The Rangers Match Thread - 29/10/16

Lroy

Next week was always going to be the bigger fixture for us. Can't help but think this is a chance missed though. They've outspent most clubs in the country but they ain't a good side and are vulnerable. I've seen none of the game but from what I've heard/read we are being punished by pace again. 

It is a bit of a let down but difficult to play with the same levels of energy and intensity twice in 4 days,midweek game must have taken a lot out of them to be fair.Frustrating from the point of view that Sevco have drawn with Accies,County at home and only beaten Well with a last minute goal so far,to lose comfortably.Expected to lose this one albeit narrowly.

As suggested vital to get back on track next week in a game we should be looking to win before another ,2 week break.

3 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

It's been a good week getting 3pts from 6. I'd have bitten your hand off for 2pts before Tuesday. 

Think your bang on here. It's been a decent four games since Aberdeen. We were worried we'd get nothing and we've grabbed two great wins and a good draw from these fixtures. Today was disappointing but we dust ourselves off and go again next week.

6 minutes ago, piffer said:

Think your bang on here. It's been a decent four games since Aberdeen. We were worried we'd get nothing and we've grabbed two great wins and a good draw from these fixtures. Today was disappointing but we dust ourselves off and go again next week.

Absolutely right. 7 points from those 4 games was more than anyone expected after the shambles against Aberdeen.  I don't think we will be consistent enough for top six but we have shown enough in recent weeks to suggest that we are not automatic relegation material.

ICT are doing better than expected and County and Dundee worse but there is not a lot between most of the teams in the league. A few good results and a bit of confidence and the things can change very quickly, that's happened for Partick and County in recent weeks. A win next week would out us in a decent position before the break.

Very disappointing. A real slog to sit through – especially there. Tested my 'always stay to the end' rule.

I think Warburton did his homework. Hearts got success when the pushed they got the centre backs bringing the ball out into midfield. Rangers did the same. Their movement was also excellent and exposed our pressing game.

Also noticed that when we got the ball Rangers just stepped back and let us have it. That formation works great for counter attacking football but we looked lost when given time at the back today.

As always seems to be the case, we just looked bewildered by the occasion there.

Hopefully the team and Clark take it as a lesson and adapt.

I think playing as we did against Hearts and St Johnstone will work well in other games. We have to stick to the plan but just execute it better.