New strip for next season

Killie alan

Maybe this is the kind of thing that, say for instance, a fan on the board could help with? They could advise the out of touch board how this could be an important revenue earner whilst keeping the momentum up over the close season (it's obviously important given the amount of comments on here).

Then again, a lot of folk can't see any real benefit of a fan on the board. Either that or they talk (moan) a good game then get posted missing when it's time to put their money where their mouth is. 

I think for this season i would prefer our manager to be searching for players and getting them ready, with regards to MJ leaving being a great opportunity, I would expect that there is not one Killie fan on this globe that is unaware he is gone, sadly, as per usual people have been all mouth, including business people.

1 hour ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

saw this on twitter a couple of weeks ago Lee Miller calling fans to help with ST sign ups 

mind KS and players done this back when he was here

if only we had one of the biggest names in the Scottish game our club has ever produced in our current squad who could lend his weight to this ....

How many fans don't know we sell season tickets every year? Wouldn't it be good for the hard working people at the club not to have to beg and grovel and for the fans to show some enthusiasm and back the club unconditionally for once in their lives. I hate to use Sevco as an example ( as I detest them ), but despite the extreme doubts they must have about their Board and management, they're not having to be dragged kicking and screaming to buy a season ticket.

It's time for our fringe support to get off their butts and quit finding fault as their main hobby.

46 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

How many fans don't know we sell season tickets every year? Wouldn't it be good for the hard working people at the club not to have to beg and grovel and for the fans to show some enthusiasm and back the club unconditionally for once in their lives. I hate to use Sevco as an example ( as I detest them ), but despite the extreme doubts they must have about their Board and management, they're not having to be dragged kicking and screaming to buy a season ticket.

It's time for our fringe support to get off their butts and quit finding fault as their main hobby.

That's cause "The Rangers are coming!!!"

Regular season tickets don't offer a huge incentive to the disenfranchised fan (of which we have a lot). Miss a couple of games and it's not worth the cash. The family ones are great value though. Getting in primary schools like they did when I was young could get kids hooked before they start getting solely interested in the English Premiership/Champion's League etc.

As for the greeting over the strips....if you're over the age of 14 and desperate for a new fitba top to wear on any occasion other than playing fitba I'd suggest a quiet word with yerself.

17 minutes ago, aumgn said:

Regular season tickets don't offer a huge incentive to the disenfranchised fan (of which we have a lot). Miss a couple of games and it's not worth the cash. The family ones are great value though. Getting in primary schools like they did when I was young could get kids hooked before they start getting solely interested in the English Premiership/Champion's League etc.

As for the greeting over the strips....if you're over the age of 14 and desperate for a new fitba top to wear on any occasion other than playing fitba I'd suggest a quiet word with yerself.

What do you wear to the football your school uniform!! Get a life mate it's great wearing the mighty blue and white stripes!!!

12 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

What do you wear to the football your school uniform!! Get a life mate it's great wearing the mighty blue and white stripes!!!

I don't wear a football top to the football for exactly the same reason I don't wear my school uniform actually, cos I'm not 10 years old.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Beg and grovel ? Is that like the begging and grovelling at the AGM when we were politely asked not to ask any awkward questions ? Kilmarnock FC are a football club, but they are also a business and if businesses are to be successful they should use any and every means available to sell their goods, be that replica strips or season-tickets.

1 hour ago, aumgn said:

It's's been mentioned previously on another thread that giving out tickets to primary schools has been tried under Paul Di Giacomo & co and the response on uptake has been generally poor.

As for your comment about "greeting" over the new strip, that's an individual's choice, What gives you the right to question their mentality because you don't agree with it? 

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

It's's been mentioned previously on another thread that giving out tickets to primary schools has been tried under Paul Di Giacomo & co and the response on uptake has been generally poor.

Paul is always looking to get more schools/local organisations in to the games. The problem is sometimes the initial contact.

If anyone knows of folk wanting kids in, they should try getting in contact with him. 

1 hour ago, Killieboy1980 said:

Paul is always looking to get more schools/local organisations in to the games. The problem is sometimes the initial contact.

If anyone knows of folk wanting kids in, they should try getting in contact with him. 

Paul is brilliant 

provided me and the Bellfield U13s with tickets for the team a couple of seasons ago. 

Couldnt have been more helpful. Not only that but before kick off came over to speak to the boys and make sure they were enjoying themselves. 

17 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

The worry for me is that MJ has gone and so far there has been no obvious sign that the club is reaching out to lapsed supporters to bring them back to Rugby Park. Whether you buy them or not replica strips bring in revenue at a time when there is no revenue from on-field activities, replica strips also promote the club just by being seen.Ticket sales are reportedly slightly up on previous seasons but the club haven't made any special effort to promote season-tickets other than the usual "you know where we are" attitude. The club really need to get their act together, they may not have the finance or resources to promote Kilmarnock FC but for now, they have the goodwill of the KFCSA and it's members and they should utilise them.

Was thinking the same thing recently.

cant see anything different yet.

17 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

19 pages about grown adults talking about football strips.

Jesus.

If every grown adult who supports killie actually bought a shirt, we'd be in a much better financial position than we currently are. Look how many huns went out and bought shirts after their boardroom issues were sorted. Sadly we have had no uptake whatsoever since MJ has gone. Maybe people should think more about investing in the club by buying merchandise than putting "grown adults" down for supporting their club. Thats not directed at u specifically btw, just sick of hearing people being put down for wanting to buy an adult shirt.

44 minutes ago, Calummoore86 said:

If every grown adult who supports killie actually bought a shirt, we'd be in a much better financial position than we currently are. Look how many huns went out and bought shirts after their boardroom issues were sorted. Sadly we have had no uptake whatsoever since MJ has gone. Maybe people should think more about investing in the club by buying merchandise than putting "grown adults" down for supporting their club. Thats not directed at u specifically btw, just sick of hearing people being put down for wanting to buy an adult shirt.

There's a million and one ways to support the club financially. Buying a strip isn't top of my list as the club only get a % of that.

I'm not belittling folk for buying a strip, it's the tantrums demanding an hourly update of when it's going on sale that's weird.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

45 minutes ago, Calummoore86 said:

This seems to be a sore point for you. Do you take advantage of the nice summer weather and nip out to Tescos in full kit?