Neilson

gdevoy

59 minutes ago, skygod said:

Great post, Kilieboy!

Boyd's comments were simply rude and, coming from someone who hasn't himself managed "highly-charged players", whatever they are, is a bit rich.

He's an embarrassment to himself, the way he's chasing the Mr Controversial tag. I don't think players should be writing this crap while they are still playing.

I wonder if MJ will try and gag him like he tried with Shiels!

He's trying to be like Sutton except as much as i disliked him as a player, Sutton is a much, much better pundit for the exact opposite reason Body isn't. Sutton isn't scared to rock the boat with the Scottish Media Clique.

Don't understand a lot of the criticisms of Cathro. He came across very well today in the press conference and even managed to take a wee (well deserved) shot at Boyds comments regarding his usage of his laptop and technology to aid his coaching. He seemed confident and determined to be a success, yet not arrogant. 

It always confuses me when people in Scotland, especially the media, like to have a go at the Cathros of the world for being young and 'risky' yet accept and continually praise people like Paul Hartley and Richie Foran (not that I have anything against either, just fitting examples) all because they have past playing experience. 

44 minutes ago, ChrissyRoss said:

I have read Boyd's article and it's awful. It's not doing him any favours.

Austin MacPhee however does know his stuff. That is a very good appointment and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he takes charge after Cathro monumentally f**ks it up through s**tehawk peddling in the media.

To be fair , his journalism is miles ahead of his play these days . 

It certainly sounded like Jamie Fullarton's nose was seriously out of joint on Sportsound. He obviously feels he is the young innovative coach that teams should be chasing. Tom English contradicted him on all of his anti-Cathro points and he didn't like it. I hope he does get a job soon to keep him off the radio-they let him do a coaching analysis of the Aberdeen v Rangers game earlier in the season and it has to be the most boring 5 minutes I have ever ever listened to. To be fair to Michael Stewart he was a bit more enthusiastic about the appointment in his column in the paper on Monday.

Willie Miller tried his best to have a right shot at Cathro on BBC last night and Scott McDonald & Tom English weren't having any of it, because Cathro was quoted as saying "i don't do limits" or words to that effect, So the bold Miller took this as Cathro meaning they would win the league ?? and went on to claim all Hearts fans would be expecting a title, McDonald & English weren't long with him to be fair asking "what would you like him to say Willie ? i tell you what im hoping to get 3rd place in the league and a nice wee cup run" Miller is an auld arse and sounded awfy bitter, he had a serious problem with Cathro 

I think Cathro is a great coach and should have been the man to revitalise youth football in Scotland, but I don't know if he will be able to cut it as a manager. Hearts are probably going to lose some of their best players in January so it will be interesting to see how he gets on. Nothing to lose for him because he is always going to get offered a coaching job if it doesn't work out at Hearts.

On 06/12/2016 at 2:13 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Is that the Jamie Fullerton that snapped his knee in front of us at Tannadice? Sure it wasn't his brain that snapped in half that night?

I think it is the same guy 

He broke and dislocated his ankle in a challenge with Fowler.  If the physios hadn't reacted so quickly he could've lost his foot.

You can hear his scream on the footage of the game ...  gies ye the shivers.

Liked Austin MacPhee's story this morning about the Portugeuse player who scored the first goal for St.Mirren in the League Cup semi against Celtic, the year St Mirren lifted the trophy. Ian Cathro was assistant manager of his team in Portugal and told Macphee the guy was a good player but a real bevvy merchant so basically don't leave him on his own or he will go off the rails. Macphee stayed in the same hotel as the player and took him everywhere with him, even to his parents wedding anniversary party. Maybe Killie could have used this tactic with Jimmy McGuire!!

11 hours ago, DuncanEwart said:

Liked Austin MacPhee's story this morning about the Portugeuse player who scored the first goal for St.Mirren in the League Cup semi against Celtic, the year St Mirren lifted the trophy. Ian Cathro was assistant manager of his team in Portugal and told Macphee the guy was a good player but a real bevvy merchant so basically don't leave him on his own or he will go off the rails. Macphee stayed in the same hotel as the player and took him everywhere with him, even to his parents wedding anniversary party. Maybe Killie could have used this tactic with Jimmy McGuire!!

and Colin McKee 

• 1 year later...