Better Together

Squirrelhumper

On 06/09/2017 at 9:04 AM, Mclean07 said:

My God man, any economist knows that without pumping money in there would have been a depression worse than the thirties. Yes, QE has benefited those with assets, but the downside would have been massive for the ordinary punter without it. 

Do you mean like what happened to Iceland?

7 hours ago, azertyuiop said:

There are plenty of Killie fans based in North Ayrshire who are fans of the "refugees" welcome movement.

Are they really welcome or is it just an idealistic mantra?

http://www.ardrossanherald.com/news/15509554.Can_you_house_an_asylum_seeker_/?ref=mr&lp=2

I wonder which unionist will ask if Nicola Sturgeon has a house full of refugees first; McLean, diamond geezer, BrumKillie, my money is on DG. 

I just don't see it as differentiated by nationality. I see lots of people with what I would see as a more welcoming attitude that I have to folks who have been bombed , gassed and starved. I know my own attitude could do with a bit of work and I wish I had the sense of self sacrifice that some folks do, but I don't see it as a particularly Scottish thing. Try telling the Egyptian refugee family who were burned out of their home in Wester Hailes in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago that the Scots are a welcoming people. We also have Klu Klux Klan type bigoted zealots just like anywhere else.

3 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I just don't see it as differentiated by nationality. I see lots of people with what I would see as a more welcoming attitude that I have to folks who have been bombed , gassed and starved. I know my own attitude could do with a bit of work and I wish I had the sense of self sacrifice that some folks do, but I don't see it as a particularly Scottish thing. Try telling the Egyptian refugee family who were burned out of their home in Wester Hailes in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago that the Scots are a welcoming people. We also have Klu Klux Klan type bigoted zealots just like anywhere else.

Of course Scotland has its share of bigots, they're easy to identify though. Look for Union Jacks, a fondness for Irish history and folk tunes, perhaps a liking for marching and a pathological hatred of their own country and you won't be too far of the mark. There's also the the anti-Semitic beliefs shared by many Labour supporters. The intolerance of homosexuality by many Tories. However, despite this, scotland is still a more welcoming country than the rUK. 

5 hours ago, Zorro said:

Of course Scotland has its share of bigots, they're easy to identify though. Look for Union Jacks, a fondness for Irish history and folk tunes, perhaps a liking for marching and a pathological hatred of their own country and you won't be too far of the mark. There's also the the anti-Semitic beliefs shared by many Labour supporters. The intolerance of homosexuality by many Tories. However, despite this, scotland is still a more welcoming country than the rUK. 

Utter nonsense. And every social survey you can find will tell you it is. And that's with nowhere near the levels of immigration that England has had. Scottish exceptionalism is a fantasy in your mind and is just as bad as Americam exceptionalism. In fact judging your country as morally superior than others simply brackets you with Little England brexiters. Two cheeks of the same @rse. There were a group of people in Germany that thought they were superior to others as well. Can't recall their name.

On 7 September 2017 at 2:44 PM, mathematics said:

Those are percentages. A hundred percent of SNP voters are never going to make a dent in the number of Labour voters. You said "more SNP voters voted than Labour voters". It's still a lie.

I've seen some nonsense in my life, but that takes the biscuit. Honestly, you should be embarrassed by that. 

29 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

In fact judging your country as morally superior than others simply brackets you with Little England brexiters. Two cheeks of the same @rse. There were a group of people in Germany that thought they were superior to others as well. Can't recall their name.

That's me been called a YES Rat and a Nazi this week. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

That was another promise she broke. Quite a personsal one as well.

No promise was broken. 

58 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Utter nonsense. And every social survey you can find will tell you it is. And that's with nowhere near the levels of immigration that England has had. Scottish exceptionalism is a fantasy in your mind and is just as bad as Americam exceptionalism. In fact judging your country as morally superior than others simply brackets you with Little England brexiters. Two cheeks of the same @rse. There were a group of people in Germany that thought they were superior to others as well. Can't recall their name.

There are more non-Scots per capita residing in Scotland than non-English in England. Scotland is just more inclusive.*

*Except for you unionist bigots.

53 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Try reading up on your economics. Not just Richard Murphy and Wings over Scotland. I know nothing about Iceland, I'm a Sainsbury man usually. 

