Sp3ckyh0td0g81

15 hours ago, CB said:

Pars away 96

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXFQiVFJ778

STV/Philo

Brucie Bonus. As it's from 96/97

http://www.killiefc.com/en/part-10-dunfermline-a_51357/

Hearts Home 2013

This score line has an awfy familiar ring to it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AExwYpOhv8M

BBC/Philo

Jeez how fit and sharpe does Boydy look in that Hearts game. Night and day in 4 years.

The Celtic match isn't 1964, it's 1969, Gerry Queen's last home game for us before his transfer. Eddie Morrison and Queen had put us 2 nil up but a Beattie OG and an injury time equaliser from Tommy Gemmell got Celtic a draw and win them the league with one game to go.

Think our team was McLaughlan, Whyte?, Dickson, Evans, McGrory, Beattie, T McLean, Queen, Morrison, J McLean and McIlroy.

7 hours ago, Waverley said:

The Celtic match isn't 1964, it's 1969, Gerry Queen's last home game for us before his transfer. Eddie Morrison and Queen had put us 2 nil up but a Beattie OG and an injury time equaliser from Tommy Gemmell got Celtic a draw and win them the league with one game to go.

Think our team was McLaughlan, Whyte?, Dickson, Evans, McGrory, Beattie, T McLean, Queen, Morrison, J McLean and McIlroy.

Thanks for that. It was mybad, my mistake. The tone of the clip suggested a Killie victory so I put two and two together, consulted 'Everygame' and got it wrong! Happy to be corrected :) 

23 minutes ago, Philo said:

Thanks for that. It was mybad, my mistake. The tone of the clip suggested a Killie victory so I put two and two together, consulted 'Everygame' and got it wrong! Happy to be corrected :) 

You and me both. Thought processs...'Why would a draw in the late 60s be seen as us returning to the glory days...'

Oh well. But it was good to remember that we absolutely scudded them 'on this day' Even if the video is not the day in question.

5 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Ive rarely felt so robbed as after that game! Threw the kitchen sink at them and at that time 'well always seemed to spawn a result over us via a fluke goal or ref decision. The 'dick turpin' match years later was sweet revenge!

Great work on the vids lads.

Some belters coming up over the next few days. Keep watching the Fred...

On 28/10/2017 at 2:24 PM, Waverley said:

Think Andy King was still right back. Jim Whyte didn't arrive for another year or two.

12 hours ago, red_dug said:

Ive rarely felt so robbed as after that game! Threw the kitchen sink at them and at that time 'well always seemed to spawn a result over us via a fluke goal or ref decision. The 'dick turpin' match years later was sweet revenge!

Great work on the vids lads.

Aye, they got a spawny 1-0 at RP earlier that season too!

In that 3-2 game we must have had 2500+ up there. Most of us (myself included) were in top tier so it doesn't look great on TV.

On 20/10/2017 at 8:13 PM, red_dug said:

Great to see parts of the old ground in there. 

Those steps at the rugby road end felt like climbing everest when i was a wee boy.

Ha ha! Are you old enough to have climbed the steps at old Hampden as a boy?!

I thought I'd never reach the top!