If MJ is still here at the turn of the year....

Squirrelhumper

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I think this has to be a big factor. An awful lot of people won't have spare cash to throw around. Therefore name, address and current seaon ticket number may have to be enough for them ( or all current season ticket holders). This will ensure its validity when forwarded to BB and/or JK. I would suggest an individual pledge form be available online to print off and sign with these details too make sure nothing is questioned. 

Completely agree.  It would be great if we could set up a kickstarter account (or equivalent) where monetary pledges could be solidified, but people just don't have the cash to chuck in- many people need to save up for their ST, or even pay monthly, so whilst it offers MJ a little 'internet bampot' argument clause, there's absolutely no way round it.

So that leaves this option:

1.  This site hosts a pledge word document, then sets up a dedicated email address where people can send their attached completed document (with name, address, number/type of ST pledges) 

2.  We make a big effort to get as many of these documents returned as possible and use this community to promote to non site users (family and friends) to get those who aren't on here every day informed and on board.

3.  We push until, say, the New Year and launch a "New Year, New Killie" campaign.  We print off every document in A4 (do we have any forum users who run a local, brilliant printing firm?!?!), grab David Wren or similar press worker, and we gather a group of supporters before a match to march on to Rugby Park to hand deliver the pledges to a board member.  

It's really not that hard to do and, to be honest, it would have sounded like a silly idea to me if someone else had suggested it months ago.  However, it's amazing to see media articles making reference to the online petition that was launched a couple of weeks ago.  This very simple act is giving journos something extra to add to their stories in relation to off-the-field turmoil at the club.  

I can only imagine that a very simple-to-organise, mass protest that can be done using a smartphone or laptop which goes as far to threaten the club financially (and remember, the press love a "Killie under threat of liquidation/adminstration" story) would have an even greater impact.  

Let's get it done.

Lapsed supporter for last 5/6 years. Genuinely would be willing to pledge into a fund for my son and I.

Really need the club to climb out the doldrums. I don't think every decision MJ has made has been bad but his time was up years ago.....we've just drifted into the abyss under his leadership.

Lapsed ST holder for Frank Beattie Stand for the past 2 years, though still attend the odd match (none so far this season) I would renew if he goes.  Are the Directors not meeting again tomorrow. Could the figures re this post not be passed to Bowie or someone else to highlight the strength of feeling.

Would it be an option for Trust members to get their board to launch the fund raising initiative (Trust in Killie?) right now with the addendum that the money be accumulated and kept as a war chest until MJ goes, instead of putting it into the club right away? I know they wouldn't then get support from the club in running the scheme if they do it that way but in this case would it really matter? If we did this we could start paying in a fiver a week or a fiver a month or whatever and there is real cash to show for it. Not only that they could continue it after he goes which was going to happen anyway and the drive towards fan ownership is already underway with a major victory under the belt to start with! I'd be much happier if this financial protest was being run through an official organisation and not via forums, and the trust is audited etc. every year so the money collected would be well accounted for and building towards something positive. Failing that I'd rather put the whole amount in straight away, I know everyone can't afford that but we can all see the pledge thing never materialising despite any efforts to validate it. Remember the new stadium debenture and how few actual fans stumped up for it in the end.

A yes from me as well (2 tickets).Overall feel it is absolutely the right move,but we may need around 1000 pledges (from roughly 2-2,500 current ST holders).With the right publicity that is certainly achieveable,and this is definitely the right time to get the ball rolling.

Fear admin before the end of the season the longer he holds on,but the ST pledge ramps up the pressure on Bowie,with the effect on funds.

I'm in. Won't renew season or my mates boys until he's gone (this should include the hotel returning to club ownership BTW, but I guess that'll have to wait ....).

Like the idea of getting signed pledges copied and printed as a statement of protest.

Keep turning the screw folks, we'll get there......

Good on ye SH for starting this off, leadership is needed here.

PS, still think the Grand Hall idea would be the right thing to do and would most certainly compliment this idea.....could gather signatures on the night on the way in or oot....

22 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

....would you commit to withdrawing season ticket funds until he is no longer in place?

If a holding account could be put in place, would you be willing to commit next years season ticket money until there is change at the club?

I'll start - i'll commit.

Edited to add, this can include sponsorship also. I'll add a shirt sponsor from the 20/20 bus. (did one last year, withheld this year)

I haven't had a ST for years but would put money in if it meant that the parasite left.