McCulloch transfer target?

Craigieboy

58 minutes ago, baz said:

Not particularly wearing this. How many 'new' fans are going to be attracted by the kind of signing that we are going to make? There are not going to be any 'big' names in there. I think in all honesty we are looking to attract back the lapsed fans first and foremost, and if they had the gumption to be Killie fans in the first place, I don't think that they will be holding out to see who we sign. I'm sure we'll agree that we should wait and sign players who we need, will fit into our system and wage structure and not just fill spaces on the squad sheet for the sake of it, when that money could be used on better things. Seeing Wilson signing an extension is as good as signing a new player in my opinion, it shows that Lee has faith in the players we are bringing through and is making sure that they are sorted going forward and not just concentrating on new faces. I'll be equally happy if J2 signs up again and I have a lot more faith in this kind of approach than the scattergun method we've employed in recent seasons. Lee has his work cut out for him, we don't have a massive budget and it is a struggle to convince 'older' players about the pitch, that's just something we have to deal with, although I'm pretty sure they'll be giving that some thought after this season.  I'd be more worried if we brought in a dozen players in one day again and spent the first half of the season playing starting line up lotto.

Agree that it shouldn't be any bearing on whether someone buys a ticket. Have seen that comment branded about in a couple of threads however. 

Also agreed that we should be signing up our best youth players and Wilson signing is promising, hopefully jones follows.

However when good targets that we've been linked with are being snapped up by our rivals then it starts to get a wee bit concerning. I have faith that Jig is doing everything in his power to securing good quality over quantity though. Maybe i'm just too impatient. 

6 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Agree that it shouldn't be any bearing on whether someone buys a ticket. Have seen that comment branded about in a couple of threads however. 

Also agreed that we should be signing up our best youth players and Wilson signing is promising, hopefully jones follows.

However when good targets that we've been linked with are being snapped up by our rivals then it starts to get a wee bit concerning. I have faith that Jig is doing everything in his power to securing good quality over quantity though. Maybe i'm just too impatient. 

I think we are all naturally impatient auld boy, some of the comments on the Facebook groups are almost a parody of themselves, far worse than anything on here and we can talk mince for Scotland at times! Some 'decent' targets may be away, but then again maybe McCulloch never had those players in his sights in the first place...and even if we did its better not to look like we lost out to someone else or that would case even more panic in the ranks...so keeping business private has its advantages. I think most are happy to judge Lee on those players he signs in his first transfer window as opposed to those he doesn't sign, at least I hope that's the case.

if even a small percentage of the rumours are correct that are coming from "sources" around the club that been flying around ----would assume a number of deals been agreed and club is just waiting on final details before confirmation "news" is released  

though perhaps they may not copy last years example of releasing all the news of new signings on same day ..............

Anybody "in the know" able to say if today or tomorrow we are likely to see some confirmed news, quite a few people now have said that deals are rumoured to be very close to completion and with the team back to training on Monday then surely some news will come out before then? And I doubt they would announce anything at the weekend although to be fair there's no reason why they shouldn't

45 minutes ago, AndyKTID said:

Anybody "in the know" able to say if today or tomorrow we are likely to see some confirmed news, quite a few people now have said that deals are rumoured to be very close to completion and with the team back to training on Monday then surely some news will come out before then? And I doubt they would announce anything at the weekend although to be fair there's no reason why they shouldn't

Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of "11 players signed in one day" gate, Friday to the day, the 24th to the date. Perhaps we are planning to mark the occassion by doing the same again….........:2: