New Manager Poll

findlayc1869

New Manager Poll  

368 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see as the new Killie manager?

• Lee McCulloch
    • Gary Holt
    • Jim Duffy
    • Mixu
    • Dylan Kerr
    • James Fowler
    • Gary Locke
    • Other

5 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Lets all just keep it the way it is then cos  'weve always done it like that'. Your post above is what is wrong with killie, there is no forward thinking, as for the has been comment, this is so outdated its laughable.  Having someone who will SUPPORT the coach and help is one of the main roles of a DOF.

As for none of the top coaches working under a DOF, aye right mate, beenthe norm on the continent for decades.

Well said beaker 71

Technical Director, Sporting Director, Director of Fottball the role comes under different guises but plenty of the big clubs have them. Txiki Begiristain is one of the most high profile. He oversaw success at Barcelona with Pep and has been at Man City since 2012. Bayern Munich have worked with a sporting director for years and they've had some of the highest profile managers around. Many clubs are now going down the route of former players as they have the clubs philosophies engrained in them. Bayern had Sammer and Lahm is hotly tipped to replace him upon retirement. Begiristain was ex Barca with Puyol and Busquets both hinted for the role in years to come. Overmars occupies the role at Ajax.

42 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Lets all just keep it the way it is then cos  'weve always done it like that'. Your post above is what is wrong with killie, there is no forward thinking, as for the has been comment, this is so outdated its laughable.  Having someone who will SUPPORT the coach and help is one of the main roles of a DOF.

As for none of the top coaches working under a DOF, aye right mate, beenthe norm on the continent for decades.

This isn't the continent and wee aren't Barca .Wee pay peanuts for a manager as it is and you expect us to pay for a DoF to .Dream on , can just see the likes of McCulloch working with a DoF and getting told there is no money to sign players.One club in the SPL has one and the top manager(paid or otherwise ) says we don't need them up here .

2 hours ago, MrTumnus said:

There is something seriously wrong with Scottish football when Bury is a better bet than our top league.

So our choice is a failed manager who can't get work elsewhere and needs the money.

A failed manager that is trying to rebuild his reputation and will jump ship at the 1st opportunity.

An inexperienced lower league manager who if successful will jump ship at 1st opportunity.

A Killie legend who's heart will probably be bigger than his managerial talent.

Or an in-house promotion - most likely.

However there is one man with a good track record of keeping his club in the top flight and that club have been in freefall since getting rid of him.

Danny Lennon.

Wow

37 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

This isn't the continent and wee aren't Barca .Wee pay peanuts for a manager as it is and you expect us to pay for a DoF to .Dream on , can just see the likes of McCulloch working with a DoF and getting told there is no money to sign players.One club in the SPL has one and the top manager(paid or otherwise ) says we don't need them up here .

Lets just forget it then and let brendan rodgers run our club!  The DOF works WITH the coach for new players.  They are the ones who deals with the board for budget.  Just because you don't understand the roles doesn't mean its wrong for killie.

4 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Lets just forget it then and let brendan rodgers run our club!  The DOF works WITH the coach for new players.  They are the ones who deals with the board for budget.  Just because you don't understand the roles doesn't mean its wrong for killie.

Stick to FIFA and forget the real world .Pay two men to do the same job makes no sense .Lets get a manager in and get the likes of Tommy McLean to help him sign players .Bulls**te ! 

This thread is becoming a bit divorced from reality. You can argue your case about a Director of Football until you are blue in the face but the bottom line is that we are skint and will always take the lowest cost staffing option. Even if we weren't MJ would cut costs to boost his take. Therefore it is a manger only - now can we get back to deciding who that should be?

(Please don't say Jim Duffy!)

3 hours ago, Killiepies said:

Stick to FIFA and forget the real world .Pay two men to do the same job makes no sense .Lets get a manager in and get the likes of Tommy McLean to help him sign players .Bulls**te ! 

Your post sums up the fact that you haven't a f**kn clue, its TWO entirely different jobs!

But lets just keep doing the same thing cos tats how brendan thinks!

8 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Your post sums up the fact that you haven't a f**kn clue, its TWO entirely different jobs!

But lets just keep doing the same thing cos tats how brendan thinks!

You have  has probably never been involved in football at any level but think you know better than people that have .Wee won't be getting a DoF not now or ever and i doubt Sevco or any other SPL team will but you know better than them .So just keep playing FIFA 

15 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

You have  has probably never been involved in football at any level but think you know better than people that have .Wee won't be getting a DoF not now or ever and i doubt Sevco or any other SPL team will but you know better than them .So just keep playing FIFA 

Rangers are looking for one, hearts have one already which is well publicised.

