MJ NO MORE

GeeM19

On 2017-5-20 at 0:40 PM, boydiesback said:

Expecting standing room only now as all the stay aways like squirrellhumper etc come back after declaring NAPM while Mj was still involved.  Then he can go to the dance and brown nose with all his pals left on the board :)

What you talking about you simpleton? I had a season ticket this year, I've had one for 24 out of the past 25 years.

I'll certainly not be brown nosing anyone, never have and not going to start now.

I'll leave that to you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2017 at 0:56 AM, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

Well if it wasn't intentional you can see how folk can take it the wrong way surely ? 

Joking about MJs ashes given his reasons for leaving ? 

And it wasn't faux outrage I'm no clever enough to know how to faux anything I just don't think it's the way we should be conducting ourselves and have a bit of class in that situation 

I've literally just seen this. I agree it was in bad taste and utterly insensitive but as some have said, I did not mean to cause any harm or offence. Completely understand I should never have posted it however. Too quick to say things. I apologise to all.

Edited by AyrshireKillieG97

8 hours ago, theboyjohnston said:

Returned already following Jim Mann's call for unity. It was a false dawn but thankful that MJ's reign is over.

Trust that you remain a regular attendee Sandman and that you haven't returned to the forums just to score a cheap point Sandman?

Your trust is misplaced.

Due to familial commitments I no longer make it to RP, or the forums that often.

I have in fact simply posted to have a sly dig at all those who have now gotten their wish.

I await with interest the first mutterings on unease with the new regime and the cries of "I will not be back until Callaghan is gone" and the appearance of "KC OUT" banners.

:2:

42 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

i dont understand this, are you hoping that things go from bad to worse ?

Not in the slightest.

In fact I hope we see a massive improvement of the clubs fortunes both on and off the pitch. Nothing would make me happier as a fan.

However, as a pragmatist I realise that the club's problems were not solely down to MJ and his removal will not end them. Most of them are out with the control of the club or anyone working there.

7 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I must admit, after the years of debate, despair and thousands of posts, I am surprised by the lack of reflection, debate about the future and general discussion about this seismic development.

Also, the elephant in the room.....where's Kiilie Hippo?

I've gone nowhere McLean, just quietly enjoying a few weeks of no fanzine writing. Lets see what further changes happen in the weeks/months ahead and hope that we get the people in place who can unite everyone. I look forward to the new season with my newly purchased season ticket!!

6 minutes ago, killiehippo said:

I've gone nowhere McLean, just quietly enjoying a few weeks of no fanzine writing. Lets see what further changes happen in the weeks/months ahead and hope that we get the people in place who can unite everyone. I look forward to the new season with my newly purchased season ticket!!

Great to hear!! I feared you were still boycotting as MJ hadn't been scourged on the pitch and crucified on the goal posts.

I will now have a spring in my step for the rest of the day  :)

55 minutes ago, piffer said:

John Kiltie in today's record saying we are already seeing an impact since MJ left. ST sales up 250-300sales on this time last year. Commercial revenue up as well. Not sure if ST numbers are half sales half freebies or complete sales. 

does seem from reading the quotes of both Bowie and Kiltie that they are happy to see MJ gone ---- could be argued it all could have been done sooner but good to see things are at the moment looking better   

7 hours ago, Sandman396 said:

Not in the slightest.

In fact I hope we see a massive improvement of the clubs fortunes both on and off the pitch. Nothing would make me happier as a fan.

However, as a pragmatist I realise that the club's problems were not solely down to MJ and his removal will not end them. Most of them are out with the control of the club or anyone working there.

Once a knob, always a knob. Still can't admit that MJ was a huge part in our downturn and secretly hoping that nothing improves because you'd rather be 'right' than things get better no matter what sanctimonious garbage you claim. From what I can see the fans that were forever on the forums going on about MJ are now trying to work with the club to turn things around, I have read a few encouraging things about the board and the trust meeting already and it also looks to me like all the "hotheads and bampots" who put their head above the parapet have put their money where their mouth is and gone out and bought season tickets - whereas you by your own admission have found better things to do. Fair enough you do what you want, but think twice about coming back on here and trying to lord it over anyone, if we were all like you then nothing would have ever changed and the opportunity to make things better wouldn't even be here. We all know it was more than MJ that was holding us back, but without him gone it was impossible to tackle the rest, which is what we face now and hard enough without trolls like you sticking your oar in trying to score points despite your opinion being of no consequence. Do the honourable thing and admit you called it wrong and help the fans who are trying to fix the damage that MJ caused instead of trying to stir up trouble again like a wee sweetie wife who can't help herself.

48 minutes ago, Culley159 said:

Once a knob, always a knob. Still can't admit that MJ was a huge part in our downturn and secretly hoping that nothing improves because you'd rather be 'right' than things get better no matter what sanctimonious garbage you claim. From what I can see the fans that were forever on the forums going on about MJ are now trying to work with the club to turn things around, I have read a few encouraging things about the board and the trust meeting already and it also looks to me like all the "hotheads and bampots" who put their head above the parapet have put their money where their mouth is and gone out and bought season tickets - whereas you by your own admission have found better things to do. Fair enough you do what you want, but think twice about coming back on here and trying to lord it over anyone, if we were all like you then nothing would have ever changed and the opportunity to make things better wouldn't even be here. We all know it was more than MJ that was holding us back, but without him gone it was impossible to tackle the rest, which is what we face now and hard enough without trolls like you sticking your oar in trying to score points despite your opinion being of no consequence. Do the honourable thing and admit you called it wrong and help the fans who are trying to fix the damage that MJ caused instead of trying to stir up trouble again like a wee sweetie wife who can't help herself.

tumblr_mi1n1cm5a51rqfhi2o1_500.gif

4 hours ago, piffer said:

John Kiltie in today's record saying we are already seeing an impact since MJ left. ST sales up 250-300sales on this time last year. Commercial revenue up as well. Not sure if ST numbers are half sales half freebies or complete sales. 

I read that as well. I don't remember the last time we had a close season where according to the club season ticket sales weren't better / improved / at higher levels than the previous year. 

Strange how this was never, ever replicated by attendances during the season. Maybe this will prove to be the year of true change. For a start, they could, like many other clubs, simply announce how many tickets they have sold. 

4 hours ago, Culley159 said:

giphy.gif