Jags Thread 18-3-17

Allan

19 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Been saying this for years. Have suggested it on all feedback forums and got some silly excuse about safety. It would make a considerable difference to our poor image on TV. But to no avail.

Surely putting the away fans down the bottom would increase their influenceon the game ?

im sure thats the reason why any time ihave been to fir park weget sat in the clouds in the top tier.

Team looked very tired second half, don't know if changing the training regime at this late stage has an effect but Longstaff particularly was visibly lacking in energy after 70 minutes. But happy with a point at the end due to Thistles dominance. Anyone know why Boyds goal was disallowed?? 

On the Boyd point he needs support and creativity around him. If it's hoofed even if he gets under control what's he supposed to do? He isn't going to waltz round three defenders on a forty yard run. To be fair I thought he and Sammon are developing an understanding and there was a fair degree of communication. I also thought Boyd was encouraging players in his role as Captain the importance of which, in a side with a lot of youngsters, shouldn't be underestimated.

Agree about points made about Longstaff who just doesn't look up for rough and tumble of our league. Far too easily beaten and then left others exposed by runners on and off the ball. This should have been identified as an issue at half time and subbed after five minutes of second half if he didn't buck up.

Plenty in East Stand were shouting for a change (and bringing Wilson on was the correct one) well before they scored. Also heard a lot saying Thistle worked harder than us and that isn't something I like to hear about my team. Not sure it's true either they were just better organised and maybe it's easier to do eye catching forward runs on the break?

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Outfought and out thought in the second half. Not for the first time.

I don't know about outfought. Outplayed at times, but after we scored they looked very shaky. Wilson brought some solidity to the midfield, although they could have sat back to protect their lead by that time. I like Dicker but he was giving away too much possession in the second half and Boyd was stranded without any support. McCulloch should have made his changes sooner.

57 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I don't know about outfought. Outplayed at times, but after we scored they looked very shaky. Wilson brought some solidity to the midfield, although they could have sat back to protect their lead by that time. I like Dicker but he was giving away too much possession in the second half and Boyd was stranded without any support. McCulloch should have made his changes sooner.

Agree with you comments. When Dicker doesn't play well the team doesn't play either. Jones should have stayed on and Roberts brought on for Rory. Rory again was a passenger. I don't care if he runs 14K every game he has no heart and does very little.

12 hours ago, muza1962 said:

Agree with you comments. When Dicker doesn't play well the team doesn't play either. Jones should have stayed on and Roberts brought on for Rory. Rory again was a passenger. I don't care if he runs 14K every game he has no heart and does very little.

Regretfully I am with you on this Muza, Rory is a right winger-end of!  He can't tackle and is hopeless in the air, when the opposition get on top he is lost. Put him out on the right , will provide much more end product than Jones i.e anything at all, or bring him on in the second half to do what he does best which is running at the defense. Start Wilson with Dicker in the midfield. On the fitness issue if we were lacking in fitness in the 2nd half why was there only one team going to win it from the equaliser to full time?  Goal wrongly chalked off for Sammon's tiny little nudge on the defender, although the defenders did stop, so they may have got out to block Boyd's shot.

On 3/18/2017 at 7:44 PM, kfc_superteam said:

Get a grip people! Yes we struggled second half but we got a point in the end! First half we were very good. Thistle are also a very decent team.

I think we have improved in creating chances much more under McCulloch. Give the guy a chance. This is night and day from the dross Locke and Johnston served up. Although we were on the rack a bit second half they didnt really have many shots to be saved.

Not sure if McCulloch is the man yet but we could be doing a hell of a lot worse. If someone said we'd be 8 points clear of the bottom and in the hunt for top six at the beginning of the season i'd have taken that. 

Peoplr forget where we have been and we are in a decent position. If we stay up this year it is a successful season. 7 points from 5 games isn't too bad! We only startef to lump balls up when we were under the cosh!

Agree with this, we at least look like a team these days.

on a side note --if I am correct only 4 out of the starting line up on Saturday are contracted for next season -----if those 4 survive the summer turnaround of players that usually happens that is ....

would hope that talks with Dicker have at least started re a new contract....and there would probably be a chance that Sammon could join permanently IF Hearts were to release him from the long contract he signed ----though not sure we could match the wages he is on with them

22 hours ago, zinger said:

I hope our second half energy levels are not falling off already. Clark got us fit if nothing else and our reliance on that resilience is very obvious.

It's not a new thing, even in his last few games we started games really well, usually took the lead then fell apart (Hamilton away, Dundee Away being two obvious ones)

We've just taken 4 points from a possible 6. I would say the fact we've been able to hang on under pressure in the 2 games suggests we are fit.