Well (H) Fred

CB

I didn't think we were properly at the races for the whole ninety minutes. It was our worst start in our last three games. Spent the early stages on the back foot but we got back into it and admittedly deserved our half time lead. Midfield I don't think was anywhere near the standard they've been recently. McKenzie and Longstaff's pressing game which has served us so well didn't happen. Our CBs just weren't getting to grips with their attackers especially in the air despite a height advantage. 

Second half was rotten. They started like they started the first but we didn't deal with it. Poor defending letting them pounce on a loose ball in our six yard box like that. Second I thought the keeper was hesitant. First impression was he came and then bottled it and was beaten while in no mans land. 

A great chance to get an undeserved point at the end and you'd back Boyd to bury that. 

It was strange as I don't think anyone was particularly bad but no one was as good as they've been recently and we were never completely on top. 

Those who are signing the praises of McCullouch should consider today's lack of managerial decision making. Motherwell made two subs at half time, totally changed the game and dominated. McCulloch did nothing until we were behind. Longstaff was an absolute passenger in the second half and should have been hooked long before he was.

And if Woodman is in the team because of his better distribution then the manager he seeing something I don't. He had two very good saves today but is hesitant and doesn't command his area. Two goals conceded from dead balls yet again. 

Motherwell terrible, long balls every chance they get, just another Hamilton, worrying thing is that it causes us problems and got them the result, unlucky with the ones that came off the bar but should've been out of sight in the first half, needed a change much sooner and again woodman not good enough, second goal looks like it's at waist height and he's tried to save with his feet? Get Jamie back in, just hope that he's not lost his form or confidence.

Weird one. First 15 mins were scrappy, but thought we really took the game by the scruff of the neck and really should've been 2 or 3 up by HT. However, 2nd half wasn't great with zero tempo but we did still create a couple of chances. I think overall a point a piece would've been fair. 

The antics at the penalty were appalling. 

They quite literally bullied us for the entire 90mins and the waste oxygen that is Bobby Madden let them away with it.  Every time a Killie player was getting to a header he was pushed, they went in studs up on several occasions with no foul yet Jones got pulled for it. Boyd tried to jump for a header and there were two players pulling him down .... nothing.  Lasley's tackle in the first half ... nothing.

Was prepared to give Woodman a chance, now time to bring Jamie Mac back in he his far to hesitant a good shot stopper but so is Jamie. Had to be Boydie to hit the penalty unlucky to hit the post antics of Samson etc a disgrace but got them 3 points. We need to wise up toughen up and start using the streetwise nasty tactics of your Wells Acciess ICTs and fight and scratch to some victories. We are far to feckin nice 

So so disappointed. When we go up 1-0 and are looking decent we're probably turning our attention to a chase for top 6. 45 mins later and it's very much looking over our shoulder yet again.

very willing to give Jig a chance but was very slow off the mark to change things today. Motherwell are not a good team but kicked and scratched to a win. Very concerning we couldn't manage the game better and see it out. 

Dicker did well again. Thought Jones had a good game too. Other than that no much to shout about. I thought Kris Boyd, despite his goal, was poor today and would have hooked him after an hour. The penalty at the end absolutely gutted me but I could see it coming. 

I think that's a real setback today. We just can't seem to make any genuine progress and it's so disheartening. 

The make up of the squad is bizarre. There are effectively five players who are deemed not worthy of selection - Addison, Osborne, Webb, Cobain and McFadzean - and one who has never kicked a ball. We can't afford to carry that number of passengers.

Yet Clark goes on about how he saved us from relegation, got us into the Top Six and got a fortune for Coulibaly.

Speaking of whom, the board got off lightly with selling our main goalscorer when there was no pressure to do so. I'm sure his value would not have decreased, and would very possibly have increased, by the summer.    

The club needs a right good shake up from board to management to playing squad. 

8 minutes ago, skygod said:

The make up of the squad is bizarre. There are effectively five players who are deemed not worthy of selection - Addison, Osborne, Webb, Cobain and McFadzean - and one who has never kicked a ball. We can't afford to carry that number of passengers.

Yet Clark goes on about how he saved us from relegation, got us into the Top Six and got a fortune for Coulibaly.

Speaking of whom, the board got off lightly with selling our main goalscorer when there was no pressure to do so. I'm sure his value would not have decreased, and would very possibly have increased, by the summer.    

A very considered post skygod, spot on mate 

Bullied by a very poor side. Motherwell manager never sat down or shut up. McCulloch stood with his hands in his pocket for a good spell second half (A bit like Locke). Changes should have been made at 1-1. Boyd should have been off and Dicker had a poor first 15 minutes of the second half. Rory had a shocker. It seems to me when Gary Dicker doesn't play we are poor. No hope in Dingwall then!

With those six players who are out of favour and the seven loan players we could be down thirteen players in the summer if all were to go. That's before we consider players out of contract and players who may be attracting interest from other club. It's scary that it could be another major rebuild.

Unless he can be appeased it might be a new keeper. Addison and Osborne are out of favour and Ajer will go back to Celtic so maybe more CBs. Hendrie back to Burnley and Kayode unknown and out of contract so a new RB. Taylor has been attracting interest from clubs down south so maybe a LB. Dicker out of contract so replacing our best midfielder. Longstaff loan up so another midfield rebuild. Jones out of contract. Sammon and Umerah loans expiring and Tyson out of favour and contract so no back up strikers. 

