Josh Umerah from Charlton

Onlyonecolinmckee

"The Kilmarnock Football Club can confirm that Joshua Umerah, has joined the Club from Charlton on loan for the remainder of the season.

Josh, 19, came through the Charlton Athletic Academy and made his first team debut for The Addicks in January 2016.

The forward signed a contract extension in April 2016, keeping him at The Valley until June 2018.

Manager Lee Clark said "Josh is a young striker who is a very quick, strong and powerful player and will add a lot of quality to the squad. Hopefully he will hit the ground running and score many goals for the Club."

The Kilmarnock Football Club would like to welcome Joshua to the Club and wish him every success for the remainder of the season." 

Hmmm....

I take it all these U20 loanees are ineligible for the Youth Cup?

Edited by skygod

Have been one of our managers harshest critics but I have to admit he has tried to improve us in this window and if the players he has recruited either permanently or on loan can turn around our season then I for one will eat humble pie and offer my apologies to him especially if he keeps us out of the bottom two places this year!

Academy graduate Josh Umerah has joined Scottish Premiership club Kilmarnock on loan for the rest of the season.

Umerah, who has been with the club since U11 level, scored 18 times for Jason Euell’s development squad in 2015/16 and has been equally as productive in front of goal this season.

He found the net for our U23s in their 4-0 victory over Ipswich Town on Monday afternoon and his temporary move north of the border now presents him with the opportunity to get a taste of first-team football on a regular basis.

Manager Karl Robinson said: “Josh had a number of different options but we felt the SPL and some of the clubs in it – Rangers, Celtic, Hearts – there are some big football clubs up there and he’ll be playing in front of some big crowds. To play for Charlton Athletic, you need to know how to cope with that.

“Kilmarnock Manager Lee Clark is someone I know well and Josh is a real good’un. We wish him the best of luck and as soon as we mentioned it to him he was jumping at the opportunity. Our young players need to go and play, they’re the future of the club and hopefully Josh and Brandon at Bromley can go and get maximum minutes.”

Catford-born Umerah has shone in the Addicks’ youth ranks since joining the club a decade ago. He finished as our U18s’ top scorer in 2015 and did likewise for our U23s 12 months later.

He was rewarded with his first-team debut in January 2016 and has gone on to make two further senior appearances for the club, the latest of which came at Southend United on New Year’s Eve. 

(Charlton Athletic Official)

Another loan player LC seems to have promised first team football.

Clark on the signing 

----

“It was always my aim to get more competition in the striking areas,” he said. “If Souleymane hadn’t have left, I would have wanted one, and Souleymane left so I wanted two and we have got two very good signings in.

“Young Joshua is a bit of an unknown to people outside of us but we have monitored him and watched him on numerous occasions playing for Charlton. 

“He has a good goal record in their development team and their manager (Karl Robinson) rates him highly, and previous players I’ve had, Josh Magennis and Lee Novak, spoke very highly of him.”

23 hours ago, skygod said:
Academy graduate Josh Umerah has joined Scottish Premiership club Kilmarnock on loan for the rest of the season.

Umerah, who has been with the club since U11 level, scored 18 times for Jason Euell’s development squad in 2015/16 and has been equally as productive in front of goal this season.

He found the net for our U23s in their 4-0 victory over Ipswich Town on Monday afternoon and his temporary move north of the border now presents him with the opportunity to get a taste of first-team football on a regular basis.

Manager Karl Robinson said: “Josh had a number of different options but we felt the SPL and some of the clubs in it – Rangers, Celtic, Hearts – there are some big football clubs up there and he’ll be playing in front of some big crowds. To play for Charlton Athletic, you need to know how to cope with that.

“Kilmarnock Manager Lee Clark is someone I know well and Josh is a real good’un. We wish him the best of luck and as soon as we mentioned it to him he was jumping at the opportunity. Our young players need to go and play, they’re the future of the club and hopefully Josh and Brandon at Bromley can go and get maximum minutes.”

Catford-born Umerah has shone in the Addicks’ youth ranks since joining the club a decade ago. He finished as our U18s’ top scorer in 2015 and did likewise for our U23s 12 months later.

He was rewarded with his first-team debut in January 2016 and has gone on to make two further senior appearances for the club, the latest of which came at Southend United on New Year’s Eve. 

(Charlton Athletic Official)

Another loan player LC seems to have promised first team football.

If L,C has promised him first team football and the lad is as good as Robinson says and chips in with 5-10 goals between now and May, I would back that decision, if it keeps us out the playoff place...

PS. personally I think ICT are gone already, bold statement I know, but it's never a good sign when the players appear to be going through the motions for Foran and he isn't helping himself by publicly slating them last night.

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

If L,C has promised him first team football and the lad is as good as Robinson says and chips in with 5-10 goals between now and May, I would back that decision, if it keeps us out the playoff place...

PS. personally I think ICT are gone already, bold statement I know, but it's never a good sign when the players appear to be going through the motions for Foran and he isn't helping himself by publicly slating them last night.

Exactly what I thought when I saw Fonrans comments this morning he's a young manager and he's made a mistake a lot of young managers do when you publicly oust the team it usually isn't long before you're moving into pastures new 

Just now, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

Exactly what I thought when I saw Fonrans comments this morning he's a young manager and he's made a mistake a lot of young managers do when you publicly oust the team it usually isn't long before you're moving into pastures new 

Even if they bring in a new manager, he would have only 2 weeks to bring in a free agent or two to try and help save them... A bit like LC did last year, but ICT have a poorer squad than we had last year. Also I think through blind loyalty their chairman will stick by him for a time yet.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

I'm much more worried about next season.

If Hamilton and ICT go down and DU and Hibs come up, there are no obvious weak sides next season and it will be a stronger SPL.

• 2 months later...
On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:09 PM, skygod said:

What's happened to him? Gone back to Charlton?

I always thought this was a breathtakingly pointless signing. A raw kid who can't get near a poor Charlton team is going to come up here and play against Rangers, Celtic and Hearts, while Bromley is the standard for his team-mate Brandon Hanlan! 

He's managed 45 minutes for the first team and I don't think he has pulled on his boots for the Development team, so I think we can mark him down as another of Clark's blunders. He claimed we had watched the player "numerous times". If we are wasting our scarce scouting resources watching a Charlton U23 numerous times with a view to a loan, I despair. A half-decent scout wouldn't need to watch a player numerous times, anyway.

Umerah might turn out to be a player in the years to come but, as a short-term loan for us this season, he wasn't what we needed.

3 hours ago, skygod said:

What's happened to him? Gone back to Charlton?

I always thought this was a breathtakingly pointless signing. A raw kid who can't get near a poor Charlton team is going to come up here and play against Rangers, Celtic and Hearts, while Bromley is the standard for his team-mate Brandon Hanlan! 

He's managed 45 minutes for the first team and I don't think he has pulled on his boots for the Development team, so I think we can mark him down as another of Clark's blunders. He claimed we had watched the player "numerous times". If we are wasting our scarce scouting resources watching a Charlton U23 numerous times with a view to a loan, I despair. A half-decent scout wouldn't need to watch a player numerous times, anyway.

Umerah might turn out to be a player in the years to come but, as a short-term loan for us this season, he wasn't what we needed.

The programme for the U20s game against Dunfermline had a "one liner" advising Umerah had returned to Charlton