KFCSA Press Release

KillieFC

I have been a season ticket holder since I stopped playing amateur football thirty years ago. I will not renew if Michael Johnston is still on the board next season but will buy two if he has resigned. How I use the second ticket is still to be decided but may well involve a donation to a deserving Killie supporter.

Sorry to be blunt - but 'we' the fans / shareholders criticise the club for making a dogs dinner of running 'our' club.

i do appreciate that a lot of fantasticly intentioned fans have put in a lot of work to either force an EGM, arrange boycotts or arrange an escrow account - but with all these valiant attempts resulting in failure I am sorry that it appears ( on this front) the fans are unable to organise a piss up in a brewery. [i 100% do not criticise anyone for trying their best & take some blame as I know that I have not made an effort to help]

the bottom line is without a strong, financially sound front to a campaign the 'fans' will always struggle to make a positive impact when faced with an unwilling seller.

Michael Johnston wants his pound of flesh or at least his handsome income + the full value of his shares. This weeks transfer has considerably strengthened his hand. 

I do think that with holding  Season ticket sales is a good lever - and the only way we could possibly force change - perhaps there are many difficulties in setting this up, but where there is a will there is always a way.   If as a fellow killie fan and 'friend' you lend me £300 I can promise you that I'll put it in a safe bank account and return this to you when you request it. If 1000 people do this we will have £300,000 but remember the club have just pocketed nearly 3 times that in  one lucky dip.

For the record - I've boycotted the hotel since the initial re structure carve up

for the 1st time in 20 years I haven't bought a season ticket and at present do not intend to buy one next season.

i hope those in the trust and/ or KFCSA can find a positive proposal that we can support as a matter of urgency.

Just seems like a bit of a paper pushing exercise to me, but I dare say it has to be done of the KFCSA want to be able to say they have a mandate to push this. Push what though? There is no clear proposal as far as I can see, maybe if they'd have put some meat to the bones it would have been a bit clearer, but under the circumstances I am not faulting anyone for effort. Al#1 seems to think this is all about the money, I don't see that at all, I know I'm not very close to this but from what I read the money is irrelevant, especially now with the Coulibaly transfer. A season ticket boycott is bad news for the club, it may not hurt us financially but it is against every thing that the club exists for, if the fans are so up in arms that they refuse to buy season tickets then the directors fiduciary duty is to sort it out, without fans the club is nothing, it does not exist. Whatever reason MJ gives to stay on the board he cannot argue with a season ticket boycott, and if the others directors fail to act then they could be taken to court by other share holders or face penalties or fines for dereliction of duty. Kilmarnock FC is not and should not be a plaything for these guys, nor should it be a money making concern for their financial well being. Maybe the lack of money up front will affect our planning for next season, but with any luck it would be over by then, then again who the hell believes that we actually do any planning given the pile of s**t we face year upon year?

Some extra info (thanks Baz) that helps shine more light on to the KFCSA proposals:

For the avoidance of doubt. The KFCSA are not proposing a boycott of Killie games. They are not proposing that anyone stops watching the team. They are not proposing that anyone stops going to games. They are not proposing that we stop putting money into the club, quite the opposite.

They are proposing that we don't buy season tickets as a protest against the way the club is being run into the ground and to give the other directors a legitimate mandate to remove Johnston from the board, despite his insistence that he is doing a great job. It's quite simple really.

It's a matter of timing, determination and how far you are willing to go to do the right thing instead of the easy thing.

I feel as though we are at the time where a full on boycott is put forward by the KFCSA, what is the alternative? (I will sign this form along with any others that come forward and happy to do so) however I feel as though these will only get us so far.

A statement from all fan groups saying a season ticket boycott will take place next season unless MJ is removed from the club.

3 hours ago, bigkillieman said:

Some extra info (thanks Baz) that helps shine more light on to the KFCSA proposals:

For the avoidance of doubt. The KFCSA are not proposing a boycott of Killie games. They are not proposing that anyone stops watching the team. They are not proposing that anyone stops going to games. They are not proposing that we stop putting money into the club, quite the opposite.

They are proposing that we don't buy season tickets as a protest against the way the club is being run into the ground and to give the other directors a legitimate mandate to remove Johnston from the board, despite his insistence that he is doing a great job. It's quite simple really.

It's a matter of timing, determination and how far you are willing to go to do the right thing instead of the easy thing.

Sorry, but if that's what is being proposed then I think the initiative is pretty pointless. All it is saying to the club is you wont get our money in a lump sum in June, instead you will get it drip fed to you over the course of the season.
Yes, that is a disadvantage for the club but it is not the strong bargaining chip that a full boycott would bring.  

I do not have a season ticket, mainly due to where I live (Dunblane) and other commitments which make it uneconomic.

This season I have been to one home game, Partick. Normally, I would be at 10ish home games in a season.

Since then, I have made a personal decision not to knowingly spend my money with any company where Michael Johnston will benefit. So, while he is there, I will not be at RP or at any cup game: I will continue to attend some away games.

When Johnston goes, I will go back to attending 10ish home games and cup games.

I am sure that there are other non-ST holders with similar views to myself. 

Can we also consider gathering some info from them, if possible?

Best of luck with this ST initiative: I hope that it is a success.

