Souleymane Coulibaly

Coulibaly said: “This was a dream for me. I have had to be patient since I got here, but I was promised my time would come.

“I’ve worked hard and I got my rewards today. The two goals were for my family.”

Al_Ahly boss Hossam El-Badry said: “We always knew Souleymane would score goals for us and he’s proved that.

“When he first arrived from Scotland, we made it clear he needed to work on his fitness and getting to know the team and the way we play. That was always going to take time.

“He took his goals well an he will become a very big player for us in the future.”

Its interesting that his new club told him to work on his fitness before making his debut,2 months later he makes his first appearence tells me that what I have long suspected that our club and most others are not fit to play in the modern era of the SPFL,fitness levels are an utter disgrace for paid employees in the so called entertainment business.

27 minutes ago, azertyuiop said:

Don't think so, however not sure. Think it was just cash upfront this time

Pretty sure it was quoted at the time as being 20% of any profit they make, for example if they were to get £2m they have to pay us £240k, as they're making £1.2m profit.

Edited by CLANCY2KTID

4 minutes ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

Pretty sure it was quoted at the time as being 20% of any profit they make, for example if they were to get £2m they have to pay us £240k, as they're making £1.2m profit.

I don't remember seeing anything like that at all.

The fee was undisclosed but some reports stated £750k initially, possibly rising to £1m with add-ons.

Other reports stated an initial £800k and even £1m, with no mention of add-ons.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PrestersKtid said:

Good to see him scoring after not being given a chance initially, puts chances of goal bonuses, and sell on's more of a possibility.

cant help but wonder had we held out till the end of the season and he continued in the same form with us would his goals had he stayed been the difference of us being safe already ? i get that the difference in the leagues is worlds apart but still it does leave you thinking .......................still find it amusing watching him now knowing about two days before he left i was talking to him at the self scan in Asda in Killie