab. I am quite sure that LC is not in the same mould and does have a bit more of a "pedigree" in transfer dealings and looking for players. He has already impressed me with his attitude alone. He gives a fair reflection of the game and highlights what is needed. As opposed to saying " It's not good enough" "It was a hard one to take",or "We need to try harder" No s**t Sherlock...I could say that FFS and I'm no GL. Anyway, I hope the 2 new lads can help us out. Likewise for Faubert. Positivity is what we need...not gloom and doom.

14 hours ago, MrTumnus said:

He has done exactly the same as Jeffries, Johnston and Locke got pelters for - signing players from a previous club that are not good enough for that club.

Hope they do a job but it is a massive gamble bringing in mediocre players (going by their lack of club) to bolster a mediocre squad - another charge laid at our previous managers.

Addison was good enough, it was simply the fact Peterborough couldn't afford his wages.  Henshall will be a gamble but it wont take much to produce a better end product than Tope.

Kilmarnock manager Lee Clark hopes to have added "power and pace" to his relegation-threatened squad by securing Miles Addison and Alex Henshall.Defender Addison and winger Henshall, who played under Clark at Blackpool, have signed until the summer.

"We were looking to bring power and pace into the group," said Clark."They are not going to be coming in and fully fit and ready to play 95 minutes straight off. But that's the problem we are dealing with."

The 27-year-old Addison has only made three appearances this season during a short-term spell with Peterborough United.And 22-year-old Henshall was released in January by Ipswich Town after failing to make an appearance this term.

Clark hopes the pair can quickly gain fitness, citing recent signing Julien Faubert as an example."Miles Addison obviously brings power at 6ft 3in, a very strong, physical centre-half or defensive midfield player," he said.

"We were running short on defenders with David Syme, Mark Connolly and Stevie Smith being out for the season."And Alex is more slight in his frame, but he is very, very quick and we are hoping he can make an impact for us at the other end."

11 minutes ago, LH31 said:

Does that mean Hamil and Robinson are away seeing as the recent signings have inherited their squad numbers?

From what we understand, yes. Allan Johnston (of all people) was quoted as saying Robinson had been released when he took him on trial but there's nothing official on either of them (or Barbour going to Kirkintilloch Rob Roy) from the club. I think Hamill was working with the Under-20s so he may still be at the club in some capacity until he gets a playing gig elsewhere but that's just conjecture.

3 hours ago, Mcilroy56 said:

Yeah and if they are crap we would be no better off 

At least we would have had a few weeks of relative excitement as we waited to pass judgement. 

Part of me still thinks that Moburg Karlsson was a good signing for the one week of groundless optimism it gave me.

The time for showboat, meaningless signings is rapidly disappearing over the horizon into the past.

Time is fast running out for LC to demonstrate he has actually got something to offer. Maybe not even avoiding the  drop but something beyond a handful of ins and outs and signings of guys no-body has ever heard of and doing a better interview than GL.

If we do go down he is going to have to do more than talk a good game to stop the rot.

When AJ and Locke brought in players it was guys we had heard of before and it did nothing to 'excite' the fans .... Clark has at least went for players who we didn't know anything about except maybe that Faubert was linked with Rangers a few years ago.

In the past two regimes every player has been met with cries of 'he's shyte' , 'no better than we already have', 'it's the old pals act' etc..... we can't say that at the moment cos none of us have really seen Clark's signings play before so the guys have got a clean slate for 2-3 weeks ....... or 2-3 misplaced passes before the usual trumpets start on them!

28 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

The time for showboat, meaningless signings is rapidly disappearing over the horizon into the past.

Time is fast running out for LC to demonstrate he has actually got something to offer. Maybe not even avoiding the  drop but something beyond a handful of ins and outs and signings of guys no-body has ever heard of and doing a better interview than GL.

If we do go down he is going to have to do more than talk a good game to stop the rot.

I can't imagine I'm alone in saying that, despite results against very difficult opposition, I've noticed many marked improvements under LC. Mostly defensively. We look much more organised, tighter at the back and generally harder to break down. If we had any sort of attacker in the side we could have picked up points. He has identified the problem that we could see but GL couldn't, we had no midfield and were being completely overrun every game. He's identified, and in some cases released, the underperformers. He's bringing in replacements to try and improve our situation. I really don't know what you were expecting him to do as it was an impossibility to come in and transform the s**te that we had into a team who could win games at this level.

The suspicion about GL's Jambo signings - McHattie, Robinson, Carrick - was that he was doing them more of a favour than us, due to his relationship with them. In those circumstances, the players had to be outstanding to avoid such accusations and they weren't.

The same can't be said of Clark so far: Henshall says he hadn't heard from him since his loan at Blackpool ended over a year ago.  

There's a difference between signing players you've worked with in the past and signing your mates.

Even if the new signings are rubbish that will be a marked improvement on Locke's majority of woeful signings.

No doubt about it for me that LC has already improved the style & shape of the team, he's played the top 3 in his first 4 games, as far as I'm concerned his season starts now.

Hopefully the new lads will do well  

6 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

Even if the new signings are rubbish that will be a marked improvement on Locke's majority of woeful signings.

No doubt about it for me that LC has already improved the style & shape of the team, he's played the top 3 in his first 4 games, as far as I'm concerned his season starts now.

Hopefully the new lads will do well  

Hopefully the new lads will do well. I can't say I see a marked improvement in the style and shape of the team. The game against Ross County was as bad as anything Locke inflicted upon us, the only difference was that County weren't as clinical as they were in the 4-0 game. 

The team were unlucky against Celtic but equally Locke managed to get results against Celtic and Hearts. As you rightly say the season starts now, we have to start taking points off the bottom six teams. This weekend could prove vital for ourselves and United.