Dons (H) fred

CB

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

Pundits raving about Mark O'Hara in his advanced midfield role. If Clark hadn't swapped him for stars like Martin Smith, George Green or Charlee Adam, we would probably be challenging for fifth. He's exactly what we need.

was going though my mind as well, old ground but considering some of the dross Clark brought here, poor management

4 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Pundits raving about Mark O'Hara in his advanced midfield role. If Clark hadn't swapped him for stars like Martin Smith, George Green or Charlee Adam, we would probably be challenging for fifth. He's exactly what we need.

Agreed... that's why Dundee are in the lofty heights miles ahead of us in the table. The Di Maria of Scotland Mark O'Hara...

Addison as the senior player should have taken responsibility and cleared the ball he has made the young goalie look bad and I agree he should not have replace smith as the pace of the game was definitely beyond him I watched him in the half time warm up and he looked very cumbersome but I will cut him some slack for his performance against Falkirk at rugby park last year!

I have watched it again. Addison has done a balatoni. Release him from his contract. Woodman didn't help matters. Would he have got their is he moved off his line quicker? We won't know but he should be trying to .. at least communicating with him. Would jamie have got their from off his line? I don't think so, but he wouldn't be stuck to his goalline when the ball is in our six yard line. Woodman is too inexperienced,  Addison is too slow. And at this stage of the season when we are 1-0 against aberdeen. We need experience in the keeper and we need a match fit CB who can defend. A defender who can defend ? That is all we ask from them to defend.

There is 0 postives from a killie perspective about woodman in goals. Why is he there ? To keep us in the league ? To maybe sign at the end of the season ? Because we don't have a keeper ? MacDonald isn't good enough ?To give him match experience for when he goes back to nufc and to leave us with no goalkeeper at the end of the season ?. It's f**king stupid. Say what you want about anti woodman specs or whatever the truth is he isn't here to benefit us in anyway at all. Freddie Woodman f**k off back to Newcastle youth team.

5 minutes ago, Bbk said:

I watched him in the half time warm up and he looked very cumbersome but I will cut him some slack for his performance against Falkirk at rugby park last year!

I too watched them warming up at half time and this was my thought aswell. He looked incredibly clumsy and flat footed, I did fear the worse when he was brought on for Smith. I personally feel Woodman will develop into a fantastic keeper but I fell his reluctans to come off his line will cost us a few more goals before the seasons out. That being said it was Addison ball to clear all day long for the first goal and should have put it into the stand.

9 minutes ago, the dundonald duo said:

I don't think so, but he wouldn't be stuck to his goalline when the ball is in our six yard line.

Are you sure you have watched it again?

I agree about there being no benefit to Killie in playing Woodman ahead of MacDonald. He's not so much superior (if at all) that it's a no-brainer.

I don't really care about which big clubs have been sniffing around him, how much he is worth (for his potential) or how many England caps he will win in the future. Here and now is all that matters for Killie and we have a relegation scrap on our hands.

But it wasn't his fault for the goal.

30 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Would we be playing him in an advanced midfield role though?...

McCulloch will bring himself to watch again but not when the wounds were so raw after a "crazy seven minutes".

"It was a horrendous goal to lose and it gives Aberdeen the impetus to move on and get another," he said.

"I specifically didn't watch the two goals again so I couldn't come here and tell you lies."

But McCulloch added: "I'm proud as anything of the way the boys applied themselves and bought into the game plan, and the way they worked. I'm disappointed but not worried.

"I spoke to the dressing room as a whole and told them all to go home and watch the game and come back in Tuesday with a smile on their face and a spring in their step."

McCulloch now has a decision to make over whether he puts himself forward for the job on a long-term basis but he was in no rush.

"I wouldn't even say the game is out the way, it's still running round my head and it probably will be tonight," he said. "I will watch the game again, take notes and enjoy my day off. I don't know if I will be thinking about anything other than those goals."

McCulloch has no meeting with the board planned.

"I have not even thought about it," he added. "I had a one-and-a-half minute conversation with them so I will speak again some day this week."

