The Ex-Players Thread

Thought we should have a thread focussed on detailing the highs, lows and antics of our esteemed ex-players.

Has a previous Killie haddie scored a hat-trick for Bristol City? Has someone started playing football in Malta to escape the clutches of drug lords? Has someone left Killie and actually furthered their career? Pop it all in here.

Dargo is football co-ordinator for North Kelvin Sports. He has also been coaching at youth level for ayrshire's wee team. Andy McLaren set up the charity A&M Scotland. 

Ross Jack is manager of Turriff up north. Colin Meldrum is a goalkeeping coach at celtic.

Calum Campbell is heid chuffer at NHS Lanarkshire

2 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

Without turning this into a do you remember thread, does anyone remember the welsh boy mixu signed? Scott Evans I'm sure his name was, don't think he ever made an appearance. 

I'm almost certain Mixu made most of his signings based on guys he found on football manager, a bit like hearts this season.

Yes! I was researching Mixu's signings that season a wee while back and there was some honkers. Evans is at Llanelli, who play in Wales' second division. He stayed with them after the club got wound up by HMRC and played amateur football with them for a while - now semi-pro I believe but that standard must be dreadful.

1 hour ago, DAN-MCNASTY said:

I hope the pursehouse story is true and we can find footage.We could always hire him to sell killie stuff from the shop on the club's YouTube channel :D

It is - I remember watching it at the time. He sold a watch I believe and some South African coins that he got from his Grandfather (?). They did a whole thing on him back at Bramall Lane and he spoke a bit about playing for us.

I can vaguely remember that when Melly went up to work at Aberdeen as a goalkeeping coach to replace Jim Leighton one of the main reasons reported was that he had gone back to Uni and was now also a qualified fitness coach so they felt he was effectively bringing 2 roles to the club.

48 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Is he really, really ridiculously good looking?

Nope he's a guy with issues which with more sensitive management could've made a serious football career.  Unfortunately we have calamity Calderwood whose sensitivity to mental health issues is on a par with the level of tactfulness of a Frankie Boyle show!