old RP

4 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Having a clear out and found this I took years ago and "stiched" together which hope is of interest

1497113419525.jpg

Brilliant. Any way you can scan them and send them my way so I can put the together electronically?

Loved the old place. Used to be always late in because the old man and his mates would get a last one in, before kick off, at the Killie Club. Sat on the old dugouts and got a bollocking from Bertie Auld, when he was Partick manager, for flicking sweetie papers in front of him. Thought the old man and his cronies were going to batter Bertie that day lol. Saw Anglo- Scottish Cup games against Notts County and Blackpool, promotions to the Premier League, relegations to the First Division, 8-1 defeat to Rangers, 6-0 victory over QOS, that got us promoted and the 0-0 draw against Hamilton, with TB in charge, that saw us gain entry to the top league, where we have stayed ever since. Loved the old place and miss those days where we waited for the half time scores to appear on the old board in the Killie end lol.

10 hours ago, Lroy said:

Brilliant. Any way you can scan them and send them my way so I can put the together electronically?

I dont have the technology to do that Lroy but can send them to you. My moby is 07--------. The phots are a bit blurred on the post I made but much clearer in reality if a little dog eared!

Edited by Lroy

Could never say there was no atmosphere at that old place.

Memories of Eintracht Frankfurt, Real Madrid, Leeds and the Brazilian team Bangu that we played a couple of times in the old New York tournament

Have vague memories of beating Septic in the 60's. Jackie McGrory made 2 tackles and 2 Setic players off injured, and that was before subs. The great unwashed were going mental.

Can remember walking to the ground with my dad and being joined by Jimmy Brown the keeper as we walked up.Remember big Kitchenbrand of the gers decking Jimmy during a game. At the end he was waving to the hun fans and saw Jimmy running at him. Legged it down the tunnell. Left the ground with a black eye and Jimmy missed the next game with a damaged hand. I'm sure that was purely a coincidence.

I could fill a book with memories of that  old place.

41 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

My dad says the old Johnnie Walker covered bit to the right behind the far goals was paid for with the money they got for Bobbie Ferguson who went to West Ham after they won the league.

Dunno if this is all bollox or not. 

Think the main stand was upgraded with the transfer fee.

I don't remember any such upgrading.

The main stand was only built in 1961 after all.

Image result for rugby park kilmarnock main stand 1960

You can see how it was built over the much smaller barrel-roofed stand which it replaced.

Here's an even older -1944 - photograph showing the "Johnnie Walker" enclosure.

Image result for rugby park kilmarnock main stand 1960

13 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

I was trying to work out when this was and who we were playing... With the portakabins and the white top/ dark shorts I thought this was possibly in its last season before redevelopment - maybe that fiasco 2-3 game against the Dons when their namesake McVicar was refereeing and even by Scottish refereeing standards had a howler.

Then I began to wonder if this was in fact a much earlier time and we were perhaps the team in red...

When I zoomed in to 500% I don't see Moujike & Bod's handiwork on the Johnnie Walker covered terracing.

The type of nets and goals would date it to the mid-90s....remember when they had round stanchions etc, which pre-dates the 90s.