Stokes

Squirrelhumper

1 minute ago, Fankle said:

I imagine Hibs will be favourites there...

If it's a loan I wouldn't be so sure. At 28 years old when you're career at the level you've been used to is heading for the pan then you probably want to prove you can cut it at as high a level as you can.

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

If it's a loan I wouldn't be so sure. At 28 years old when you're career at the level you've been used to is heading for the pan then you probably want to prove you can cut it at as high a level as you can.

True, I just think with his affinity for Hibs, working with Lennon, and also the fact Hibs are desperate for players right now, I reckon that's where he would choose.

I'd be more than happy to have him at RP though, some guile in the final third that we are seriously lacking.

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

He's a bam but he's a good player. I don't see him upsetting the dressing room.

Hmmm his views on Irish republicanism, might just be an issue for some of our chaps who prefer the colour orange.  Not saying it is right, but in the west of Scotland, highly likely if unsavoury nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Hmmm his views on Irish republicanism, might just be an issue for some of our chaps who prefer the colour orange.  Not saying it is right, but in the west of Scotland, highly likely if unsavoury nonsense.

i think that statement says more about your perception of our former rangers players than it does about the actual players. 

If you think for one second that the likes of Smith, Boyd, McCulloch cant function around a catholic and would be openly hostile towards him then your needing your head checked. 

Players on both side on the whole lover the rivalry but despair as much as us about the sectarian nonsense. 

I personally would welcome him with open arms, a prove scorer, a winning mentality and bit of an edge. 

9 minutes ago, Onlyonecolinmckee said:

i think that statement says more about your perception of our former rangers players than it does about the actual players. 

If you think for one second that the likes of Smith, Boyd, McCulloch cant function around a catholic and would be openly hostile towards him then your needing your head checked. 

Players on both side on the whole lover the rivalry but despair as much as us about the sectarian nonsense. 

I personally would welcome him with open arms, a prove scorer, a winning mentality and bit of an edge. 

Calm doon man.

I didn't say I wouldn't welcome him, or that I agreed with either his or potentially their views on the Irish situation.  All I did was put a potential situation out there as a possible source of disruption in the dressing room.  I do not believe LC would stand for any nonsense of that kind anyways.