Well (A)

skygod

"Motherwell FC is pleased to announce current Season Ticket holders can ‘Bring a Friend for Free’ for the match against Kilmarnock next Tuesday night.

The Steelmen have several huge games between now and the end of the season and we hope 2016/17 Season Ticket holders can help swell the crowd to get right behind the side in the last home league fixture...

Chairman Jim McMahon said: 'It’s a huge few weeks for the club and I would encourage every single ‘Well fan to get right behind the squad and management team.

'We have been in this situation before and got through it by everyone, both at the club and in the stands, sticking together and that’s what I am asking for now.

'If you can get to Accies at the weekend, please do. If you can introduce and encourage as many along to Fir Park next Tuesday, please do that too as the players would really appreciate your loud, positive backing.'"

We really need to get over the line asap.

Taylor is suspended for the ICT match; remind me - who's our back-up LB?

Maybe we could switch over our reserve RB. Who's that again?

Edited by skygod

I'm getting a wee bit worried myself and we will now be changing our keeper for the last few games as well. We cant really afford any more injuries as the squad is paper thin. We need to get the job done this Saturday against Caley rather than going to the last two games. Kiltie has to play from the start and we need to put in a far better performance than last week.

Didn't realise Taylor was due a suspension. Another reshuffle of the team on Saturday then. Smith to LB and who knows in midfield. Hopefully we can secure safety on Saturday because I don't fancy going into the final two games with a target on our back with a young squad low on confidence and in poor form.

"Dundee Football Club

£10 for an adult and child or £20 for 2 adults and up to 6 children this Saturday at Dens.

Mikey Bush‏ 

Not as good as Ross County , free entry to home AND Away fans for last home game v Accies."

"Here are the details you’ll need for Saturday's match:

Kilmarnock vs Inverness CT
Ladbrokes Premiership
Saturday 13th May,  3pm kick-off
ADMISSION  Adults £20
                   Concessions (Over 65, Under 21 and Students) £15
                   Under 16s £5
                   QTS Family First (covers up to two adults and two under 16s) £45"

What a surprise. As usual we do nothing to entice supporters at the most critical time of the season whilst our rivals are going out of their way to launch promotions.

We may however offer cheap hospitality so we can get punters to spend more money that will benefit the Park Hotel and its two majority shareholders.....

53 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

We may however offer cheap hospitality so we can get punters to spend more money that will benefit the Park Hotel and its two majority shareholders.....

You got it!

"Come along and enjoy our renowned hospitality, for our upcoming Ladbrokes Premiership match against Inverness CT at the special price of £65!"

16 minutes ago, KIlliedaft1957 said:

If Hamilton & Motherwell draw then we are safe - Motherwell could catch us on points but have a very inferior goal differece

So could Hamilton, as they would both be on 33pts (they would need to win their last 2, and us to lose ours). Hamilton are only 3 goals behind us anaw so more likely them than Motherwell catching us.

38 minutes ago, skygod said:

Seven goals? If they beat us 3-0 that's six gone. 

As I mentioned in another thread to arrive at the situation Motherwell have to win and us lose our last games. On the basis their GD must improve by at least one and ours get worse by at least one thats a swing of minimum two goals onto whatever the outcome of Well v Killie.

I honestly think our resources are so thin and form so unpredictable that forget the Monte Carlo formula we could still find ourselves in a play-off position.

Edited by killiefife

The chances of both Motherwell and Hamilton catching us are extremely remote.Teams at the bottom don't start suddenly winning 3 on the bounce.We'll get 2 more points this season and then we can sit back and watch the play offs/start to plan for next season.

We should be aiming for 7th place, 3 out of 3 wins. There is not reason apart from complacency why this should not happen.

I don't by the idea that the more you have to play for the better you play.  All the other teams have injuries and suspensions and as pointed out teams at the bottom of the league don't start winning 3 on the bounce.

30 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

We should be aiming for 7th place, 3 out of 3 wins. There is not reason apart from complacency why this should not happen.

I don't by the idea that the more you have to play for the better you play.  All the other teams have injuries and suspensions and as pointed out teams at the bottom of the league don't start winning 3 on the bounce.

The fact that we've not won 2 on the bounce since Moses was a kid makes it unlikely we'll suddenly win 3!

1 hour ago, Calummoore86 said:

So could Hamilton, as they would both be on 33pts (they would need to win their last 2, and us to lose ours). Hamilton are only 3 goals behind us anaw so more likely them than Motherwell catching us.

I think it's more the chances of both managing it that seems very unlikely.

Was the Hospitality open last Saturday.....looked totally empty, not for the first time either ....another revenue stream that the club have failed to utilise correctly .....along with the way the deal for it was "hatched" with the hotel 

the ST launch seemed very half hearted too .....

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The fact that we've not won 2 on the bounce since Moses was a kid makes it unlikely we'll suddenly win 3!

I agree. but we all seem to be worried about us loosing all 3 and the prospect of 'Well and Hamilton drawing and both winning their other 2 games. That's 8 games that have to have exactly the right result, any deviation and we are as good as safe. We get a single point from 3 games and they both can't catch us. if either Well or Hamilton win the head to head the other looses and they can't catch us. 

Still, squeaky bum time until the results are in.