8 minutes ago, historyman said:

Sorry, but if that's what is being proposed then I think the initiative is pretty pointless. All it is saying to the club is you wont get our money in a lump sum in June, instead you will get it drip fed to you over the course of the season.
Yes, that is a disadvantage for the club but it is not the strong bargaining chip that a full boycott would bring.  

Why is it pointless? The club would have NO real income over the summer months. Fitness centre, Sports bar( do we still own it?) and merchandise will be only revenue streams and they certainly wouldn't have enough to keep the players wages going. 

Season ticket money is life blood of the club. Without it and without investment the club would be in dangerous situation. 

It's been said before but there'll be people out there with kids who will be desperate to go to games every week. Are you going to tell them they can't go? This way you can still go to games and participate in the boycott.

9 minutes ago, historyman said:

I don't think its pointless. A full on boycott will never work. You will not get the support which will render it a failure. I was in favour of Cardinal Spin's idea on the other thread, fill in application forms for season tickets and collect them in, but don't hand them over to the club unless MJ is removed from the board. That way we can commit to buying a season ticket without having someone put in the position of having to hold the money, which from what I read is a problem in itself. Everyone could support that without withdrawing their support for the team. It is cast iron proof that MJ's continued presence is detrimental to the future of the club and he should be removed as soon as possible from his position on the board. What Big Tam is saying is right, it is the other directors (and the scumbags) fiduciary duty to do what is best for the club and if a large percentage of fans are refusing to commit to season tickets just because MJ is on the board then they could face legal action if they fail to react. I take it this is what the 'board' were referring to when they said they needed "more" in the press release, they are basically asking us to do this!

Maybe a little more clarity is needed here.

What the KFCSA is asking 'for this part of the campaign' is:

If you are currently a ST holder will you refrain from buying a new ST next season if MJ remains?

If you are not a ST holder, will you purchase an ST if MJ is no longer involved in running the club?      .....or words similar to that.

Once the information is collated the next part of the campaign can be actioned re ST application forms.

I'm unsure as to what the problem is regarding a simple account set up to hold money. 

If I set up an account at my local branch of Santander what prevents a lot of people making a decision to pay £300 each into that account? 

My wife pays money each month into an account set up with her pals to pay for a spa weekend each year. What's the difference? The principle is exactly the same.  

The only risk I can see is that the account holder legs it with the money but as I've said before I would fully trust the KFCSA or the Trust. 

I also believe people need to agree not to attend matches until he is gone otherwise the club will just limp along while blaming the fans for the lack of any signings in the summer.  

1 hour ago, Culley159 said:

I don't think its pointless. A full on boycott will never work. You will not get the support which will render it a failure. I was in favour of Cardinal Spin's idea on the other thread, fill in application forms for season tickets and collect them in, but don't hand them over to the club unless MJ is removed from the board. That way we can commit to buying a season ticket without having someone put in the position of having to hold the money, which from what I read is a problem in itself. Everyone could support that without withdrawing their support for the team. It is cast iron proof that MJ's continued presence is detrimental to the future of the club and he should be removed as soon as possible from his position on the board. What Big Tam is saying is right, it is the other directors (and the scumbags) fiduciary duty to do what is best for the club and if a large percentage of fans are refusing to commit to season tickets just because MJ is on the board then they could face legal action if they fail to react. I take it this is what the 'board' were referring to when they said they needed "more" in the press release, they are basically asking us to do this!

A full on boycott will never work but you think this will? Im sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me. 

As for the cast iron proof that MJ's continued presence is detrimental to the club I would have thought the petition delivered to his fellow smiling directors in December would have achieved that aim but it has been met with a resounding silence. 

My two cents, but to me anything other than a properly organised campaign with a defined and realisable goal is worth pursuing. The boycott-lite approach I think just harms the club without helping it long term. 

If we stay up we will be in a league with the old firm money, the Coulibaly money and increased revenue from Hibs and very possibly Dundee united. The net effect of that is likely to be that we would limp on for at least another year.

I'd rather support the team and try and keep us afloat and in the top league until there is a clear way forward. Appreciate and respect that others will see it differently. 

I've filled in the form and will hand it in on Saturday. It is an indication to the club that more and more people are being put off by Johnston's continued presence on the board. Maybe the people expressing opposing views on how best to get rid of Johnston could actually attend meetings to express those views.

Good luck to this further attempt to build up pressure to force a breakthrough in this endless saga 

will be interesting to hear in future  if there is any developments into what they needed and why the Club are seeking further information about the petition and what any other response from them is .....

I'll hand in the form and support the efforts 100%.

I do however think something visual is needed to get the message across. I still think that staying outside until the 18th minute is an idea then everyone goes in singing anti Johnston songs before signing songs supporting the team.

Also, look at Charlton for ways of getting media exposure during games.

23 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'll hand in the form and support the efforts 100%.

I do however think something visual is needed to get the message across. I still think that staying outside until the 18th minute is an idea then everyone goes in singing anti Johnston songs before signing songs supporting the team.

Also, look at Charlton for ways of getting media exposure during games.

OK, but not a last-minute attempt to get something organised. We have a televised game on Sunday 19th February, surely a game on TV will have more impact if we can get everybody mobilised. Involve KFCSA, and get as many fans as possible involved.