January transfer 2017 (in/out)

Craigieboy

I don't know why but I have a feeling Clark has one more signing in him this season. 

Personally I think we've come out of the window a bit stronger. Coulibaly a loss but it all was dead wood that went with him. The likes of Longstaff have already contributed more than Adams and Green. We have options up front. Whether they get the goals remains to be seen.

25 minutes ago, piffer said:

I don't know why but I have a feeling Clark has one more signing in him this season. 

Personally I think we've come out of the window a bit stronger. Coulibaly a loss but it all was dead wood that went with him. The likes of Longstaff have already contributed more than Adams and Green. We have options up front. Whether they get the goals remains to be seen.

Would be happy if we signed Paul Caddis until the end of the season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38831203

[snip]  ... 

Clark brought in seven new players last month, six of whom are on loan.

He acknowledged that may mean another summer rebuild job but said financial limits prevented a longer-term outlook.

"It's not ideal but I have to get the best players I possibly can within those constraints," he said.

"We couldn't have touched four of their salaries that they're earning elsewhere.

"So it's us having the relationships and the contacts with those clubs to get the deals when they do become affordable to us."

[/snip]

Interesting perspective from LC.  You cannae make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  

Edited by Teethgrinder

Never doubted LC's honesty (sometimes his sanity and even more often his judgement) so what he's saying about his budget has to be believed.

If, as suggested, many of these lads we have on loan are on the cheap it appears that we can't even fund a full team which is really scary.

Elsewhere the various 'one off' sources of income are listed but they appear to be earmarked to cover on going day to day losses.

Obviously we can't go on like this even if we can keep Premier status and it makes throwing away the potential cup runs even more stupid!

Here's a couple of the losers in The Scotsman's review of transfer window winners and losers:

Gary Locke’s contacts book

Remember when Locke was manager of Kilmarnock and his transfer policy seemed to be limited to signing players he already knew? Well, now that he’s in charge of Raith Rovers he’s decided to double-down on this strategy.

Rovers fans have been tearing their hair out ever since the words “Ryan Stevenson signs for Raith” appeared on the second day of January. The midfielder’s form has dropped off a cliff in the last 18 months as he struggled to get a game for Ayr United and then Dumbarton before signing at Stark’s Park. Seeing as both of those clubs are part-time, and one played in a division below when the tattooed attacker was there, it’s fair to say the Kirkcaldy faithful did not share Locke’s confidence in the player. They then went from incredulous to apoplectic when young fans’ favourite Lewis Vaughan was sent out on loan to make-way for the new addition.

Thus far the Stevenson signing has not worked out and aside from looking good in the Scottish Cup double-header against Hearts, ironically enough, Raith have been terrible recently, adding to the growing discontent in the background. This swell of disapproval was not helped by the club allowing young defender David Bates to join Rangers on a permanent deal, which, it later transpired, was done without demanding a fee from the Ibrox side.

Research involving the Kilmarnock first-team

Humble analysts were just getting to grips with the massive influx of new faces in the summer, which was made doubly tough by so many of them playing once or twice and then disappearing into the ether. So what does Lee Clark and the club do? They go out and repeat this scatter-gun signing policy during the January window.

Seven new players arrived, five of whom came from England, with a further five exiting the club, including the most recognisable of the summer additions, top scorer Souleymane Coulibaly. We’ll just be getting to grips with the strengths and weaknesses of Karleigh Osborne, Josh Umerah and Freddie Woodman before the summer will arrive once more.

That being said, Kristoffer Ajer looks pretty good.