Clark gone to Bury. Bad news?

King

3 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

haha I agree. Wonder who it will be.

Kinda scuppers the Killie Standard's big "Lee Clark - 1 year on" interview in this week's edition

i dont want McCulloch & Boyd, they have no previous management experience, we need someone respected in the game, sadly i doubt we can afford that and it will be the quickest and cheapest option

Genuinely surprised at this and feel its a shame as the basis of a team was coming together plus he appears to have contacts throughout the game.

could this be another MJ issue as he just brought in Sammon and was talking about future of the club etc. just a week or so ago , just shows you the state of football nowadays for him to leave for Bury

Thought we were on to a good thing with Clark but to be fair his record hasn't been the greatest, I've said it before but until we remove the parasites the club will be in a bad place regardless of who the manager is.

It will be McCulloch until the end of the season, hard to get excited about at all, typical Killie just when you think we are moving upwards

IF true then at this stage of the season--team look settled at last and on a decent (if small) run of results  and given the number of players LC brought in - its a blow IMO

Yet more revenue for the Board with compensation ?

the past 4 seasons have seen the club mostly stagnate on the field --and off it too ---with short term signings -permanent signings not up to any decent level --- poor appointments and lack of any long term "plan" ---

Edited by Scouser2

Lee Clark is set to take over the reins at struggling League One outfit Bury He leaves Kilmarnock 12 months after joining on a three-and-a-half-year deal

Assistant manager Lee McCulloch will take Killie team on an interim basis

Kilmarnock secretary Michael Johnston confirmed the move to Sportsmail when he said: 'We have agreed terms for the early release of Lee from his contract and he is now finalising terms.

'This has all happened very quickly and was not something the club was looking for.'Nevertheless we did not want to stand in the way of Lee because it was a move he wanted to make.'

Edited by Scouser2

We were only ever a stepping stone back to England for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he had been putting himself forward to every job going down there.

This wouldn't bother me but this loan thing has left us in an awkward position. Whoever comes in has another total rebuild job to do. McCulloch til the end of the season then bring back Mixu

1 minute ago, bute-killiefan said:

We were only ever a stepping stone back to England for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he had been putting himself forward to every job going down there.

This wouldn't bother me but this loan thing has left us in an awkward position. Whoever comes in has another total rebuild job to do. McCulloch til the end of the season then bring back Mixu

Mixu? His reputation is in tatters after the farce at Dundee united

Just now, Trojan76 said:

Mixu? His reputation is in tatters after the farce at Dundee united

I don't think it is. He came in after they had sold their best players and didn't give him much to replace them.  I think he had one January window to bring in players which was never going to be enough. The damage was done with them before he joined.

Also, his reputation was hardly glowing when he joined us the first time