McCulloch transfer target?

Craigieboy

I wonder if we will still be in the market for Sammon if he was made available. With Hearts already signing a striker and being close to a deal with Lafferty then Conor will surely be heading for the exit. 

IMO he'd bring something to the squad more so from a wide role as he's not the goal scorer we desire. Having said that his performances in the last few games were pretty poor.

31 minutes ago, piffer said:

I wonder if we will still be in the market for Sammon if he was made available. With Hearts already signing a striker and being close to a deal with Lafferty then Conor will surely be heading for the exit. 

IMO he'd bring something to the squad more so from a wide role as he's not the goal scorer we desire. Having said that his performances in the last few games were pretty poor.

Heard rumour of Taylor + cash (100k) for Sammon. Would explain why we're after Watters.

1 minute ago, Farmer in the City said:

Heard rumour of Taylor + cash (100k) for Sammon. Would explain why we're after Watters.

That's a horrendous deal. Taylor up and coming prospect and sammon close to past it. Are we getting the 100k in this scenario or are we paying it? either way still no good enough

Edited by PrestersKtid

7 minutes ago, Farmer in the City said:

I'd be extremely disappointed if that were even being considered as a deal, Sammon's ship should have sailed the moment the final whistle sounded against Ross County.

I like big Connor but he's had his time at Killie and it's time for both parties to move on. Cannot see this rumour ever happening as it would cause outrage amongst a fan base who have been thrown to the side for too long and have just only recently been handed an olive branch by the board to get us back onside. Greg is our future and a sellable asset. 

There's no way I'd pay money for Sammon. I think he could offer something but if we did indeed have £100k to spend there are better players in the league we could get for that money. 

Only way that could be true is as others have said Hearts are offering us Sammon and £100k. Even that is insulting. Taylor was probably our second best player last season behind Dicker and was voted one of the best players at the Toulon tournament. Let's start the bidding at £500k plus add ons.

27 minutes ago, piffer said:

There's no way I'd pay money for Sammon. I think he could offer something but if we did indeed have £100k to spend there are better players in the league we could get for that money. 

Only way that could be true is as others have said Hearts are offering us Sammon and £100k. Even that is insulting. Taylor was probably our second best player polast season behind Dicker and was voted one of the best players at the Toulon tournament. Let's start the bidding at £500k plus add ons.

Sammon offers nothing, exactly the same as he offered Wigan, Derby & Sheffield Wed, as has been said in prior threads, Eremenko made the guy a career. He would be a total waste of a wage even if he came to us on a free and willing to take a massive drop in wages.

No doubt some guy is sitting in their bedroom right now, thinking on the next rumour they can start on social media, based on how their team faired on FM17.

Edited by C4mmy31
An added thought

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Sammon offers nothing, exactly the same as he offered Wigan, Derby & Sheffield Wed, as has been said in prior threads, Eremenko made the guy a career. He would be a total waste of a wage even if he came to us on a free and willing to take a massive drop in wages.

Matter of opinion of course. He scored some crucial goals for us last season and personally I thought he offered a decent option in the wide position he was used in. As a main striker I completely agree he's not to be relied on. Hes a player CBs can dominate but fullbacks are a different story. I'm not saying I would be desperate to sign him but if McCulloch did bring him back I think he could offer something.

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Sammon but I could only see it being on a free. Can't imagine Hearts would stand in his way if anyone wanted him. I wouldn't be totally against signing him, he was hot and cold but he did score a few.