ICT match thread

Blackislekillie

4 hours ago, Killie1970 said:

A win against Partick would have been tremendous. As it is, we didn't get it but we didn't lose either. We are picking up crucial points...maybe not ideal, as wins are better, but a point is a LOT better than no points! We didn't do this last season and ended up, deservedly, in the play offs. We have another 9-10 points left in us this season and that will be more than enough to see us comfortably safe. If we don't achieve this, then we deserve all that we get.

Two more wins and avoiding defeat in the games v Accies and ICT should be enough. As you say, if we don't do enough over the next 8 games then we don't deserve it. 

I have to say I am much more confident than I was at same stage in the last three seasons. The team should be able to make it less nerve-wracking this time round - but this is Killie we are talking about. Last day drama seems to be in our DNA right from 1965. 

I think I'm right in saying we've taken the lead in eight of our nine games since the winter break. We've one three of them, lost two and drawn three. The odd game out was going 1-0 down vs Partick. Our form since January has actually been been ok. Obviously a few more wins would have been preferred.

12 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Sorry mate but if you dont take the lead you're unlikely to win any game you play.

I think my interpretation of the original post may be different from yours. ...no worries.

However, what I will say is that if you don't take the lead then you most definitely will not win the game.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day in Inverness yesterday, although three points would obviously have made it even better. Unlike the previous two games against Caley, I think a draw was a pretty fair result this time. Got the 7 10 train from Queen Street, so was up there in plenty of time for a few pints in Bertie's Bar in the station, the Wetherspoons and the Black Isle Bar. Very enjoyable day and made it back to the station in time for the half five train back down the road.

20 hours ago, historyman said:

Two more wins and avoiding defeat in the games v Accies and ICT should be enough. As you say, if we don't do enough over the next 8 games then we don't deserve it. 

I have to say I am much more confident than I was at same stage in the last three seasons. The team should be able to make it less nerve-wracking this time round - but this is Killie we are talking about. Last day drama seems to be in our DNA right from 1965. 

It's definitely in our own hands but we've become used to the season going down to the wire weather it be winning the league, promotion, relegation or play offs. Would like it done and dusted early doors for a change! Once we start turning draws into wins, we should be a lot more comfortable. As it is, at least we've turned defeats into draws and are looking more confident for it. Small steps but getting better.

One thing that is promising is we now appear to be hard to beat (barring the upcoming gubbing from celtic)

I still think we are right in the mix with the relegation battle but compared to last season we are in a better position / look relatively decent at the back.

Need a big result against Sevco midweek, Hearts at home could be pivotal