Hospitality box

Dillinger

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Seriously ?.... I think there are more pressing subjects that need addressed at the club, maybe a Chairman, Coach & Development Mangar before the 3 Stoogies in charge entertain their mates.

Why? That's all they are in it for!

Wasn't thier talk of this "box" over a year back ?  but nothing came of it then ......in fact few AGM's back wasn't plans put on display for a building behind the Moffat stand which would also included the new club shop.......but nothing came of it.....

my point being we have much bigger issues than making a box for QTS Hospitality and with the talking point being that and not the bigger issues only further makes you think they are not putting their money in to develop the club for any other reason than to keep Bowie and his pals eating drinking and being merry all good pals using our club to further develop their own personal business portfolios at the expense of the future of our club 

Paul McDonald mention tonight that Billy Bowie is beavering away on a facility which would be required as part of the youth setup for project brave. 

I think we could move to some sort of complex in the future. Whether it is our own or a community partnership I don't know. McDonald mentioned we may need one and McCulloch continued with his point that it's not ideal the players being in the same environment every day

1 hour ago, Dillinger said:

We are looking at putting a hospitality box in. It's out for tender just now. 

Also talk of a new training pitch next to the hotel and a new shop, but that one seems more like talk than anything solid. 

I would be surprised if any of these three things ever see the light of day. 

1 hour ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

my point being we have much bigger issues than making a box for QTS Hospitality and with the talking point being that and not the bigger issues only further makes you think they are not putting their money in to develop the club for any other reason than to keep Bowie and his pals eating drinking and being merry all good pals using our club to further develop their own personal business portfolios at the expense of the future of our club 

This. Its not about QTS putting money in, more power to Alan McLeish's elbow if that's what he wants to do, its about focussing on frivolities such as this when there are far more important issues to be dealt with. Issues which appear to be getting roundly ignored, or certainly we are not getting fully informed about them.

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Paul McDonald mention tonight that Billy Bowie is beavering away on a facility which would be required as part of the youth setup for project brave. 

I think we could move to some sort of complex in the future. Whether it is our own or a community partnership I don't know. McDonald mentioned we may need one and McCulloch continued with his point that it's not ideal the players being in the same environment every day

The pitch and changing facilities at Moorfield? 

7 hours ago, Delsteel said:

The pitch and changing facilities at Moorfield? 

That was the first one that sprung to mind. I don't know if there would be an option to pair up with Kilwinning Sports Club rather than just pay to use facilities or if we could partner with the athletics facility at Bellfield and expand that. 

If QTS want to fund the creation of this box , then let them go for it, but I wouldn't want to see our precious pennies being out towards it. The guy invests in the club, quite heavily, so only fair he gets something back for it.

As for the training pitch next to the hotel, is this for subbutteo?

3 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

If QTS want to fund the creation of this box , then let them go for it, but I wouldn't want to see our precious pennies being out towards it. The guy invests in the club, quite heavily, so only fair he gets something back for it.

As for the training pitch next to the hotel, is this for subbutteo?

From what I've heard, QTS are funding the box and it'll be used by them to entertain clients.

2 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Fair dues then, why not, it's not like punters will be losing their seats and it does pay to have QTS on board

Actually. There's at least about a good dozen or so of us that sit in that top left 'corner'

28 minutes ago, CB said:

Actually. There's at least about a good dozen or so of us that sit in that top left 'corner'

can understand that it's not ideal for everyone, and especially you and your group who sits there, but unfortunately we do need keep the sponsors happy.  It's not right, but times have changed, us mere punters are poor relations to companies coming in offering big bucks in short term

Just now, Trojan76 said:

can understand that it's not ideal for everyone, and especially you and your group who sits there, but unfortunately we do need keep the sponsors happy.  It's not right, but times have changed, us mere punters are poor relations to companies coming in offering big bucks in short term

Oh aye. It wasn't a dig this time. And hey, there would be nothing stopping us from lording it over the plebs from behind glass too.

I would question anyone who wants to go to a football match and sit behind glass. I have done it a couple of times and its rubbish.
If someone chooses that option rather than sitting outside with the crowd (for anything other than health reasons) then they are not a real football fan.

The big question of course is - will the box generate any additional income for the club or is it simply what QTS are getting for continuing their sponsorship?