10 years ago tonight

CB

Thanks for posting. Fond fond memories of this game and remember the traffic chaos prior to the game.

Reflecting on the highlights it showed just how special Naismith was even at that age and just how young he looked! The 2nd goal was sheer brilliance and in my mind on a par with his mazy dribble goal v Hibs.

Remember getting home in time to see the highlights and Momo's cheeky nip on a Falkirk player. Happy days!!

I have Naisy's top from that game in the house, never got around to framing it, one of the few I ever kept as I've given most away to charities for raffles etc. Always think a signed shirt from an actual match means so much more than these strips you get signed by the whole squad...a wee bit of history behind them makes all the difference. The only other one I kept was from a testimonial match that that good lord Wullie wore...I'll never give that one away as it has my name on it and the good lord drove down and dropped it into my work! This clearly begs the question, whose signed strip do you have and what's the story behind it? I'll take that to another thread so as not to derail this one....

Was a fantastic night, remember the traffic on the road up being horrendous and i had a fair old drink in the car up, remember it was gridlocked at one point jumped out somewhere for a quick hit and a miss, as i went to get back in the car didnt realise the traffic had started moving albeit very slowly and a car bumped me onto my back, luckily i was intoxicated enough i got up no a mark on me and back in the car, havent watched this video yet but i was sitting near the front of the stand, just remember Naisy being untouchable that night and Killie fans were having a party, absolutely cracking night, actually forgot i was there until i opened this thread 

happy days 

1 hour ago, baz said:

I have Naisy's top from that game in the house, never got around to framing it, one of the few I ever kept as I've given most away to charities for raffles etc. Always think a signed shirt from an actual match means so much more than these strips you get signed by the whole squad...a wee bit of history behind them makes all the difference. The only other one I kept was from a testimonial match that that good lord Wullie wore...I'll never give that one away as it has my name on it and the good lord drove down and dropped it into my work! This clearly begs the question, whose signed strip do you have and what's the story behind it? I'll take that to another thread so as not to derail this one....

I caught Di Giacomo's at Ibrox the day we won 1-0 and Naisy scored the winner. Got it signed after the game the next week at RP.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Was some night, we were in Motherwell mid afternoon and had a skinfull in Jack Daniels. Came up on SSN that the game was delayed so back to the bar for more booze.

Some atmosphere that night, ended up dancing about the queue to Karbon in Glasgow that night with the full Killie squad Minus Naisy as he was "too sensible" according to Ford!

15 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was some night, we were in Motherwell mid afternoon and had a skinfull in Jack Daniels. Came up on SSN that the game was delayed so back to the bar for more booze.

Some atmosphere that night, ended up dancing about the queue to Karbon in Glasgow that night with the full Killie squad Minus Naisy as he was "too sensible" according to Ford!

were you not sitting next to me and Sticky that night, i cant remember who i was with apart from the big man (and he may have taken the Mrs with him)

21 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm not going to critcise Ford, don't want maths hunting me down, but "sensible" saw him play at the highest level which is more than can be said for most of the others. The same can't exactly be said for the good lord, but life as a supreme being is fraught with obstacles, I can appreciate that he needed a swally now and then...and let's face it, if you could turn water into wine it would be a no-brainer.

7 minutes ago, baz said:

I'm not going to critcise Ford, don't want maths hunting me down, but "sensible" saw him play at the highest level which is more than can be said for most of the others. The same can't exactly be said for the good lord, but life as a supreme being is fraught with obstacles, I can appreciate that he needed a swally now and then...and let's face it, if you could turn water into wine it would be a no-brainer.

I wasn't slagging Naisy for one second, don't even think Ford was either. That was just his reply when we asked where Naisy was!