Subs

boydiesback

I would never have trusted Addison to handle a clever Aberdeen attack. He's a bomb scare and slower than me. These big lumbering centre halfs are a thing of the past. Should have been Wilson on to make a nuisance of himself in midfield and Tyson to stretch them at the back and take the pressure off. Schoolboy error cost a precious three points.

1 hour ago, boydiesback said:

Who in the ground apart from the clowns in the dugout though Addison was the change to make?

one big decision to make and the manager blew it. GTF ya clown

You GTF. Absolute worst type of fan. Canny wait until the gaffer makes a mistake so you can get right on his back.

Ironic ye refer to him as 'ex hun'. Have you checked your username lately? Tit.

14 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

On watching it back Woodman was equally to blame.

How? Just how?

The ball bounces about 10 yards out. Addison and Rooney are on top of it, Woodman is 2-3 yards off his line.

Addison clearly didn't know Stockley was there. He thought he could outmuscle Rooney and the ball would run to Woodman.

If Woodman had rushed out there would have been a three-man collision and the ball would probably have run loose anyway.

The only way Woodman is to blame is he if he gave Addison a shout that it was his (Woodman's) ball and he clearly didn't.

Edited by skygod

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

How? Just how?

The ball bounces about 10 yards out. Addison and Rooney are on top of it, Woodman is 2-3 yards off his line.

Addison clearly didn't know Stockley was there. He thought he could outmuscle Rooney and the ball would run to Woodman.

If Woodman had rushed out there would have been a three-man collision and the ball would probably have run loose anyway.

The only way Woodman is to blame is he if he gave Addison a shout that it was his (Woodman's) ball and he clearly didn't.

Agreed. Keeper has to shout if he's coming... if he doesn't then it's defenders responsibility.  When I played even if my keeper shouted in that situation I'd hoof the ball out the park. 

Addison had a good 3 seconds to do it and epic failed.

3 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

The sensible option was to leave the back 4 as is and put Wilson on for Smith. 

A very naive substitution which ultimately cost us the match

2 hours ago, historyman said:

Of course it was. Blindingly obvious to anyone I would have thought. 

Crazy, wrong decision by the management team which overshadows the good points as ultimately it cost us 3 points. 

Absolutely. From a winning position, don't unnecessarily change your back four.

Should have subbed like for like,Wilson on for Smith, to cause the least disruption to your formation.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

How? Just how?

Agree with you mate. Seen highlights Addison to blame for both goals.

3 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

And that's where your problem with Jig is. f**k off you cretin

Agree with you  he must also have a problem with bobby Williamson,Ian Durrant,Gus McPherson and all the other ex 'huns' who have played for us and who knows what he thought of Tommy Burns Billy Stark etc makes you worry about certain 'killi'fans doesn't it?

4 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

THIS, absolutely crazy to change a defence that kept an in-form Aberdeen side under control for 80 mins of a match. I honestly couldn't fathom what he was thinking.

Watched Addison in warm up and forgot he could barely use his left foot or run properly.

Shouldnt have ever had got a contract here in first place, an absolute wage thief.

Hopefully leaves in summer for Bury. 

Although I think jig from training etc should be realising he's not quick and against a team like Aberdeen why play him.

A painful lesson for LM and one that hopefully he will learn from. It was unnecessary to change the back four when a midfielder had to be substituted. Aberdeen had hardly penetrated the defence successfully throughout the match and all we had to do was install fresh legs in midfield and the talent was on the bench to do that.

I've seen a lot of defeats over 50 years of watching Killie, but today was one of the most painful just because the team performance merited a successful outcome and they were denied through poor judgement by one player and a young untested manager.

I suspect Lee Clark would have got us through today and hope his departure doesn't prove too damaging at the end of the day.

I hope fans recognise what a good performance the team put in for us today and how shattered they must be with the result. Several looked totally despondent at the end including some of the loan boys, so there is clearly a sound team spirit in place that we fans should not unsettle through frustration at the loss.

On this form we should be ok.

Zinger I'm not sure there was talent on the bench to replace Smith. Wilson has done well in his matches but holding together a midfield with our backs to the wall is a big ask of the kid. Martin Smith has barely kicked a ball in months so it's a gamble bringing him into it. I'd have taken that gamble before restructuring the back four but it would still have been a gamble. 

5 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Precisely, why disrupt the well oiled machine that was our back four today, Wilson was the obvious option into Smiths role and leave the back line as it was. McCulloch had us set up perfectly today and the players did well, but the substitution was a howler.

Felt sorry for the captain, as he was superb today, we went downhill rapid after he went off (his injury seemed to be affecting him from early on too, so good on him for pressing on, albeit to his cost and ours big time....).

I also noted that McKenzie slaughtered Woodman after the winner went in, so some blame for him in Rory's eyes.....although Addison was like a man who's legs didnae work!!!

Feel gutted the day, hopefully the injured pair are all back for next week, I wouldn't change much, perhaps other than the keeper....

Watched the goals there. First one I'm blaming Addison all day long. He has no right to ask the keeper to come for that. Had he facused on the ball rather than the man Stockley might not have jinked in either. He's an experienced defender. He's been at a Killie a year now. He should know the pitch and that it can be sticky. Even thinking about letting the ball run is risky.

Second goal if Addisons brain could work his body he'd have cleared that. The deflection is what you get when your flying high. How many times have we seen that deflection take the ball over the bar. Aberdeens luck is in and it nestles in the far corner