Season Ticket Renewal.

Charlie's Dad

The club are going to have to do some work to convince me the have a plan for next season.

That's 2 years in a row now I have bought a ST because I am a Killie supporter, not because I could see they had any plan for the future. I can't make it to all the games so I don't do it for the money and a "discount" is meaningless to me.

I want to see a plan. Not buying up half a dozen old guys who will be knackered by halftime. Or employing a load of your chums who canny get a job anywhere else.

So far, for me personally I have not seen anything to suggest a plan since Mixu left. Giving Kenny the job was the path of least resistance and MJ got lucky big time. Sacking Kenny without a plan was the hallmark of the buffon MJ is.

I see nothing to suggest any move towards thinking ahead. Everything that happens at the club has MJ written all over it.

The jury is very much still out on LC. Even if we go down bottom it will still be difficult say. So far he has shown nothing to indicate he has anything to offer but then Alex Ferguson was nearly hunted from Manchester United so who knows.

Yeh im with you on that - not convinced it is a generous offer. You can understand why the club are doing it (they did the same last year), but I feel they should review their pricing plans when they know what division we will be playing our football next season. Ludicrous to think the club will charge the same for a season watching championship football as they would for the top flight. 

I'll be holding off on buying one, not because I don't want to watch championship football - but because the standard of entertainment has been so unbelievably poor this year that I cannot at this moment in time justify paying that sort of money for more of the same. If Clark builds a team I can get excited about, I'll review my position.

IIRC, the "save £50" deadline last year was 17th May, with people queuing up on the 17th (Sunday) after we pumped Partick to guarantee Premiership status.

We won't be safe by Friday 22nd April, so the uptake on the offer will be shocking.

The club will know this, which is why I'll bet that the deadline will be Sunday 22nd May (the date of the Premiership play off final 2nd leg), when we will know which division we'll be playing in.

1 hour ago, Prahakillie said:

his chances of doing so will be largely decided by season ticket sales.

It's not just about money, although more money always makes it easier it seems we will be skint whatever happens. The key for a team like Killie is how the scarce resources we have are managed. Finding genuinely talented  guys who want to play more than they want a big cash payoff but find themselves out of favour where they are at present. In exchange we can offer them a platform for a move to the level they should be playing at.

It is certainly not about providing a retirement home for your mates as we seem to have been for several years now.

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

The jury is very much still out on LC. Even if we go down bottom it will still be difficult say. So far he has shown nothing to indicate he has anything to offer but then Alex Ferguson was nearly hunted from Manchester United so who knows.

I'd agree the juries still out however in my opinion things have been more positive on the field since Lee Clark came to the club. His interviews are positive and he appears to have identified players for next season. The team looks fitter, works harder, defends much better, has better shape to it and is tactically better. He's brought in Faubert and Addison who look like they may be good additions when fit(I'll leave Henshall out until I've seen him). The problem as we all know is scoring goals. Lee Clark can't be held responsible because our club is being run by a shower of imbeciles who waited too long to sack Gary Locke !! Whatever league we're in let's give him a transfer window or two(if he wants to stay) and then we can see where he is as a Manager.

I'll buy beforE the deadline if I get 500 free shares. If 3000 others do the same the fans will have a controlling share of a the club. 

The club are obviously skint and the board don't have a clue how else to Raise income.  Without the fans the club is bankrupt.  If we are relegated is there a. Buy back offer, will the club still be in business. , will the season tickets not be cheaper. ... All questions which require  more than a £50 incentive.

As a customer, if they want my money now, I want to know what I'm getting for it. I want to know which league we'll be playing in and what players will be in the squad, so I can judge if it offers  value for money. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a club trying to get the money in early, but they need to tie up the loose ends first. That includes pre-contracts for signing targets and most importantly who they're going to be playing against. I'm not willing to splash out a significant amount of money on faith or loyalty anymore, this board have done nothing to deserve either. Its time for them to demonstrate their ability to run a successful football club and a commitment to providing a quality product. Then we can talk money. However as things stand, season tickets are for mugs. 

Edited by Zorro

They can't tie up pre-contracts for signing targets because the money for the bottom six clubs isn't handed out until August, that's why the club are trying to raise money now. Not that I'm going to rush out and buy one, purely for the reason that it has been a chore to watch most of our home matches this season.

9 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

They can't tie up pre-contracts for signing targets because the money for the bottom six clubs isn't handed out until August, that's why the club are trying to raise money now. Not that I'm going to rush out and buy one, purely for the reason that it has been a chore to watch most of our home matches this season.

I don't care when the bottom six money is handed out; if they can't budget to bring in new players or scrape together enough cash between them to fund a signing bonus, move aside and let folk in who can. It's time for them to put up or f**k off. We've paid for their hotel, we've paid for their hospitality, we've paid for them to swan about like they're cock o' the north and all they've done is drag the clubs good name through the mud. If they want money, put there's in first. 

Am I being cynical in thinking that this early offer might be needed to allow the Club to keep going until the end of the season by meeting its financial commitments?

Do they intend charging the same for the Championship as for the Premiership? Or if we are relegated will those who take up this offer be given a cash refund if Championship prices are lower?

Maybe the Club or th SLO can explain.

1 hour ago, Killie1970 said:

So the season ticket price is the same (minus this offer) regardless of what League we are in?

I will be amazed if prices drop if we are relegated. St Mirren didn't reduce theirs this season.

The best you can hope for is to avoid an increase, I think.

This question was raised at the AGM in AJs first season. I think it was the night before the penultimate game of the season and we still had a very real chance of being in the playoffs. IIRC we were basically told this is how much it will cost to watch Killie next year whatever happens.

Personally if we go down I don't mind paying premier league prices for a year if it gives us a better chance of going straight back up. Unfortunately I don't think that would be the case.

29 minutes ago, piffer said:

Personally if we go down I don't mind paying premier league prices for a year if it gives us a better chance of going straight back up. Unfortunately I don't think that would be the case.

Well it hasn't worked for St Mirren as they are not even close to a challenge to come back up.

As I said earlier, money is a factor but not the critical one. Rankers had as much cash to splash last season as this but last season they had a diddy in charge, this season they got in someone who knew what he was about.