Season Ticket Boycott

Mclean07

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I'm taking it the boycott is not going ahead, but wouldn't it just be good manners to update us after asking for our feedback? 

Mclean07.

we haven't had a committee meeting since the untimely passing of Mrs Johnston. We were ready to go with the next stage of our protest/season ticket boycott, but events overtook us and everything has been put on hold. What we do or don't do will be discussed at our next meeting and I am sure you will be advised.

1 hour ago, CBFC said:

Another keyboard warrior who is happy to spout forth but when asked to contribute or help is nowhere to ge seen!

Wrang again.....

I spent a while assisting the Trust in the early days until it started to take off and folk with the required skills came on board.

Edit: I admire anyone who gives up their time for the Trust and KFCSA and applaud them as individuals for doing so ...    but that doesn't mean that I support or agree with what they are doing as an organisation. 

Edited by chubbs

A revolution by committee is rarely successful. When hard power meets soft power, hard power wins.

We're told we don't want to see a big leader, one individual who can inspire, lead and direct everything. This could lead to personalisation and give the club a target.

So we end up with a grimy, ugly, long winded civil war between an impotent under-armed rabble of noble supporters, who pose a threat to no-one, seeking to overthrow a seemingly coup-proof tyrant.

The result is lots and lots of bickering and little else... but come and join in, you're not likely to motivate the masses but they do have meetings with coffee and biccies.

9 hours ago, chubbs said:

Wrang again.....

I spent a while assisting the Trust in the early days until it started to take off and folk with the required skills came on board.

Edit: I admire anyone who gives up their time for the Trust and KFCSA and applaud them as individuals for doing so ...    but that doesn't mean that I support or agree with what they are doing as an organisation. 

Constructive criticism is always welcome, but simply slagging the KFCSA off does no good for anyone. 

We have asked for for assistance at least three times this season and found very few wanting to help. It was only an hour of their time, but it was difficult to garner support.

On 3/18/2017 at 11:05 PM, CBFC said:

Mclean07.

we haven't had a committee meeting since the untimely passing of Mrs Johnston. We were ready to go with the next stage of our protest/season ticket boycott, but events overtook us and everything has been put on hold. What we do or don't do will be discussed at our next meeting and I am sure you will be advised.

Are you able to say what the next stage was?

9 hours ago, muza1962 said:

Why is everyone wasting their time on this, banners, boycotts, demos. The man is here until 2019! it's only 18 months away ffs. The club won't die until then. Keep the cash back and it just might. My opinion of course.

It's actually 24 months away, as the deal was done in March 2014. Also, 18 months away from now is September 2018, where is he going then? And lastly, March 2019 is the EARLIEST he can leave without being penalised financially. There are zero guarantees that he'll leave straight away and/or there will be people willing to pay whatever fee he is demanding a that date. But aye, why don't we sit back and make his life as comfortable as possible eh? Chuck as much money into the club as we can between now and 2019 and make his bargaining position a whole lot stronger. Might as well meet in the hotel and discuss tactics over a few beers and give him more money whilst we're at it.

Thanks SH for the maths lesson, the rant and the chance to meet for a beer! Almost forgot, sarcasm too. Let's see what happens with the ST boycott then. If arranged properly it may work and I would support it, but Going by the banners the demos etc I just can't see it. Just my opinion again.

15 hours ago, muza1962 said:

Thanks SH for the maths lesson, the rant and the chance to meet for a beer! Almost forgot, sarcasm too. Let's see what happens with the ST boycott then. If arranged properly it may work and I would support it, but Going by the banners the demos etc I just can't see it. Just my opinion again.

You're welcome. 

16 hours ago, muza1962 said:

do you have an idea of what "arranged properly" looks like ? just wondering if you think it may work your ideas might be useful to the overall success of the Boycott. 

21 hours ago, muza1962 said:

It's arithmetic, actually. A common mistake. Like lose and loose.