The former Rangers skipper admitted his job had been "100 miles an hour" since Lee Clark left for Bury on Wednesday.

"Long days but I have enjoyed them," he added. "I have been up at 10 to six every morning and leaving here at seven/eight at night but it has all been enjoyable, and everyone round about me is working hard to help me."

(Sporting Life)

2 hours ago, jock said:

It is funny how at hamilton when smith went off most people would have put dicker in midfield and brought on Scott boyd...i think folk were saying it was obvious...myself included...today i don't think the right choice was made but the manager has to kake the call and all of us experts know that...I thought McCulloch had his tactics spot on today and i also thought it was a good game to watch...unfortunately the hard work was undone in the last few minutes and Mcinnes is hailed as a tctical genius when i thought his subs had made little real difference...hey ho...onwrds ane hopefully upwards...

The Kilie subs made the difference & won the game for the Dons today. WTF possesed Lee McCulloch to bring on that cart horse Addison. I'm not trying to be smart after the event but myself & those around us let out a loud shout of No! when Miles came on. Our defence was doing well & he brings on a half fit CB who was slow when he was fullty fit. You threw that game away today Lee.

One pundit today did mention this was O'Hara's first good game in months. That ship has sailed no good getting caught up in it. Yes we'd all prefer having a player we can use rather than Martin Smith etc who appear to be making up the numbers. Sadly we are stuck with what we have now.

On the goalkeeper I'd put MacDonald back in now. I was in favour of Woodman getting a chance but he's had that run now. I don't believe there is too much between him and MacDonald but it is now in our best interest to be playing MacDonald again. 

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

On the goalkeeper I'd put MacDonald back in now. I was in favour of Woodman getting a chance but he's had that run now. I don't believe there is too much between him and MacDonald but it is now in our best interest to be playing MacDonald again. 

If theres not much between them then why's it in our best interests? 

The lad made a real good save in the first half today and a decent one from a long range effort in the second. I don't think he's done much wrong and although it was harsh on Macdonald getting dropped, the guy has been fine. Addison should be experienced enough to clear his lines and watching the goalkeeper reaction after the goal, I'm not sure he's gave a shout that he's coming for it. 

Really frustrating today, we played well enough to get at least a point, without being great in all honesty. The Dicker/Ajer pairing really seems to work, I thought Boyd played well up front, he drags centre halves about and creates space, Sammon was very Tyson-esque. 

I hope it's not costly points dropped come the end of the season 

In our best interest solely because MacDonald is our own player. If Woodman had shown he was a superior keeper I'd be in favour of him playing every game. With them being evenly matched then we have to play our own player. Woodman will be off in the summer and we don't want to be trying to convince MacDonald to stay at the club if he's unhappy.

Would probably prefer JM back in now , mainly for his experience as we approach some vital games...

But a change of keeper won't suddenly bring with it some magic run of clean sheets....we lost a number of bad goals in the first half of the season too...he has been a very good keeper for us but does have one or 2 weak areas in his game.

On the O'Hara issue....Not better than Wilson in a DM role for me.Again,had Wilson replaced Smith it would have been like for like and with Wilson's energy in the middle at that stage of the game we would have continued to close them down effectively.

The Scott Boyd situation is a strange one.Assuming he is fit,and after having signed a permanent deal,appears to be below Addison in the pecking order.

Would keep Dicker and Ayer together next week though and if Smith is injured,Wilson in the middle.

Pen at the end looked a stonewalled for me as man of the moment Addison was having his shirt pulled by one defender while being held down for the other.Their players constant in your face whining towards Dallas was a disgrace throughout the game as well,smacks of a club with 'entitlement'.

On McCulloch's comments,fair play to not assume the job is yours but he does sound very non-commital longer term,with the possibility of a Sevco job still hanging around.Will be interesting to see what happens if they make an appointment soon,with their new manager bringing in his own men,which doesn't include McCulloch.If he does end up there,does Leven get the job until the end of the season then?

Edited by Jedi2