150th Anniversary Mega Thread

Lroy

We're only a season and a half away from our 150th anniversary season.  I would like to think that the club were already thinking about what we will be wearing that season.

If I still had an input, I'd be asking JustSport to keep us well away from a Nike template for that season and do a bespoke Avec kit. I'd like to see a version of one of the 3 that I've imaged below.

What do you think we should wear in 2018-19? I'll wait for a few ideas, then start a poll.

1879.gif.8b350a3cc91aa7cfca7e7b44b75a0980.gif 1935.gif.d371c45c14afa2f967e60dfb6003d2d0.gif 1965.gif.450557e065564aacd008772df30b5f92.gif

34 minutes ago, Lroy said:

We're only a season and a half away from our 150th anniversary season.  I would like to think that the club were already thinking about what we will be wearing that season.

If I still had an input, I'd be asking JustSport to keep us well away from a Nike template for that season and do a bespoke Avec kit. I'd like to see a version of one of the 3 that I've imaged below.

What do you think we should wear in 2018-19? I'll wait for a few ideas, then start a poll.

1879.gif.8b350a3cc91aa7cfca7e7b44b75a0980.gif 1935.gif.d371c45c14afa2f967e60dfb6003d2d0.gif 1965.gif.450557e065564aacd008772df30b5f92.gif

'fishul history has it that we played in Oxford Blue. So, that'll be number 1.

Just now, Blackislekillie said:

Any one of those. They all look good.  No. 3 for me if I had to choose.

What about stripes but in the darker blue of no. 1 . A sort of hybrid of both.

Whilst I'm not against hoops I always associate them with our late 70s to mid 80s period.  Not a great time.

37 minutes ago, Lroy said:

They all look good picture 3 for home top picture 1 for away top. Don't mind as long as Nike don't make it.

I'd go for an update of No 1 for the 150th anniversary. It's a radical change from our usual strip, but how many clubs have had a 150th anniversary?

Us lording our seniority over the rest of the teams could get right up the nose of some if their supporters (especially Dundee, given the colour) which is a good thing.

No. 3 for our away strip.

If it's to celebrate the formation of the club and to be something out of the ordinary, it has to be 1.

If not that, then hoops. Having stripes when we wear them every other season would defeat the object.

It would be good if any shirt could be logo-free, which could be offset by the increased number of shirts sold plus maybe a benefactor underwriting the loss. 

Edited by skygod

16 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

What about stripes but in the darker blue of no. 1 . A sort of hybrid of both.

Whilst I'm not against hoops I always associate them with our late 70s to mid 80s period.  Not a great time.

Could be great, but just as long as we don't look anything like Ayr United.

2 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

For those that like no 1. 

This Spurs away from about 3 seasons ago.

Screenshot_2017-03-12-11-12-27.png

And? So Spurs copied us from 150 some odd years ago. Or do you just not like Spurs?

If you're going to look back for inspiration then surely the very 1st kit, or a close approximation is the only way to go.

We screwed up the 50th anniversary champions top. Let's not repeat our mistakes all over again please

23 minutes ago, skygod said:

If it's to celebrate the formation of the club and to be something out of the ordinary, it has to be 1.

If not that, then hoops. Having stripes when we wear them every other season would defeat the object.

It would be good if any shirt could be logo-free, which could be offset by the increased number of shirts sold plus maybe a benefactor underwriting the loss. 

This. The recent hearts top without sponsors logo was a belter.

6 minutes ago, CB said:

And? So Spurs copied us from 150 some odd years ago. Or do you just not like Spurs?

If you're going to look back for inspiration then surely the very 1st kit, or a close approximation is the only way to go.

We screwed up the 50th anniversary champions top. Let's not repeat our mistakes all over again please

Agree with you one hundred percent mate

1 minute ago, CB said:

I've nothing against Spurs.

What I'm saying is that for a modern take on no1 that Spurs kit is not too far removed from it.

Granted the shorts are not white but stick our original badge on that Spurs top ( fairly easy ) and it's not far away.

And as your a moderator of this forum less of the aggression in your reply please.

4 minutes ago, Loudoun Killie said:

1. for home top.

3. for away top.

To me, 1 does what the burgundy strip did for Arsenal a few years back when they were still at Highbury, a nod of respect for the fore-fathers who got this show on the road. (don't remember the exact reason, possibly their centenary?).

Time for a vote folks.....?

1 does it for me with the original badge.