21 minutes ago, skygod said:

Absolutely my freind couldn't agree more

We're far too nice sick of us getting bullied at home they come fling their weight about and we don't give it back I don't even remember the name of their interm manager but he looks like McGhees love child and is every bit of a knob he'd have been as well playing cos he spent his entire time outside his box while our dugout was lifeless 4th official just followed him about aw day pretending to usher him back the most annoying wee tit I've watched at RP in a while 

Madden wouldn't give us a nod in the desert but on the same note we never give it back  to them Motherwell aren't the first team to do that to us this season either 

Boydie doesn't even bother jumping for the ball and spends the entire game trying to convince the ref he's being fouled 

Ajer wasn't at his best the day and thank god for Dicker because without him showing a bit of a fitba brain we would have been rattled the day our midfield were 2nd best for large parts of that today and at half time I felt we deserved our lead but I don't know if they had a can of Fanta and a greggs stake bake with a Krispy Creme chaser because we were horrendous in the 2nd half, Jones is a big Jessie much like Tope used to do he looks as if he's going to make a challenge but just does a ring a round the Rosy with them he needs to man up 

it was clear to see that Motherwell had 2 men on Taylor all day long when playing the ball up the park a change in the second half should have happened 

just another week where you think its getting better and you leave as a sick as parrot 

apologies for the rant now away to eat my own body weight from the 5 star and pretend today never happened 

oh aye and if if I see that big Cheeseball Samson in the town He'll be trying to stop a chicken fried rice hurtling towards that big ginger dome of his ...spam eating bell end 

Edited by Sp3ckyh0td0g81
Samson

2 hours ago, chubbs said:

Kicking off on Portland Road....

The Motherwell youth were getting very excited walking up past the bowling club after the game: much gesticulating and pointing up towards the top of the street. It was the late 80s all over again! I'm glad I'm 48.

Edited by DuncanEwart

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

Very poor result after what had been a good 1st half,indeed Well should have paid to get back in at HT.2nd half allowed the game to become very scrappy which suited them,and quality of ball into the box was much poorer.Their full backs also closed off Sammon and Jones 2nd half and stopped Taylor getting forward.Was crying out for a change of tactics/subs.

However,Samson an utter disgrace at the penalty with his behaviour.Yes,Boyd should have scored,but how often do you see goalkeepers allowed to carry on like that.Wouldn't have shaken Samson's hand going off that's for sure.

Samson was a bit factor in Killie not getting three points today. Two great saves 

and did what he had to do to put off Boyd...fair play to the guy, it seamed to have worked. 

54 minutes ago, pmonty3 said:

So so disappointed. When we go up 1-0 and are looking decent we're probably turning our attention to a chase for top 6. 45 mins later and it's very much looking over our shoulder yet again.

very willing to give Jig a chance but was very slow off the mark to change things today. Motherwell are not a good team but kicked and scratched to a win. Very concerning we couldn't manage the game better and see it out. 

Dicker did well again. Thought Jones had a good game too. Other than that no much to shout about. I thought Kris Boyd, despite his goal, was poor today and would have hooked him after an hour. The penalty at the end absolutely gutted me but I could see it coming. 

I think that's a real setback today. We just can't seem to make any genuine progress and it's so disheartening. 

Agree with most of that. Thought Killie played well today especially in the first half. 

Nice to see them providing Boyd with chances by getting quality balls into the box

rather that the punt up the park. On one hand I feel if we perform like we have been doing

recently we'll be fine. On the other I feel this could prove to be a big turning point today. A win 

today would've imo seen us challenge for top six and leave four teams below us with a little space.

After the defeat we're right back in the doo-do. 

2 hours ago, chubbs said:

McDonald wouldn't have stopped the first and the second was s**te marking.

A high floating ball that travels half the park into the six yard box is a 'keepers ball every time. Keeper cost us again. On saying that ....

We were unlucky today, hit the bar twice and the post once. Motherwell had one good chance that provided a good save and three half chances that gave them two goals. Today reiterated that there is very little between the seven poor teams at the bottom of the league.

1 hour ago, piffer said:

With those six players who are out of favour and the seven loan players we could be down thirteen players in the summer if all were to go. That's before we consider players out of contract and players who may be attracting interest from other club. It's scary that it could be another major rebuild.

Unless he can be appeased it might be a new keeper. Addison and Osborne are out of favour and Ajer will go back to Celtic so maybe more CBs. Hendrie back to Burnley and Kayode unknown and out of contract so a new RB. Taylor has been attracting interest from clubs down south so maybe a LB. Dicker out of contract so replacing our best midfielder. Longstaff loan up so another midfield rebuild. Jones out of contract. Sammon and Umerah loans expiring and Tyson out of favour and contract so no back up strikers. 

I doubt very much that Taylor will ever play at a higher level than us. He gets stuck in but he is too small and his control is poor. I don't see him going any further. 

Losing Dicker would be a big blow, he is coming into his own these last few weeks. 

The problem we have had for a while at home when we are playing a team that we should to be beating is that of the front 6 only one player dicker can actually pass a ball and look comfortable in possession i.e. Pass move so we can never really build pressure on teams. Away from home the 4 5 1 system is fine like last week and hopefully next week. Could not understand why mcculloch did not go 442 earlier as the worst past of their team was the back 3. 442 was the system we played against a back 3 at Dundee and we should have changed to that asap in the 2nd half when they changed their tactics. Difficult to blame the manager as he's only learning!!

48 minutes ago, DuncanEwart said:

The Motherwell youth were getting very excited walking up past the bowling club after the game: much gesticulating and pointing up towards the top of the street. It was the late 80s all over again! I'm glad I'm 48.

You'd still be younger than the twat than ran in front of the cop van to get involved !!!