Flo Bojaj

Coleraine, who have signed Martin Smith on a short-term contract, are still managed by Kenny's son-in-law too. 

Tyson has indeed been playing for Wycombe. 

I took my info from a local paper which covers Charlton Athletic and which did a "Where Are They Now?" feature on him just last week. 

Edited by skygod

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

I didn't realise Kenny Shiels had signed Dapo Kayode. I'd love to see him actually play a game of football just to prove he exists. Kenny must still have good contacts here, maybe someone at Killie actually saw him and rated him.

I think he may have left shortly after signing as doesn’t appear in team photo or the player list on website 

One of my local clubs! 

I'll take a look. 

They have just moved into a fantastic new facility which they share with Walton Casuals. There is a 3G pitch with a "double-sided" stand, an athletics track and field events pits etc, and 3G training pitches. 

waterside-drive-high-image-header.jpg?zo

Edited by skygod

On 9/16/2017 at 7:47 AM, piffer said:

I hope we have an anniversary dinner of that momentous day in twenty years. It should never be forgotten. 

It was an experiment that failed. The idea behind it wasn't the worst but the quality of player wasn't what was required. 

If we were to sell Jordan Jones for decent money, would you still regard it as a failed experiment?

To sign eleven free agents and make a massive profit on two of them is actually a pretty decent return. 

If one in five of Killie's signings over the past 20 years was sold for a net gain of several hundred thousand, we would be in a very healthy financial position.

5 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

If we were to sell Jordan Jones for decent money, would you still regard it as a failed experiment?

To sign eleven free agents and make a massive profit on two of them is actually a pretty decent return. 

If one in five of Killie's signings over the past 20 years was sold for a net gain of several hundred thousand, we would be in a very healthy financial position.

Overall yes I would still say it was a failed experiment. From the summer to January especially. 

The return on two players has the potential to be exceptional. That distracts from the flops, the up and down performances until we found real quality in January. 

On 21/11/2017 at 11:38 AM, fraz65 said:

Of the original eleven signings, only five were free agents so the success ratio of 40% was very good. The rest were loans.

The problem lay in the scatter-gun approach which continued even after the original eleven and the hit-and-miss approach was no way to run a squad.

Clark didn't learn his lesson as he operated the same tactic at Bury except that, instead of free agents and loans, he was paying big fees and wages of up to £6k a week, allegedly.

He presided over a shambles and was deservedly sacked. There's no reason to suppose that, had he stayed at Killie, he wouldn't have dragged us down too. 

Edited by skygod

Why do you think he adopts such an approach? Does he genuinely think it is a strategy that works? He seems to have used it wherever he has been- you would think he would have learned by now. A bit bizzare I think.

I used to wonder how Clark would have got on at Killie if he had appointed his own backroom staff. He did this at Bury and it still didn't work out for him!

• 3 weeks later...

Along with another 50 - 60 freezing, tortured souls, I watched the Combined Counties League Premier Division "clash" this afternoon between third place Walton & Hersham and fifth place Camberley Town.

My mate who is on the Walton committee told me Bojaj is only on loan from Welling until xmas so I thought I'd better check him out. He also told me that he is two to three levels better than the ninth or tenth tier at which Walton play. He's scored 11 goals in his 15 appearances for the club so that might be true.

He's bigger and more powerful than I'd imagined and there wasn't much doubt he was the most accomplished player on the field but he had zero impact on the match and was substituted late on.

His hopes of playing for Kosovo are a long way off and he needs to show a lot more desire if he's going to even make a career in the game. 

Goal-less draw (it had to be really).

Edited by skygod