Give it Jig

Gaffer

18 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Nailing my colours to the mast - I think this is a mistake. But all the best to him. Will be fascinating to see him build a squad over the summer. Looking forward to the cup games already. 

What's your record on these predictions?

I like many thought Locke was a mistake. I thought AJ would be a success and I thought Clark would deliver more than he did. Shiels I wasn't sure and I thought Mixu at time of appointment would be a mistake. One out of five correct.

I think McCulloch will do ok. It won't be dazzling and it may be draws and scraped victories when we do win but I reckon we will be fine mid table with him in charge next season

Lee McCulloch says Kilmarnock will feel like a new club from top to bottom next season as he was unveiled as manager on a permanent basis.

The former Rugby Park defender took temporary charge of the club in February when Lee Clark left to join Bury.

He steered them to Scottish Premiership survival as they moved away from the relegation zone and finished the season in eighth place on 41 points.

The former Scotland international has now been tasked with improving on last year's achievements and believes the right additions to the team can bring back supporters in their droves.

McCulloch said: "It's definitely going to be a new club next year. There's going to be a lot of changes from top to bottom.

"Even about the stadium there's going to be changes; there's changes in the team, there's going to be a vast amount of changes.

"So it's going to seem like a little bit of a different club. As long as we can get the right players on the pitch I'm hopeful there'll be a flock of fans coming back.

"One thing I will say is that the team will be giving everything they've got every single week."

In terms of new additions McCulloch is reportedly interested in signing his former Rangers teammate Kirk Broadfoot from Rotherham.

The manager could also look to bring back Kristoffer Ajer and Souleymane Coulibaly to Rugby Park.

Defender Ajer spent the second half of last season on loan from league champions Celtic while Coulibaly was sold to Al Ahly for just under £1m.

However the striker recently walked out of the Egyptian side and issued a statement claiming he was being treated like a slave.

McCulloch said: "It's a bit of a pity but he was always an honest boy when he was here. I don't know the full situation just about the sort of statement that he's put out.

"I feel for him. Hopefully common sense prevails and he gets what he wants.

[If he becomes unattached] then I'll speak to him. I was quite close to him when he was here and I'll speak to him, but I imagine he'll have others speaking to him as well."

He added: "I think I'll probably speak to Celtic in the next couple of days as they're not away at this stage.

"I'll be looking to contact Celtic and see what [Ajer's] situation is."

(STV)

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

What's your record on these predictions?

I like many thought Locke was a mistake. I thought AJ would be a success and I thought Clark would deliver more than he did. Shiels I wasn't sure and I thought Mixu at time of appointment would be a mistake. One out of five correct.

I think McCulloch will do ok. It won't be dazzling and it may be draws and scraped victories when we do win but I reckon we will be fine mid table with him in charge next season

Good question! Knew Locke would be a disaster. Thought, like everyone, that AJ would have been good. Was neutral on Mixu and pleased with Shiels. Feel like McCulloch is in the Locke mould because it was an informed opinion from seeing his team the previous season, as here. I suppose a fairer assessment is him with his own squad built over the summer. I don't want to be negative but I can't pretend to be much enthused. I reckon us and Hamilton will be down in the thick of it but that we will be hard to beat. 

I think he will be very much a safety first manager but maybe we could do with that for a couple of years. 

It will be a tough league next season so if he can keep us just above the relegation battle that we be good enough. And as someone else said, winning some matches at home would be nice. 

7 minutes ago, historyman said:

I think he will be very much a safety first manager but maybe we could do with that for a couple of years. 

It will be a tough league next season so if he can keep us just above the relegation battle that we be good enough. And as someone else said, winning some matches at home would be nice. 

Spot on fella

1 hour ago, mitch14 said:

Good question! Knew Locke would be a disaster. Thought, like everyone, that AJ would have been good. Was neutral on Mixu and pleased with Shiels. Feel like McCulloch is in the Locke mould because it was an informed opinion from seeing his team the previous season, as here. I suppose a fairer assessment is him with his own squad built over the summer. I don't want to be negative but I can't pretend to be much enthused. I reckon us and Hamilton will be down in the thick of it but that we will be hard to beat. 

^^^Loads of positivity here, that's the spirit^^^

15 minutes ago, historyman said:

Are you thinking along the line of St Johnstone ?..... Solid if unspectacular, that's what come to mind with me.

It's refreshing to hear positive comments coming from our new manager. He seems 'up' for the task and sounds excited about what lies ahead. It's too easy to suspect that all will not be rosy, due to past experiences, but I'm remaining positive and wish Lee all the best in his position. :hurrah:

43 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

^^^Loads of positivity here, that's the spirit^^^

I'm positive about him being keen on a Ajer and Coulibaly. I get the sense he knows where the team needs improved. The players seem to be really pleased with the appointment which is great. And his comments about feeling like a new start for the club are setting exactly the right tone. Some signings to back it up and I'll be chuffed. 

Before he came to the club and there was talk on here I wanted him no where near

based on nothing other than his style of play on the park and the Hun tag and the whole Jig thing 

but I couldn't have been more wrong on what type of guy he is 

I find myself trusting him when he says things. Haven't had that in a long time for any manager. Not since KS.

He done the job In hand finishing  in a very respectable position.

Given all the dramas of the season. LC and his midnight flitting, the Boardroom events, No one really knowing what direction things were going.

He focused on the team and ensuring we stayed in the top flight. 

He has never once sounded like a man who doesn't know what direction he wants to go. 

No big team to be proud of speeches or the usual drivel.

i think he has the potential to be a decent manager, agreed his in game management needs worked on,

but he has the dressing room behind him and that can be all the difference as it showed in they last half a dozen games.

I am looking forward to see what the season brings and I hope I am right to have a bit of faith in him 

All the Best Lee 

Bring on the new season :hurrah::hurrah::hurrah:

All the best Lee.

We are probably a nightmare club to manage in terms of plastic pitches, moaning fans and off pitch politics but we are a proud club with history to replicate.

You take control at a good time with the politics behind the scenes standing a good chance of calming down and the resultant breathe of fresh air encouraging sponsors and fans to come back on board.

Your contacts in the game will hopefully enable you to identify the players we need and high regard you enjoy in the game will hopefully encourage them to join in the Killie renewal.

You'll need a thick skin because at every opportunity we fans will be bending your ear and highlighting where you are going wrong but just ignore us and get on with managing your way. I think this is going to be a big success.

PS Thanks for getting us through last season safely.

I'm happy he has finally been appointed and I wish him all the best in the job and there is a big difference in his appointment than the previous three managers in that he played at a higher level than them though unfortunately for one of the twisted sisters but at least he was a proven winner for them and I hope he can bring us that level in his first full time managers role all the best Lee!