Michael Johnston faces showdown board meeting

undefined

3 hours ago, virtuocity said:

Yes, as has been said, and it's quite obvious:

1.  If he sells before 2019, the bank will reclaim a huge percentage (or perhaps all) of the proceeds.
2.  He is representing Moffat- he is looking for a return on investment.  If MJ gets nothing, he gets nothing.

The newspaper article suggests that he has turned down a financial windfall to walk away, which i'm not sure is true.

In terms of any deal with the bank or Moffatt, none of this is obvious as none of us know any of the details. Unless you've got information that i'm not aware of.

Edited by fraz65

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Daily Record giving MJ right of reply tomorrow. 

We're the bad guys, he's good. According to MJ. 

MJ taking about/interacting with Killie fans/directors/sponsors/employees reminds me of the old adage that if you meet an arsehole in the morning, they're probably just an arsehole, you keep meeting arseholes all day, you might just be the arsehole. Michael, you are that arsehole, mate.

14 hours ago, historyman said:

Contrast this situation to what's happened at Motherwell. 
Unlike our beloved Michael Les Hutchison is clearly a fan who does care about the club he supports.  

Les Hutchison is a rangers fan who was bron and brought up in Motherwell, thats why he invested.

11 minutes ago, skygod said:

Michael Johnston admits he would consider his position on the Kilmarnock board if proper procedures are met when making offers for his 40% shareholding. (Daily Record)

(BBC)

Can't see the full article online.

Reading the article won't make a difference - Tricky Micky will never have an offer that meets proper procedures until it suits him.

If MJ really wanted to go, he could have accepted the £1.9m offer in principal, subject to the usual legal paperwork.

The fact that he hasn't clearly indicates that he has no intention of leaving.

It's time for QTS to say that they will definitely withdraw their sponsorship if he stays.

If they do, perhaps KFCSA could start organising a season ticket boycott for next season and/or an immediate hotel boycott (if legal).

Together the above might force Billy Bowie into action as he will be the main loser financially, whether he continues to fund the club or allows it to go into administration.

Edited by Dennykillie

Had a read at the article in today's paper. It's just the usual MJ pish talk we've read every time his backs to the wall. Debt restructure, staved off admin, got rid of £13million debt, two cup finals and a cup win, top flight status. Despite the fact it's a statement from QTS he barely acknowledges it and the potential harm it could do the club. He tries to bring the other directors into things and constantly states he's not the bad guy. There is no mention of him missing games, not being able to support the team, his love for the club, desire for the club to do well. Probably because they don't exist.

He talks about going down the proper channels to make a deal happen. This is where he may be coming unstuck. There is no mention of him being tied to the club until 2019 in today's article. No mention of any financial liability on the club if he goes before then. These are both arguments he's used in his defence recently. 

The biggest thing I got from the short article was MJs greed. Through all the bulls**t he's basically saying make me an unbelievable offer. Now IMO and almost everyone else's the £1.9million is that but he's holding out for something even more special.

Nothing new, just usual MJ spin.

21 minutes ago, Dennykillie said:

If they do, perhaps KFCSA could start organising a season ticket boycott for next season and/or an immediate hotel boycott (if legal).

Boycotting season tickets and the hotel is perfectly legal. They have no right to anyone's cash.

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

Had a read at the article in today's paper. It's just the usual MJ pish talk we've read every time his backs to the wall. Debt restructure, staved off admin, got rid of £13million debt, two cup finals and a cup win, top flight status. Despite the fact it's a statement from QTS he barely acknowledges it and the potential harm it could do the club. He tries to bring the other directors into things and constantly states he's not the bad guy. There is no mention of him missing games, not being able to support the team, his love for the club, desire for the club to do well. Probably because they don't exist.

He talks about going down the proper channels to make a deal happen. This is where he may be coming unstuck. There is no mention of him being tied to the club until 2019 in today's article. No mention of any financial liability on the club if he goes before then. These are both arguments he's used in his defence recently. 

The biggest thing I got from the short article was MJs greed. Through all the bulls**t he's basically saying make me an unbelievable offer. Now IMO and almost everyone else's the £1.9million is that but he's holding out for something even more special.

Agree totally puffer. What a load of bulls**t in the record the man must be on medication , what a dilusional man.

MICHAEL JOHNSTON has admitted he would consider his position at Kilmarnock – but only if proper procedures are met when making offers for his shares.

The Rugby Park company secretary insisted he is no “villain” and hit back 

at personal criticism by insisting he would never harm the club.

Johnston spoke to Record Sport after emerging from a five hour board meeting to outline his position.

Turmoil enveloped Killie this term when main-sponsor QTS hinted they would consider pulling their backing unless he left the club.

Johnston has also been in the firing line of local businessmen who insist his position within the club is preventing large sums of money being invested.

But when given his right to reply last night, the former club chairman took it.

Johnston said: “In football and any business, everything is for sale.

“I would consider my position if somebody wanted to buy my shares but nobody wants to buy my shares.

“These things start with talking and then it moves to a more formal written proposal. That hasn’t happened.

“I know there is a lot of inaccurate material being put into the public domain. There is no offer of investment in any formal sense and, likewise, no formal legal offer to buy my shares.

“I’ve had talks with people – but nobody has made an offer capable of acceptance to buy my shares. That has happened a number of times over the years.

“I have talked to people and I have given them financial information.

“They speak about buying shares, either by way of new share capital in the company or buying my shares, but nothing of a formal nature comes out of it.

“It’s not unusual but it has been reported that I was made an offer of a large sum of money. There has been no such offer. Those are the two major issues.

“The question of me blocking new investment – and that is not true because there is no formal offer – and me turning down a substantial sum of money for my shares which is not true because there isn’t an offer of any formal or legal nature.”

On the sponsorship position, Johnston said: “QTS have been fantastic sponsors and have assured me they will remain as sponsors until at least the end of the season.

“Hopefully, we can advance discussions with that and QTS will remain in place.”

And Johnston also defended himself against accusations that he is damaging the club.

He said: “It’s extremely disappointing when you have invested 14 years in running the football club, during which time I eliminated £13million worth of debt that I inherited in 2005.

“I’m struggling to see where I personally have let the club down.

“I was able to get the debt-restructuring deal across the line in March 2014. We then put in place a proper board of directors. It was four, then five, now three.

“We’ve had a board of directors running the company since March 2014, not me on my own. The notion which is being put about that I’m running the show and making decisions to advance some agenda is untrue and unfounded.

“It’s disappointing but I’ve learned to deal with it as opposed to getting involved in slanging matches.

“I don’t want to do anything to harm the club. I got involved in 2005 because the alternative was the club going into administration which may have led to liquidation.

“So I saw the possibility of saving the club and that’s what I did. My objective was to eliminate the debt, keep the club in the top division and look after the employees.

'Dictators are rulers who always look good until the last ten minutes.'
- Jan Masaryk
Michael you have ten minutes to collect your coat and leave the building. It is our club and not your club and we (the fans), community, and club need to commence a new chapter for our club. We, the fans, will still be there when you are gone and you have exceeded your stay, your position, and abused your power for self interest. No one is bigger than our club and your 'untouchable' self preservation is your downfall. Close the door on the way out and leave the turnstiles open so that we can return to our club to support our team in our community for our future.