New Manager Poll

findlayc1869

New Manager Poll  

368 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see as the new Killie manager?

• Lee McCulloch
    • Gary Holt
    • Jim Duffy
    • Mixu
    • Dylan Kerr
    • James Fowler
    • Gary Locke
    • Other

Just posted this in another thread:

I have nothing to back this up whatsoever, but I had heard on the grapevine that Killie missed-out on Mixu at the 11th hour last year. They had spoken with him and then DUFC came in at the last minute and offered him better terms. I wonder if the reason MJ has been so willing to release LC (2 years before the end of his deal!) is because he fancies getting Mixu back in the door?

Personally, I'd like to see a Gary Holt (Manager), Ian Durrant (Assistant) partnership and get the whole current management team out of there at the end of the season. But that's just a dream for a time when MJ is no longer involved with the club.

I really hope that big Jig proves some doubters here wrong and does a decent job till end of season. Even then it'd be hard to judge him on it as the majority of the players will leave in June, then we need someone with experience in building a team and with plenty of contacts, that's where Yogi Hughes could become a good shout

Edited by Trojan76
spelling

What are people criteria here? Last time out we wanted the board to look outside the usual suspect and they went with Clark. Do we want that again or is knowledge of the Scottish game more important now?

Id like someone who continues to give youth a chance. Clark did this both through choice and necessity. We have talented youngsters and it's making them into players that will keep the club going as it has in the past.

Do we want attractive football or would you sacrifice that for success. Hearts(bigger budget aside) aren't the prettiest of teams but are doing well. St Johnstone aren't exactly known for the free flowing football but consistently top six and fair better than us in the cups. 

1 hour ago, jesper said:

Just posted this in another thread:

I have nothing to back this up whatsoever, but I had heard on the grapevine that Killie missed-out on Mixu at the 11th hour last year. They had spoken with him and then DUFC came in at the last minute and offered him better terms. I wonder if the reason MJ has been so willing to release LC (2 years before the end of his deal!) is because he fancies getting Mixu back in the door?

Personally, I'd like to see a Gary Holt (Manager), Ian Durrant (Assistant) partnership and get the whole current management team out of there at the end of the season. But that's just a dream for a time when MJ is no longer involved with the club.

Mixu is one of the (very) few people who, on the face of it at least, appeared to get along with MJ. He also doesn't seem to mind working with different assistants so would be presumably be happy to work with who we've got in place. Wouldn't be surprised if it were offered to him.

You've got to imagine McCulloch fancies it now as well though so would be interesting to see what he done if he was overlooked.