Greg Kiltie

skygod

Forget all the other s**t that's been going on at our club over the past few months this is a disaster for us and as has been said let's hope Greg makes a full recovery and comes back stronger next season all the best wee man!

16 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

It would give him a boost if the club were to use some of the expected £2 million post-MJ investment to secure him on a long-term deal. 

taken from the BBC website date January 20116

Kilmarnock: Greg Kiltie signs new contract

Midfielder Greg Kiltie has decided to remain with Kilmarnock despiteinterest from Hibernian and has signed a new two-and-a-half year contract.

The 18-year-old's current deal at the Scottish Premiership club was due to run out at the end of January.

Kiltie told the club website: "I have really enjoyed my time here and want to continue playing first-team football.

"I want to help the club finish as high up the table as possible whilst improving as a player."

Kilmarnock manager Gary Locke had stressed that Kiltie was being given time to make an important decision in his career.

"I am happy that the gaffer made it clear that he wanted to keep me at the club," said Kiltie.

"He has given me my chance and has shown he believes in me by playing me in important games this season.

"I hope to repay him by doing well for the club."

Locke was delighted that Kiltie, who made his debut in May 2013, would be adding to his 22 appearances for Kilmarnock this season.

"It has been a long process, but it is great that one of the best young talents in the game has committed his future to Killie," he said.

"I hope Greg continues to improve and develop as a player and performs as well as he has done for us for far this season."

Admitting that the player had "other options", Locke had said earlier that he considered Kiltie to be "a fantastic young talent who would be best off her

2 hours ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

taken from the BBC website date January 20116

Kilmarnock: Greg Kiltie signs new contract

Midfielder Greg Kiltie has decided to remain with Kilmarnock despiteinterest from Hibernian and has signed a new two-and-a-half year contract.

The 18-year-old's current deal at the Scottish Premiership club was due to run out at the end of January.

Kiltie told the club website: "I have really enjoyed my time here and want to continue playing first-team football.

"I want to help the club finish as high up the table as possible whilst improving as a player."

Kilmarnock manager Gary Locke had stressed that Kiltie was being given time to make an important decision in his career.

"I am happy that the gaffer made it clear that he wanted to keep me at the club," said Kiltie.

"He has given me my chance and has shown he believes in me by playing me in important games this season.

"I hope to repay him by doing well for the club."

Locke was delighted that Kiltie, who made his debut in May 2013, would be adding to his 22 appearances for Kilmarnock this season.

"It has been a long process, but it is great that one of the best young talents in the game has committed his future to Killie," he said.

"I hope Greg continues to improve and develop as a player and performs as well as he has done for us for far this season."

Admitting that the player had "other options", Locke had said earlier that he considered Kiltie to be "a fantastic young talent who would be best off her

He only has one year left. It would be worth securing him on a long term contract (3 or 4 years) to give him a bit of security while injured. If he comes back as anything like the player he was, he can sign a precontract in January as things stand. 

• CB locked this topic
  • CB unlocked this topic