14 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

actually I have, but thats irrelevant, and shows up your ignorance further.  I have never played FIFA, I also never said we WOULD get a DoF but said we SHOULD.   Two very different things.  Your attempts at rubbishing the idea comes from a position of ignorance, it is the type of out dated thinking which gets shown up by folks saying 'oh he has never been a professional player so he won't be any good'.  Pish that we hear on open all mikes and sportscene by their so called experts like michael stewart and biscuits.

However I will stick with my previous comment, just because you cannot understand the role, doesn't mean its wrong.

Interesting that Gary Holt has made his intentions public - 

-------

Gary Holt has admitted he has made contact with Kilmarnock about the vacant manager's position at Rugby Park.

The Killie legend - a 1997 Scottish Cup winning hero - was in the stands to watch his boyhood heroes succumb to a 2-1 defeat to Aberdeen. 

And Holt told Sky Sports of his interest in the job, and that his representative has made contact with the club about the vacancy.

Holt said: Interested, yes. Desperate for a job? Not at the moment but it's something I have spoken about with my family and my agent. "I want to work with positive people, and progressive football clubs, and if that's up in Scotland, in England or abroad, great.

"I've got to think about where I want to go and what I want to do. As you asked - am I interested, yes I am. "I leave it to my agent, and he's made contact with them through whatever channels it has to be. I'll leave it in his hands. I've not heard anything back and I'm here to watch the game so we'll see how it goes."

Edited by Scouser2

2 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

Interesting that Gary Holt has made his intentions public - 

-------

Gary Holt has admitted he has made contact with Kilmarnock about the vacant manager's position at Rugby Park.

The Killie legend - a 1997 Scottish Cup winning hero - was in the stands to watch his boyhood heroes succumb to a 2-1 defeat to Aberdeen. 

And Holt told Sky Sports of his interest in the job, and that his representative has made contact with the club about the vacancy.

Holt said: Interested, yes. Desperate for a job? Not at the moment but it's something I have spoken about with my family and my agent. "I want to work with positive people, and progressive football clubs, and if that's up in Scotland, in England or abroad, great.

"I've got to think about where I want to go and what I want to do. As you asked - am I interested, yes I am. "I leave it to my agent, and he's made contact with them through whatever channels it has to be. I'll leave it in his hands. I've not heard anything back and I'm here to watch the game so we'll see how it goes."

He can't be talking about us when he mentions positive people and progressive football clubs. It's good to see him go public with his intentions. If anything it forces the board to consider all options for a moment at least. 

McCullochs reluctance to say he wants the job is puzzling. Almost every pundit says he'd be a fool not to take it. None of the players at this stage have come out and backed him for the role either

5 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Holt has more experience, a 44% win ratio at Falkirk and proven record of developing and selling young players.  Also experience of coaching players at EPL and Championship level in England. 

Holt has arguably a better track record than Shiels, AJ and Locke before they were appointed. 

Why has he not got a job then ?

I like Gary Holt but surely at this stage of the season the last thing we need is even more upheaval.

McCulloch knows the squad and has been working with them so give him a chance.

Its all, as usual, " ifs, buts and maybe's. When you look at it with an open mind you can see the path ahead. Should Lee Clark state he wishes to be considered he should be allowed to maintain his current position as interim Manager to A) keep the continuity and B) allow him to show what he can bring to the job. He should also be advised that the board will interview other candidates during that time. The new manager should be appointed by the end of the season.

This is not an appointment the board should make as a " cheap option " as McCulloch still has 18 months on his contract. The appointment needs to be right as Hibs and possibly Dundee United will come up next season making the low budget clubs like Partick, Motherwell and ourselves vulnerable. Of course it goes without saying the this point assumes ICT and Hamilton will go down. The board also need to make any new manager aware of how they will assist in making the club a top 6 club consistantly. A strategy is required for this and someone to review it and help to deliver the objective. Money is required to achieve this but a CEO is now a must.

2 hours ago, superfan said:

Its all, as usual, " ifs, buts and maybe's. When you look at it with an open mind you can see the path ahead. Should Lee McCulloch state he wishes to be considered he should be allowed to maintain his current position as interim Manager to A) keep the continuity and B) allow him to show what he can bring to the job. He should also be advised that the board will interview other candidates during that time. The new manager should be appointed by the end of the season.

This is not an appointment the board should make as a " cheap option " as McCulloch still has 18 months on his contract. The appointment needs to be right as Hibs and possibly Dundee United will come up next season making the low budget clubs like Partick, Motherwell and ourselves vulnerable. Of course it goes without saying the this point assumes ICT and Hamilton will go down. The board also need to make any new manager aware of how they will assist in making the club a top 6 club consistantly. A strategy is required for this and someone to review it and help to deliver the objective. Money is required to achieve this but a CEO is now a must.

Of course I did mean Lee McCulloch. Call it a senior moment .

Edited by superfan
wrong name