I might have known the predominantly orange colour scheme of Sainsbury's would appeal to you. Maybe a wee bit of Tesco's red, white and blue too?

Ps learn to use the multiquote system. It keeps the amount of your dross people need to skip by. 

16 hours ago, undefined said:

^ Still doesn't get it. You just dont do numbers do you?

I think you are maybe a bit simple. Let me explain. In number terms there will always be more voters in any category for Labour than the SNP. That is because one of the parties is only trying to get elected in a country that contains 10% of the UK population . Understand, so far? However, what the figures show, is that that the SNP voters as a group were at least the same or moe likely than Labour voters to favour brexit. As it is unconstitutional in the SNP to disagree with the leadership, this is largely ignored.

37 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I think you are maybe a bit simple. Let me explain. In number terms there will always be more voters in any category for Labour than the SNP. That is because one of the parties is only trying to get elected in a country that contains 10% of the UK population . Understand, so far? However, what the figures show, is that that the SNP voters as a group were at least the same or moe likely than Labour voters to favour brexit. As it is unconstitutional in the SNP to disagree with the leadership, this is largely ignored.

You're really embarrassing yourself, again. Percentages are not the same as actual numbers.

27 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

However, what the figures show, is that that the SNP voters as a group were at least the same or more likely than Labour voters to favour brexit.

Set aside the SNP.  You do realise you're suggesting (as usual by implication), that UK Labour's pro Brexit stance is at odds with their "pro EU" Scottish voters?

The "figures" show the democratic deficit of Scotland not being a proper country - we NEVER get what we voted for.

The fundamental problem with democracy as a system is that there is not a significant meaningful majority on these very polarising divisive issues.

1) In favour of EU membership or Brexit in Scotland or the UK.

2) In favour of Better together or Independence.

It does not matter how hard anyone works polishing the turd, none of these options can win the day.

We are currently on course for an at best economically uncertain exit of the EU based on a wafer thin majority.

We could have been and yet could be on course for an at best economically uncertain exit from the UK based on a wafer thin majority.

I would contend that neither of these positions is desirable and (whether you have a democratic mandate or not) that if you are determined to steer a course for economic uncertainty you really do need a big majority.

On 11 September 2017 at 8:43 AM, Mclean07 said:

image.png.4b02f31b335bc8c6c0108f4d2ee70549.png

Interesting tweet from prominent Nationalist journalist Ruth Wishart. Seems the wee kid on working class chav isn't having any problems with better together, backing the most English of right wing Tories. To think this wee immature lassie replaced a serious politician. Tartan Tories, eh? 

Aw man, is naebody gonnae defend the wee red clydesider for her support of a Tory bigot, cos he's goat guid manners, an that. Ah mean better together an aw that, man.

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:43 AM, Mclean07 said:

image.png.4b02f31b335bc8c6c0108f4d2ee70549.png

Interesting tweet from prominent Nationalist journalist Ruth Wishart. Seems the wee kid on working class chav isn't having any problems with better together, backing the most English of right wing Tories. To think this wee immature lassie replaced a serious politician. Tartan Tories, eh? 

I really try to constantly challenge my gut reaction to judge a person on the basis of their privilege. Nobody gets to pick their parents after all. But in Reese Mogg's case I'm willing to let it slide. 

Awwww, you not having any fun now you trolling is not being fed?

Souuuul!

You forgot to mention that the Mogg was also nominated by "leftists" Lilian Greenwood, Yasmin Qureshi and Carolyn Harris... hhhmmmmmm.

S'pose if the only nominees are two Tories, then the committee members have gotta vote for one or the other of them. Black has said in the past, "I disagree with him 99.9% of the time, and that wee percent is just because he's got good manners." Hardly throwing her full support his way. She also likes debating with the Tories so if Mogg is Chairman, what better way to debate against his point of view, rather than having no-mark Morgan in the chair?

But hey ho, you carry on with the feeble but futile attempts to get rid of the Better Together tag. :D

On 9/12/2017 at 9:38 AM, Mclean07 said:

Aw man, is naebody gonnae defend the wee red clydesider for her support of a Tory bigot, cos he's goat guid manners, an that. Ah mean better together an aw that, man.

Jess Philips that well known Labour Leftie, sounds a lot like what the SNP MP said.

"Its probably not a popular view amongst my normal circles but Jacob Rees Mogg was very very nice to me and a real gent"